Bond Villain A vs. Bond Villain B (Chang vs. Gettler)

Comments

Although I like Locque a lot! For me it has to be Tee Hee!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Locque has a more 'satisfying' death, but other than that, he doesn't get to do much. Tee Hee Johnson looks intimidating, has a decent fight with Bond (something all great henchmen should do), provides a little banter at the farm, and could cut the end of a cigar at the click of his fingers- something early MooreBond would find very handy...
  • Definitely Tee Hee. He's fair scarier, far more easily identifiable, and does far more. Locque gets the better death, but Tee Hee's is no slouch.
  • Tee Hee is one of the best henchman in the series. Hands down Tee Hee.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I too would vote for Tee Hee but Locque is a great silent character.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Locque for me
    Close call but i would go with Tee-Hee...shame the actor who played Locque commited suicide,as did Yakaba Brink,Bibi's tutor.

I take it this thread is still active ? :-?
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    As soons as @00Beast returns, it should be
  • AntiLocqueBrakesAntiLocqueBrakes The edge
    Locque

Did Tee-Hee even kill anyone?
  • MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    Locque
    This... I did not see coming. :))

Put me down for Locque. When I look at villains, I don't just measure up their specs, but also the persona they give off. Locque is a creep and definitely not a guy you want to get entangled with. Tee Hee is big, but his demeanor makes him seem so much less intimidating.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Locque.
    Had one of the best deaths in the series.
  • AntiLocqueBrakesAntiLocqueBrakes The edge
    Mansfield wrote: »
    Locque

Put me down for Locque. When I look at villains, I don't just measure up their specs, but also the persona they give off. Locque is a creep and definitely not a guy you want to get entangled with. Tee Hee is big, but his demeanor makes him seem so much less intimidating.

No bias, I swear!

Tee-Hee's grin couple with his name "Tee-Hee" should be an immediate disqualifier from the Bad Guy Olympics.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Tee-Hee, no contest.
  • I have to go with Tee Hee, he was much more impressive physically
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 4,762
    Mansfield wrote: »
    Locque

I take the opposite approach here- I feel that if I saw Tee Hee sneaking up on me with that goofy grin, I'd be terrified. Would he crack a joke and be on his way, or would he cause me to also have the need for a prosthetic arm? With Locque, there's only one answer: he'd kill me. That uncertainty with Tee Hee is undeniably frightening!

EDIT:

I'll give this discussion a few more hours and then begin a new round!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    This outcome just goes to show that we all look for different things in a Bond henchman. For some it's the imposition, for some the unique traits e.g. metal arm, teeth, signature weapon etc., while some may prefer more realistic, yet sinister henchman like Locque. I'll still stick to my guns and choose Tee-Hee over Emile Leopold, because I think Bond henchmen should visually stand out from the crowd of regular henchmen- but like the films, a realistic one every so often is a nice change. I do like the notion that Locque never utters an audible word on screen (IIRC), not even when he's begging for his life on the cliff edge. In this sense he kind of falls into the 'mute' henchman category, although I'm pretty sure we see his lips moving in one scene.
    If I counted correctly, Tee Hee disarmed Emile Locque with a 10-5 win. I enjoyed reading the reasons you all gave for defending your picks; it seems like Tee Hee has a strong fan club here, although Locque received some high praise as well! The henchman truly are an interesting subject to discuss!

Next round:

Professor Dr. Metz vs. the Liparus captain

Both are less significant henchman with fairly large responsibilities in guiding their superiors' plans to fruition, which, incidentally, both involve operations at sea. Who will the winner be?
    Liparus Captain for being less annoying. :))
    You mean you guys don't enjoy listening to Metz yell at the top of his lungs about how displeased he is with Blofeld's handling of the operation? Hahaha
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Metz.

Like with most of DAF, he is unintentionally hilarious. "Will you please leave, you irritating man!"
    He should have left himself. Connery was just minding his business. Metz had a bug up his @$$ the whole movie. :))
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Like the rest of you, I have to go with the Liparus captain, just because he's slightly less annoying than crybaby Metz.
    Metz.

Like with most of DAF, he is unintentionally hilarious. "Will you please leave, you irritating man!"

I always get a good kick out of his facial expression and delivery when he replies to Blofeld's order to destroy Washington with that hesitant, "Uhh...Washington....right."
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The Liparus Captain. He fulfills his role without being crap.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    At least the Liparus Captain was committed to the cause. Indeed, he gave his life trying to keep Bond and the others out of the control room. Metz, on the other hand, never seemed to truly be on board with Blofeld's plan. He was manipulated/duped and then horrified when he learned Blofeld's true intentions. However, as a character (not to mention the actor's performance) Metz is far more entertaining. Still, mark me down for the Liparus Captain.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Metz.

Cannot even remember the captain. I mean I know he is there, but that s all.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    The Lizards Captain - Metz I found more annoying.
    Dr Metz!
    It seems that Professor Dr. Metz's chances at the win were tanked by the Liparus captain, who defeated his opponent in a 6-3 victory!

Next round:

Chang vs. Gettler

Hugo Drax's usually silent assassin will take on Mr. White's shifty errand boy in a duel to the death- you decide who comes out the victor!
    Chang because of his pouty face when Bond stops the centrifuge.
    d99b941caa2c452964102788ba559e28.jpg