The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• edited August 2018 Posts: 11,189
    The first one is quite naff but it’s fun laughing at Brosnan’s singing

The second is definitely a lot better.
    I listen to ABBA occasionally (a guilty pleasure), but I don't think I could sit through one of these films, even with Brosnan in it! :))
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 11,189
    I’ve always enjoyed ABBA since listening to them in my mum’s car as a child.

Now I think I consider them to be my favourite band. Corny music videos but the songs themselves hold up very well.

I may even like them more than The Beatles.
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    I’ve always enjoyed ABBA since listening to them in my mum’s car as a child.

Now I think I consider them to be my favourite band. Corny music videos but the songs themselves hold up very well.

I may even like them more than The Beatles.

Now that's a controversial opinion for many!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Torgeirtrap, if you want controversial: I genuinely don't care for The Beatles. I'm not contesting their importance in the history of music or the grand impact they had on the scene at the time, nor am I saying their music is "bad" by any standard, but it's just not for me. I actually seem to prefer the solo works of the band members versus their collective tunes.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @Torgeirtrap, if you want controversial: I genuinely don't care for The Beatles. I'm not contesting their importance in the history of music or the grand impact they had on the scene at the time, nor am I saying their music is "bad" by any standard, but it's just not for me. I actually seem to prefer the solo works of the band members versus their collective tunes.

I completely agree with you here! Never been much of a Beatles fan myself, but I can enjoy selected songs and albums. A discussion for a different thread, though!
    Where are my ear muffs?
    Not a music fan at all,i don't listen to any of it.

Mind you,i do like 'Immigrant Song' by Led Zeppelin,thanks to the magnificent Thor Ragnarok !
    They definitely don't have the same type of humour as Brosnan's films, some of which I found rather painful. Not enough to make a pain face but still.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I got round to seeing Mamma Mia 2 at the weekend and really enjoyed it (as did my friend, who was a bit doubtful beforehand). It helped that you could take alcohol into the screening. The actor playing the younger version of Pierce's character did a good job, I thought, and it was fun to watch them together at the end.

I also thought Gerard Monaco (Alexio) had a slightly Bond-y look about him and wouldn't mind seeing him try out for the role. Just me?
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 1,661
    Final Score has just come out on streaming and in some theaters. It's described as Die Hard in a football stadium. No sign of Bruce Willis, though. ;) Brossy has a strange European accent!

final-score-4.jpg
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    He's meant to be Russian. ;)
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 19,339
    He isn't in the film much so you have to be patient until he enters the fray,but for me,on the whole,leave your brain at the door and grab some ciders and nibbles,its a great ride,i enjoyed it.

It doesn't take itself too seriously and there are some great fights in it.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 1,661
    An action film set in a football stadium - seems such an obvious idea! I wonder if it's been done before?

There have been films such as The Manchurian Candidate where there's a big crowd at a conference centre or something similar and the hero has to stop the killer/assassin.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Given this is an appreciation thread, I'm not going to say anything here about this film, except to confirm that Brosnan has a very minor part.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 5,185
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    An action film set in a football stadium - seems such an obvious idea! I wonder if it's been done before?

Van Damme made that movie already, in 1997 i believe, called Sudden Death.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    00Agent wrote: »
    fanbond123 wrote: »

Van Damme made that movie already, 1997 i believe, called Sudden Death.
    It was far better too, imho.
    Seems like a decent fella. My 4th favourite Bond behind Craig, Connery and Dalton.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    42838549_1910298232390514_8027948768542326784_n.png?_nc_cat=101&oh=c77ce1df46daeedce53dbb136f218e85&oe=5C23B399
    Bloody hell! Finally a Brosnan project I can get really excited about. Not since The Tailor of Panama. Bravo.
    That doesnt look like the British army to me in that shot .
    It’s not legitimate, @Creasy47. Saw the poster back in April from a site that’s full of sh!t. Usually they make false reports and fake posters.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    edited September 2018 Posts: 2,539
    Accross-the-River-and-into-the-Trees-movie-poster.jpg?ssl=1
    I think @ClarkDevlin is right.
    Decent poster, if anything!
    Shame...doesnt look fake so i can see why people could get pulled in.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    I believe I'd seen this poster before, but I'd mistakenly assumed it was made to get financing for the film.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 15,423
    I posted the link to that site before. They also made a fake poster for Last Man Out and put some stills from The Matador, claiming it was in production.

This is the site that "announced" it:
    https://teaser-trailer.com/across-the-river-and-into-the-trees-movie-starring-pierce-brosnan/

And here's their infamous Last Man Out "announcement":
    https://teaser-trailer.com/last-man-out-movie/
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Unmistakable evidence that it's rubbish.

I do hope at least the Hemingway film gets going at some point.
    Damn!