The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited July 2018 Posts: 6,733
    00Agent wrote: »
    mattjoes wrote: »
    So, you've got me grinning like an idiot, @00Agent! Well done!
    But now Pierce knew that i exsisted in the same Universe as him! What more could i possibly need?
    Yeah, I can imagine the feeling! And really, you could've gotten a pic with him or an autograph, but I don't think it would've made too much of a difference. One way or the other, it was still going to be this fleeting moment of awesomeness. And you lived it!
    Then, when he was right at the door of the car, he looked me straight in the eyes and said "Guys... i will be back shortly."
    For the real premiere, he meant?

I bet when he locked eyes with you, you felt like this.

You met the Brosnic Messiah... never wash those eyes again!!

Exactly! :D

But when we locked eyes it felt more like this:
    giphy.webp

I don't know what he meant when he said he will be back shortly, but i sure will find out!
    9QP1Hfs.jpg

You've... you've earned it.

(borrowed from The Incredible Suit-- I keep stealing from the guy)
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Haha thank you Matt! I appreciate it.
    I feel like i have earned my first star... now i just need to find me a woman who enjoys pulling rank.
    I wonder if PB will ever appear in a hit film again. It's been a while. Mama Mia doesn't count as the songs sell the movie.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 13,936
    That's awesome, @00Agent Well done mate! And completely agreed, some people are so ungrateful- the booing was a jackass move. Just the fact you saw your idol and he acknowledged you should be enough for anyone.
    But screw them. At the end of the day all that matters is:

"00Agent...I'm lookin' at YOU!"

3506674-300.jpg
    edited July 2018 Posts: 5,185
    Thank you @QBranch, i should also mention that Amanda Seyfried was there as well and they both apologized upfront to the fans waiting there when they left for having no time. Brosnan seemed uncomfortable with the reactions, i bet he would have liked to sign something but the evil queen of numbers wouldn't let him.

But those 'fans' looked like hardcore Autograph hunters to me, not just regular fans.
    They came prepared... just not for a cold reception.
    Great story 00Agent. Very jealous.
    Thank you @BAIN123 and @ggl007 too!

This morning something dawned on me that made the whole expirience even more amazing than it already was.

Yesterday on the 12th of July, when i met Brosnan, was exactly the one year anniversary of my Goldeneye Bungee Jump :D and here i thought this was the most random of days.

I don't really know how to process this information right now lol... brainmalfunction
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Haha, @00Agent, now that is some luck and privilege some of us don't have. :))

Congratulations on your endeavor. Here's to an even better next time. :D
    Haha, @00Agent, now that is some luck and privilege some of us don't have. :))

Congratulations on your endeavor. Here's to an even better next time. :D

Well i certainly hope that everyone (who wants to) gets to meet the man at least once in his life and I will try and share as much Info as i can on these matters from now on.
    Call it professional Courtesy.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I'm so glad your dedication paid off, @00Agent! I was filled wth warm fuzzy feelings just reading that.
    Thank you @Agent_99
    I had warm fuzzy feelings writing it, that might have had something to do with it ;)
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 17,293
    Great story, @00Agent! Brosnan seems like a good guy, even if he didn't have time for photographs and autographs. Shame about the booing; why do they even bother? It's just unnecessary.
    Great story, @00Agent! Brosnan seems like a good guy, even if he didn't have time for photographs and autographs. Shame about the booing; why do they even bother? It's just unnecessary.

I think those people were 'professional' Autograph hunters, they had flashy leather folders with dozens of glossy pictures of him. They started booing, and someone told me afterwards that one guy even threw a cup at him which was just pathetic, but i think Brosnan is used to those Kind of people unfortunately. And this event was completely secret, so there were no regular fans.

But there were also a handful of guys like me who were absolutel ecstatic just to be there and see him.
    Afterwards we were looking at each other like
    tumblr_n51kiaVPqc1smcbm7o1_250.gif

I definitly hope he doesn't have a bad Impression of Hamburg from this.
    The whole event was so low key and secretive unfortunately that only those Kind of Autograph hunters would even know about it (god knows how).
    I think it's time for me to make some new friends :D
    Wow. Someone threw a cup at him?

This is why celebrities will always look down on fans.
    Wow. Someone threw a cup at him?

This is why celebrities will always look down on fans.
    Thats what i heard but i didn't see it.

