Bond Villain A vs. Bond Villain B (Chang vs. Gettler)

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Elliot! Pryce has a great time with his lines. ;-)
    Also Elliot DOESN'T wear a video-game suit of armour ;)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Elliot Carver, because nothing is more evil than the press.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I am actually going with the bumper sticker spitting man...I mean Graves...Carver is just so droll and unbecoming. He has no danger about him at all, while Graves is at least capable of a scuffle. I just said something positive about DAD. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!

You're only human 0Brady.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Carver. I don't like either though. It's kind of funny, how Brosnan had 3 of my favourite villians (Trevelayn, Elektra and Renard), as well as two of my least faves (Carver and Graves).

Moon was actually pretty cool at the start, when he's beating up the punching bag with the guy inside it, or when he's being a maniac with a flame thrower, and the relationship with his dad could've been intresting.

They threw this all out of the window though when they transformed him into Graves, a smug, annoying arsehole who runs around trying to be Iron Man in the films finale.

Carver was annoying and didn't seem that dangerous at all, but he had some great lines, and you do sort of get the feeling that he's a maniac.
  • I have to go with Carver here. Graves has his moments, but his aims are political in nature. Whereas Carver has his wife killed without remorse and starting comparing himself to God. More effective, more entertaining.
    Elliot Carver
    BAIN123 wrote:

Oh my goodness, my friend and I always get the biggest laugh out of the video game suit. That's easily the biggest joke out of Die Another Day, which is disappointing because I rather do enjoy the movie.
    00Beast wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:

Oh my goodness, my friend and I always get the biggest laugh out of the video game suit. That's easily the biggest joke out of Die Another Day, which is disappointing because I rather do enjoy the movie.

I think EVERYONE laughs at the moment when Toby Stephens turns round wearing the suit.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:

I think EVERYONE laughs at the moment when Toby Stephens turns round wearing the suit.

Agreed, and it's those preposterous glasses that do the trick. Without the glasses, the suit is a tad bit more bearable, just a bit. Still though, the taser was cheap. I'd rather him slug it out in a fair men's match with Brosnan instead of opting for the cheater's way out. We got gyped out of an otherwise really nice fight by ending it early with yet more sci-fi junk.
    Elliot Carver wins by a country mile.
    I went with Graves because Carver wouldn't beat Bond in a swordfight. Wouldn't beat anybody come to think of it. A very banal and uninteresting nemesis for 007 that year
  • I went with Graves because Carver wouldn't beat Bond in a swordfight. Wouldn't beat anybody come to think of it. A very banal and uninteresting nemesis for 007 that year

That's not true. Carver could probably, sorry to say, beat the Phillies this year.

=((
    I prefer Carver, both are 2 of my least favourites with quite poorly written charachters but i think jonathon pryce is enjoying himself more and imo does slightly more with the material and probably makes the right decsison to ham it up.
  • DB5DB5
    Did we give up on this thread? The last post was on July 8, it's now the 14th. How about a new thread comparing Bond Girls?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    This thread is only getting going. I'm sure @00Beast will continue it soon. All it needed was a quick bump.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    This thread is only getting going. I'm sure @00Beast will continue it soon. All it needed was a quick bump.

Yeah, sorry about this guys, I don't know what happened to it! Anyway, we are back on track here and Elliot Carver has used his big ol' Sea Drill to shred Gustav Graves and his video game suit to bits!

Next match-up: Gobinda vs. Dario
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Dario! More ruthless and sadistic.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited July 2012 Posts: 2,629
    My vote goes to Dario because he was better in traffic than Gobinda was.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    edited July 2012 Posts: 3,262
    Gobinda. Gotta be loyal to my henchman who even went on top of a flying plane at my request!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Dario. That insane glare in his eyes is great! Awesome performance by the youthful Benicio.
    Dario, radiated more menace - and no Wilhelm Scream either

Does his best work at the distribution center, or seems most effective
  • Dario, there's just something so damn sinister about him.
    I went for Gobinda. I just like India and Indians.

Dario was excellent. I like the undertone of sexual frission he had with Sanchez.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Gobinda for me. A very commanding presence. As for Dario, or rather Benicio, he needed a few more years of maturing before turning into the great actor he is now. See The Usual Suspects for further reference.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Nearly tie but I'll go for psycho kid Dario.
    Dario. My 2nd favourite henchman (I do like Gobinda though).
  • JrW_008JrW_008 The North
    Gobinda for me. A real presence about him and despite the fact Dario can 'rip your heart out' I go with Kamal's man.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Dario is the better one but I like both these villains. Strong additions to the Bond canon.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 3,494
    What a no-brainer. Dario with ease. He should have gotten nominated for that performance, let alone being a newcomer. Gobinda and Khan are boring compared to both Dario and Orlov.