The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Unmistakable evidence that it's rubbish.

I do hope at least the Hemingway film gets going at some point.
    Oddly enough they were supposed to shoot sometime back in June earlier this year, and I remember Brosnan being excited about it in March, saying something about heading to Venice right after enjoying a little R&R in Malibu after having completed work on the second season of The Son. I hope the Hemingway film is still in the pipeline. Been two years since its announcement, if not more.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible

Oddly enough they were supposed to shoot sometime back in June earlier this year, and I remember Brosnan being excited about it in March, saying something about heading to Venice right after enjoying a little R&R in Malibu after having completed work on the second season of The Son. I hope the Hemingway film is still in the pipeline. Been two years since its announcement, if not more.

Yes, I remember they had cast Isabella Rossellini and María Valverde. Financing must have fallen through.

Yes, I remember they had cast Isabella Rossellini and María Valverde. Financing must have fallen through.

Damn, damn it all!

Hope it comes together again.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Brosnan was also to film the period piece drama based on the novel called The Wreck of Medusa with Jesse Eisenberg and Vanessa Redgrave. I wonder when that one will materialize.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Will The Moon and the Sun, now known as The King’s Daughter, ever see the light of day.
    Samuel001 wrote: »
    Will The Moon and the Sun, now known as The King’s Daughter, ever see the light of day.
    That is the question!

:))
    I would've thought by this point some distributor would've already decided some money could be made with the film, even if not deemed good enough for a theatrical release. I mean, that's what VOD is for. But it's been way, way too long since the film was completed. Maybe it's just very, very, very, very, very bad, too bad for distribution? In all fairness, I kind of doubt it. It can't be worse than the latest Emmett-Furla-Oasis film featuring a cameo from Bruce Willis. Or maybe the producers clung to it for some reason. The director, Sean McNamara, is also a producer. Maybe it's a passion project and the producers have certain expectations for it. Or maybe after Paramount dropped it, they haven't been able to come to an agreement on how to proceed. Bad producers.

I'm actually quite curious about this. It's an unusual situation. I wish there was an interview that shed some light on it. Up until now I wasn't even particularly interested in the film (though I might've watched it for Brosnan, the locations, and to some extent, William Hurt), but now I read it's a based on a Nebula winning novel with an interesting premise that's up my alley. It could, if handled correctly, make for a good fantasy film, and not something cookie-cutter. Though to tell you the truth, the director's CV doesn't give me much hope. I mean, Baby Geniuses sequels... maybe the film really turned out very badly?

(*) Though I must confess I watched the McNamara-directed Casper: A Spirited Beginning some times as a kid, when it was mistakenly rented in my household instead of the Bill Pullman Casper. It was quite cheesy in parts, and I was bothered by that even then. I recall a montage in which Casper and the kid try to cook something on the kitchen and make a mess of things. That scene had plenty of cheese, if you know what I mean. But all things considered, the movie was kind of okay. I also remember Treehouse Hostage was aired on TV. Jim Varney was in it so it was mildly interesting to me (I must revisit those Ernest movies one of these days).

Anyway, maybe I'm a closet McNamara fan?

Nah.

End of my rant about The King's Daughter/Sean McNamara.
    At one point one way or another, it will come out. Same with Olga Kurylenko's film of similar premise.

Shame though that the sequels to The November Man and The Thomas Crown Affair, the planned pictures H-Block and Last Man Out won't happen. At least with Brosnan in the lead.
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 11,425
    I wonder if Brozza woukd ever contemplate an Expendables type franchise. Would it be demeaning if he went down that road?
    I'd love to see Brosnan actually act again. We all know he can do it ie the Matador, the Greatest, Seraphim Falls etc.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Can't help but have a laugh whenever I walk past this factory:

44933932474_622957d302_o.jpg

\m/

The unit/street number underneath, 2/26 = 2 films (GE and TND) - both released here on the 26th.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    He gets his own chocolate bar in the Netherlands:

265307_600.jpg
    LeChiffre wrote: »
    I'd love to see Brosnan actually act again. We all know he can do it ie the Matador, the Greatest, Seraphim Falls etc.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Getafix wrote: »
    LeChiffre wrote: »

He might not be the world's best actor but he's on fire in The Matador and Seraphim Falls.
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 11,425
    I'm only joking. I've always had a soft spot for Brozzer. He seems immensely likeable as a human being and yes he can act when the right director comes along and kicks him up the backside. I remember seeing him in TTOP and thinking - 'damn, he can bloody act after all'. And I liked him in The Ghost Writer as well. Just a shame about his Bond performances. I wouldn't say he was the worst Bond... on this thread at least... but he must surely be a contender.
    Yeah, Pierce have some great acting credits post-Bond, like The Ghost Writer etc. He's also always entertaining to watch (as Bond and in other roles) – something I can't say of our current Bond, unfortunately.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.

Epic
    I wish someone would re-edit The Matador segments with that of Survivor. It has sniper scenes with Brosnan without the mustache. :))
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    I wish someone would re-edit The Matador segments with that of Survivor. It has sniper scenes with Brosnan without the mustache. :))

LOL just imagine it's a flashback and that Brosnan's Bond let himself go.
    Remington wrote: »
    LOL just imagine it's a flashback and that Brosnan's Bond let himself go.
    "Mamma mia! Che é successo? Oddio, tutto distrutto!"

=))
    @mattjoes Here’s a challenge for you. Make a Taffin remix funnier than this.

@ClarkDevlin I might give it a try, but I'm not sure I can ever surpass this awe-inspiring piece of work! =))
    edited December 2018 Posts: 6,716
    @ClarkDevlin :))

(not my work of course)
    Hahaha!

In the words of Judi Dench's M...

"Is the man deranged?"

:))
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

Epic

I would plop down my money to see this.

(not my work of course)

Best laugh I've had all month.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 1,661
    talos7 wrote: »

Epic

I would plop down my money to see this.

Wow - lot of work went into that. Love the Bond theme remix at 1:32!
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited December 2018 Posts: 2,541

(not my work of course)

Oh my lol

(not my work of course)

Oh my lol

Guess it's not that easily fixed. ;)
    Which film is that clip of Brosnan yelling from?