Bond Villain A vs. Bond Villain B (Chang vs. Gettler)

Comments

Kananga
    I liked Christopher Walken as the crazy mad Zorin but my vote goes to Kananga.
    He was physically fit and could actually take on Bond (any Bond and that includes Craig and Lazenby) in a fistfight. He was cold, methodical and ultra cool.
    Kerim wrote:
    I will vote for Zorin because Kananga needed more cowbell.

What does that mean?

I went for Kananga just for the "and now we can perhaps try something in a similar vein" scene.

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    actonsteve wrote:
    Kerim wrote:
    I will vote for Zorin because Kananga needed more cowbell.

What does that mean?

I went for Kananga just for the "and now we can perhaps try something in a similar vein" scene.

Based off of a famous Saturday Night Live skit in the States.

• edited June 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Zorin. It's Christopher Walken as a Bond villain for christ sake.

Let's not forget Kananga gets a stupid death whereas Walkens is great. Love the smile just before he falls.
    Both are awesome villains and its really hard choosing a winner here.

Max Zorin for being crazy.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Kananga easily. Out of all the villains in the Bond films, he has the most badass sounding name and he has one of the most badass lines in the series (first 18seconds of the clip below)

He was as charming and well dressed as Bond, he was intelligent and he he wasn't afraid to get up close and personal
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 11,425
    Zorin - an unfairly maligned performance by the great C. Walken.

I love the scene in the mine where he mows down his own men. Classic.
    Tough one for me as like Walken and Kotto! But i am gonna go with Kananga as he was the FIRST villain that i saw in a Bond movie.

So its thanks to him and Roger ofcourse for me loving this franchise.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I am always one for the crazy characters. Zorin it is.
    All right, it's pretty evident that Max Zorin machine-gun slaughtered Dr. Kananga, hahaha.

Next round: Rosa Klebb vs. Irma Bunt

Good luck! Haha.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Rosa Klebb, hands down. She could kick it with the best of them.

And apparently Irma disappeared into the ether as soon as she shot Tracy. Odd...
    Rosa Klebb, hands down. She could kick it with the best of them.

*That
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Irma Bunt, for that dramatic shock jump into the camera. "FANCY MEETING YOU HERE FRAULEIN!"
    This is a close one. But I'll have to go with Irma Bunt. She was alive and kicking by the end of the story, unlike Rosa Klebb.
    Deadpan "I find the paralell amusing.."

Klebb, it is..
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 3,494
    Tough choice, but I'll go with Rosa Klebb in this round. The scene where she smokes a cigarette while Bond and Romanova get it on is "kinkily" awesome. Better than Bunt hiding under the covers.

Although I love the noise Bunt makes while escaping the car at the race track as fire explodes on her butt- "Ehhhhhhh!". Cracks me up every time =))
    actonsteve wrote:
    Deadpan "I find the paralell amusing.."

Klebb, it is..

That line gives me the shudders

As does "Then you will not leave this room alive" and "Calm my dear"
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    klebb
    Bunt had some "likability" about her.
    there is nothing to like about Rosa Klebb. The incarnation of pure female (lesbian) evil.

Klebb
    heres to a great villianess and she went out in a blaze of glory. Trying to kick Bond with her poisoned bladed shoe, striking him about the head and shoulders and making some godawful noises. An evil woman.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Rosa Klebb. That women is nuts - and I love it.

Strong characters but they're from the 60's so what do you expect?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Rosa Klebb, otherwise I'm just saying that annoying [bleep] Irma Bunt is a good villain.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Bunt made Bond cry by killing his wife.
    Rosa Klebb by a mile!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Klebb - a poisonous (in every way) piece of evil henchwoman. A true scab of a character. Very well played and fit the role well (from when I read the book).
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Rosa Klebb.
  • DB5DB5
    A "horrible woman" who "had her kicks." Rosa Klebb.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 1,497
    Lotte Lenya is an incredible actress and her Rosa Klebb is very memorable...But I have had to rethink this! Bunt is just so creepy to me. You always knew Klebb is the villain, almost to the point where she is over the top (I almost half expect her to break out into the Can-Can). I also thought the whole poison shoe thing was a bit campy. Why don't Bond and her start doing the Russian leg dance together!

Bunt on the other hand always had this incredibly scary look in her eye. Plus she took away Bond's love.

<b>Frau Iram Bunt</b> is the winner for more effective villainess.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Both excellent but I'm going to pick Rosa Klebb
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Now this is what I call a frolicking threesome. I will vote for Irma Bunt because she didn't need no stinkin' bladed shoe.
    JBFan626 wrote:
    Lotte Lenya is an incredible actress and her Rosa Klebb is very memorable...But I have had to rethink this! Bunt is just so creepy to me. You always knew Klebb is the villain, almost to the point where she is over the top (I almost half expect her to break out into the Can-Can). I also thought the whole poison shoe thing was a bit campy. Why don't Bond and her start doing the Russian leg dance together!

Bunt on the other hand always had this incredibly scary look in her eye. Plus she took away Bond's love.

<b>Frau Iram Bunt</b> is the winner for more effective villainess.

Yes, so affective she doesn't even exist afterwards. :-w