Bond Villain A vs. Bond Villain B (Chang vs. Gettler)

edited October 2015 in Bond Movies Posts: 4,762
It's exactly the same as my Bond Movie A vs. Bond Movie B Thread, except this time we're pitting the villains against one another. This should be some fun right here! I'll be taking requests for our first round as of now!

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wasn't there a game @Dimi created like this??
    Wasn't there a game @Dimi created like this??

Not sure; I'd have no idea where to find it either.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    hmmmm, how about Dr. No vs. Goldfinger?
    Murdock wrote:
    hmmmm, how about Dr. No vs. Goldfinger?

I think you are correct good sir! That would make for a slam-bang debut! Thanks for the request, it will be granted!

All right, you heard the man, the first round is:

Dr. Julius No vs. Auric Goldfinger
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    I'll kick it off here.

I vote for Dr No for dying a more dignified death.
    Dr. Julius No gets my vote because he just screams with raw power and demands loyalty and obediance with that silent glare. Goldfinger just comes off goofy and too megalomanical to be taken seriously. Also, Dr. No has metal hands capable of crushing anything! Goldfinger? Nothing, except maybe that cool golden revolver. Still though, DN could easily deflect his bullets just by raising a hand.
    Joseph Wiseman without question, and least he wasn't dubbed over, and made for a much more threatening adversary, Gert Frobe didn't get much reaction from me, that dinner scene with Connery and Andress is classic James Bond gold and the discussions they had, one of the best Bond nemesis' of the entire series
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Dr. No, his voice is chilling and just feels more menacing. Goldfinger just feels like a bumbling man who just lost his job. haha.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Dr. No, indeed: very cold and calculating, and I enjoyed his 'lair' so much more.
    I do like Goldfinger as a villain, but I think I'm going to give the edge to THE SATANIC DR. NO.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Dr. No. We meet Goldfinger at jump, while Dr. No retains a suspenseful mystery about him until the last chunk of the film. The banter between Bond and Dr. No is far superior, and I love the "you're just a stupid policeman" line as well as the dinner he invites Bond to. It highlights the world of espionage at the time as the gentlemen's game it was.
    While I prefer GF as an overall film I'm going to have to go with Dr No. More menacing.
    Dr No as he is far more menacing and THE original Bond villain.
    Dr.No. He has such a quiet menace to him. And unlike Goldfinger he's actually scary. A always thought Goldfinger kinda came off as oafish at times.
    Just to be perverse..

I am going to go with Auric..

His motivation is obcession with gold. It permeates the entire film. There is something slightly perverse about his methods of death as well ie a girl with gold paint or castration with a laser. His scheme of breaking into Fort Knox to destroy everything is one of the best in the series.

He was featured in Empire Magazines best villains of all time.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Goldfinger. We barely see Dr No for the whole film, and GF was just brutal the way he killed (or ordered others to kill) people.

Also, he has some of the best lines in the entire series.
    actonsteve wrote:
    Just to be perverse..

His motivation is obcession with gold. It permeates the entire film. There is something slightly perverse about his methods of death as well ie a girl with gold paint or castration with a laser. His scheme of breaking into Fort Knox to destroy everything is one of the best in the series.

Empire also thinks The Godfather is the greatest film of all time, so...
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    actonsteve wrote:
    Just to be perverse..

Empire also thinks The Godfather is the greatest film of all time, so...

The greatest? I just choked. But then I don't read that mag. Although didn't they just have that lovely Skyfall shot of Craig overlooking London - "Defence of the Realm"?

Anyhow, I vote for the truly menacing and chilling Dr. No. Goldinger was scum - ok, creative maybe by killing her by painting her gold, but come on. He personally looked like an overstuffed five year old out to get his way no matter what. Always about to break into a tantrum. A big brutal bullying baby of a bad guy. (any more illiterations anyone?) Dr. No would have snuffed him with his one (metal) hand while sipping a drink with the other.
    Mmmmmnmmmmmm hard choice

Goldfinger wins.
  • DB5DB5
    "No Mr. Bond I expect you to die!" Goldfinger, hands down!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Dr. No, for not being Goldfinger. Plus, he's the first film villain.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Dr. No, the first and most scaring villain. He really putted a mark on the series!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2012 Posts: 15,690
    Julius? No!
    Dr Julius No
    Auric Goldfinger while Julius No was a somewhat sinister villain in the books there was little left of that in the movie. While Gert Frobes baddie is all out camp he is a very dangerous opponent. The golfscene in GF is so brilliantly done, it made a very boring sport very exciting. (was a true hommage to Flemings excellent writing) The whole movie AG was shown in his various guises as criminal. A great criminal.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Dr. Julius No is the far more intimidating of the two. Almost like the school teacher you're afraid to approach.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Dr. Julius No is the far more intimidating of the two. Almost like the school teacher you're afraid to approach.

He's like one of those old fashioned school teachers you can imagine pupils being terrified of because he was so calm yet so rutheless with a caine.
    Dr No all the way. Auric can still put up a good fight I bet. He would probably cheat.

My request please and thanks.

Karl Stromberg Vs Brad Whitaker (surprise surprise)
    actonsteve wrote:

What he said.

Auric Goldfinger
    Goldfinger all the way! Dr. No was a great villian but he's nothing next to Auric Goldfinger. He had a better plan, better henchmen, and a better lifestyle as a gold tycoon rather than a crazed hermit doctor on a strange island. Only thing Dr. No had going for him that was better was his kick-ass island compound, which was way cooler than Goldfingers Kentucky ranch, but still, in every other possible respect, Goldfinger wins...