The Equalizer:TV series & movie franchise.

Comments

Agent7F wrote: »
    We don't want next James Bond to be a woman. Does anyone have any problem of the Reboot TV series lead by a woman Roberta McCall????

Yes.

Can't say I am too impressed either! [-X
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    0x40y2xivuva1.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I need a trailer ASAP. I'm very eager to see Denzel and Dakota gracing the screen together again.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Still not watched any of these films, i was a big fan of the 80's TV show with Edward Woodward.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Give it to me. I'm ready for it.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Still not watched any of these films, i was a big fan of the 80's TV show with Edward Woodward.

I love the TV series. Woodward was a class act, but able to explode with rage at a moments notice. In fact, it was those scenes when his calm sedate exterior slips, that make up my favourite scenes of the show. He drive a lovely looking Jaguar too.

I saw the first Equalizer film, but as good as Washington is, I felt that it was a run of the mill action thriller of the day.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I love the TV series. Woodward was a class act, but able to explode with rage at a moments notice. In fact, it was those scenes when his calm sedate exterior slips, that make up my favourite scenes of the show. He drive a lovely looking Jaguar too.

I saw the first Equalizer film, but as good as Washington is, I felt that it was a run of the mill action thriller of the day.

I have seen the movie trailers and the tone did not feel like the original show though the 80's feel very much made that show great. I noticed on Sky Max there is a new TV show of The Equalizer.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    The movies are great in their own way, though the show was always excellent. Even the later seasons which had less Woodward in them were very good.
    Love 'The Equalizer' films, as I did the T.V. show. The 3rd looks as visceral as the first two.
    Denzel is a class act, and glad he sporting the shaven head from the first one. Seems to suit him better for the character imo.
    I will give the first film a watch.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Oh gosh. I'm all in on Denzel Washington as the Equalizer for how director Antoine Fuqua presents him.

Just focused and tremendously satisfying, works wickedly well for me. Very much looking forward to 3.

a151e29409954830f542a9b8bb604582_w200.gif
    3cdb4634-5c72-4e93-bf29-bf358d364e3f_text.gif
    0x40y2xivuva1.jpg

Have to say that their are RARE occasions nowadays where an actor or actress for that matter? Are paired to a popular character whether on TV or at the Movies. But Washington as Robert McCall is just genious!

Loved the first two movies, so i am certainly excited for the third movie! :-bd
  • edited July 2023 Posts: 301
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Loved the first two movies, so i am certainly excited for the third movie! :-bd

I'm also waiting for the third movie. The other two were okay, especially the first one.
    Saw it this afternoon.

What I expected. I loved it!

• mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Movie comes out here in October. Damn.
    I can report the 1:49 running time. Focused and efficient as it should be.

As always very satisfying. Tempus fugit.

Looking forward to seeing it this weekend. I'm hoping it's the best of the lot but if it's firmly between the first two as my second favorite in the trilogy, I'll be very happy.
    Being cryptic here the opening kind of faked me out. Which is good how it played through.

And on first view it didn't have moments in a similar style to eclipse McCall confronting Nicolai Itchenko in the restaurant. Or Dave York in and outside his own home.

But its steady pace takes on a velocity at the right time, doesn't waste or exaggerate or become frantic. Very measured and appropriate storytelling to me with a couple unexpected payoffs.

Interested in your thoughts of course @Creasy47 .

im-preparing-you-robert-mccall.gif
    Hoping to get to see it Monday. Looking forward to it!
    @RichardTheBruce, I forgot to post here but I saw it on Saturday and it was exactly what I hoped for and expected: the most brutal installment of the three and firmly cemented as my second favorite in the trilogy.

I loved the heavy appearance of all things Italian here too, with Denzel working wonders as a sort of fish out of water exchanging one half-accomplished mission for a newfound one. The visceral nature of the action was great (garroting one guy so deeply his head later falls off, or that John Wick moment when he stabs one of the henchmen to death and watches the life drain from his eyes), but it has the same hollow second act issues I felt the other two had, a few lulls and not much excitement at all.

Still, the opening and finale make up for it, and it was exclusively worth it just to enjoy Dakota Fanning and Washington sharing the screen together once more after nearly 20 years.
    One of the things I noticed that about this third film that is a nod to Man On Fire, aside from the Dakota reunion, was the setting in Italy. The original novel and the first '87 adaptation had Creasy in Italy, going up against the mafia and finding a "home" and love amongst the local population.

It's a nice touch, even with the other story differences.
    One of the things I noticed that about this third film that is a nod to Man On Fire, aside from the Dakota reunion, was the setting in Italy. The original novel and the first '87 adaptation had Creasy in Italy, going up against the mafia and finding a "home" and love amongst the local population.

Have you read the novels? I always forget they exist but I'm such a huge fan of Scott's 2004 adaptation that I've been meaning to read them.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Have you read the novels? I always forget they exist but I'm such a huge fan of Scott's 2004 adaptation that I've been meaning to read them.

Only the one that has been adapted - I never got around to any others unfortunately. I remember my Dad passing it on to me; he picked it up after loving the 2004 film.

Only the one that has been adapted - I never got around to any others unfortunately. I remember my Dad passing it on to me; he picked it up after loving the 2004 film.

I've been meaning to check out the 1987 version as well; every time I see it's been added to Hulu, I wait too long and then it's gone again. I'll get around to the books sooner rather than later hopefully. After much convincing from my girlfriend, I picked up a Kindle Paperwhite and it's revitalized my reading interest.
    I am hearing good things about the third movie, the spagetti western comparisons I like a lot. I still have not watched the first two movies, I am going to have to to get some context for the third.
    I am hearing good things about the third movie, the spagetti western comparisons I like a lot. I still have not watched the first two movies, I am going to have to to get some context for the third.

You don't need to see the other two for any narrative reasons other than understanding what makes the character tick, and there is one particular reveal in this one that only has a weighty impact if you've seen the last two. I'd recommend them both, they have their entertainment values for sure. The first one is still my favorite of the trio.
    edited September 2023 Posts: 23,270

You don't need to see the other two for any narrative reasons other than understanding what makes the character tick, and there is one particular reveal in this one that only has a weighty impact if you've seen the last two. I'd recommend them both, they have their entertainment values for sure. The first one is still my favorite of the trio.

Just checked Amazon Prime they are £3.99 and £4.99 for the first two in HD, tempted to buy them though I would prefer UHD versions which are a bit more expensive. One of the streaming apps may have them.

---

Edited:Cool Sky cinema has both films and are offering a £4.99 deal for 3 months.

Just checked Amazon Prime they are £3.99 and £4.99 for the first two in HD, tempted to buy them though I would prefer UHD versions which are a bit more expensive. One of the streaming apps may have them.

---

Edited:Cool Sky cinema has both films and are offering a £4.99 deal for 3 months.

Sweet. I look forward to hearing your thoughts then.

---

Sweet. I look forward to hearing your thoughts then.

It will be interesting to see how the films compare to the TV show.