Yupp, there are definitly some that deserve to be looked down upon.
    Final Score comes out in Ireland and UK on September 7.
    Those autograph hunters can be real idiots. They call the star over, and if he gets closer, they might mention a film of his they supposedly enjoyed. You can tell they've done this a million times, since it's so unnatural, forced and fake. And if the star doesn't do what they want, they get upset. And those folders they carry with photos of everybody, just in case they might show up... they're only a step above the paparazzi, and perhaps not even that, what with the booing and the guy that threw the cup. Imagine if Pierce had changed his mind and decided to approach the crowd after all. I'm sure the people who booed and threw the cup would've been calling out to Pierce to get him to sign their stuff as if nothing had happened. Pathetic.
    QBranch wrote: »
    "00Agent...I'm lookin' at YOU!"

3506674-300.jpg
    :))
    But there were also a handful of guys like me who were absolutel ecstatic just to be there and see him.
    Afterwards we were looking at each other like
    tumblr_n51kiaVPqc1smcbm7o1_250.gif

I'd definitely be one of those if I was there, that's for sure! :D The last time I was in a similar situation was four-five years ago when Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden stopped by the school I studied at, while visiting the city. We knew beforehand he was stopping by, but I didn't have any Iron Maiden stuff available at the time, so I didn't bother to get him to sign anything. Just fun to see him up close!

What are "professional" autograph hunters, by the way? Do they sell them on Ebay to make money from it?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    What are "professional" autograph hunters, by the way? Do they sell them on Ebay to make money from it?
    I wasn't aware this was a thing either. Very sad to hear that. And on reflection, unsurprising.

If I spotted Pierce in the street, I would just comment that I loved his Bond, and do that gesture you see him do a lot:

https://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/wennpic/pierce-brosnan-arriving-for-jimmy-kimmel-live-01.jpg
    http://entertainment.ie//images_content/rectangle/620x372/71881266.jpg
    I saw a Video of George Lucas once, signing autographs, and he explained to the guy filming him that 'these people are just here so they can sell these autographs' and went on to ask them if they don't have anything better to do with their Lives :))

It seems to be a thing, maybe its a hobby. Can't imagine you can actually earn a living with this. But there are weirder Jobs out there.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I wasn't aware this was a thing either. Very sad to hear that. And on reflection, unsurprising.

If I spotted Pierce in the street, I would just comment that I loved his Bond, and do that gesture you see him do a lot:

https://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/wennpic/pierce-brosnan-arriving-for-jimmy-kimmel-live-01.jpg

"Call me". I wonder who the photographer was?
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 17,293
    I saw a Video of Georege Lucas once, signing autographs, and he explained to the guy filming him that 'these people are just here so they can sell these autographs' and went on to ask them if they don't have anything better to do with their Lives :))

It seems to be a thing, maybe its a hobby. Can't imagine you can actually earn a living with this. But there are weirder Jobs out there.

Seems like a hobby thing, perhaps. Wonder what people like Brosnan and Lucas thinks are the worst: autograph hunters or people who want to take a selfie?

Same here. Wouldn't want to bother the guy if I saw him.
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    I struggle with her. She often takes me out of otherwise great scenes. A good example being the Lotus underwater sequence where she can’t seem to say lines like “James!” or “look!” without sounding wooden.

If you’re not deeply engrossed in the dramatic tension of every scene involving Mrs Starr then you’re missing out. Barbara is a legend as XXX.
    Getafix wrote: »
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    I struggle with her. She often takes me out of otherwise great scenes. A good example being the Lotus underwater sequence where she can’t seem to say lines like “James!” or “look!” without sounding wooden.
    If you’re not deeply engrossed in the dramatic tension of every scene involving Mrs Starr then you’re missing out. Barbara is a legend as XXX.
    She's a looker. That's all there is to her. ;)
    Any way for all you Brosnan lovers he did a nice interview on Radio 4 broadcast this evening.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b9v6j7

As usual comes over as thoroughly likeable and has some interesting stuff to say when asked if he’d one day like to return to his stage roots.

Nothing on Bond at all though in case you’re wondering.
    Yeah, he's somewhat agitated while trying to suppress it whenever Bond is mentioned.
    Nice to hear him being interviewed without the inevitable Bond questions to be honest and nice to hear him talk about his early life a bit.
    Taken from his Facebook account.

UKDY4KS.jpg