The November Man (2014) - Pierce Brosnan's return to the spy genre

Comments

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited November 2014 Posts: 3,157
    The fact that the movie has been released (or is going to be) in 49 countries but not in Italy is ridicolous. They better not complain if everyone in Italy is illegally downloading it from the internet.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Seriously ... not for Italy? That is crazy. Maybe they could not agree on the release date there yet. The only link I've seen is the one supplied on this thread, and it still does not show Italy. However, IMDb is often enough not correct or incomplete.

I wait until Jan. 17th. Sigh ... but very glad it will get here!
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Spain is waiting, too... :-w

By the way, Spain and Italy, two countries leading illegal downloads... :-\"
  • just watched it thanks to the internet . it's the best film I've seen all year and by a huge margin. will definitely go and see it when it comes out and i'll also buy the DVD .
    Can't wait for the sequel.
    I'll definitely wait for the theater. Glad you enjoyed it, though! Nice to hear. I'm really looking forward to it, to put it mildly.
    Coming to Blu Ray/DVD is US Nov 25th
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Really enjoyed this, although admittedly it did have flaws. Brosnan was on top form, Bracey was decent, and Kurylenko was her usual great self. As for Gustav's jab about it being cheap - I couldn't believe it only cost $17million to produce. It looks like it cost twice that, at the very least.
    I am expecting it to have some flaws. I doubt it is a truly great film. But I am not looking for that. I just want it to be really enjoyable, well told, and one where I leave the theater wanting to see another one with Pierce as this character.

Thanks for your thoughts on it, CraigMooreOHMSS. :)
    No problem. It was an interesting watch as someone who read Granger's novel in the lead up to it. They made some changes - and they weren't necessarily better or worse, just...different. All in all, it's worth your time. :)
    I only have one November man book so far, League of Terror. I enjoyed it a good deal. I expect for the films they will just take certain ideas from the stories and characteristics of Devereaux.
    This movie made 28m so far...they obviously had low expectations for this movie since they already ordered a sequel.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I know what I'll be buying on November 25th on blu-ray, then!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited October 2014 Posts: 16,331
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I know what I'll be buying on November 25th on blu-ray, then!

Me too. I didn't get a chance to see it in theaters.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    dragonsky wrote: »
    This movie made 28m so far...they obviously had low expectations for this movie since they already ordered a sequel.

I completely understand what your saying but isn't it amazing when something that cost 28 MILLION dollars elicits low expectations.

They had, I think, realistic expectations and it was a modestly budgeted film. So all around, it's done fine.
    Wasn't the film made on a budget of 9 million dollars?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Murdock wrote: »
    I read 13, but either way it's a Dr. No budget.
    edited October 2014 Posts: 16,331
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    I read 13, but either way it's a Dr. No budget.
    And it's already made it's money back and has been an adequate success. Power to Pierce and his crew. :)>-
    I will buy it on dvd as well so profits for the movie could be higher when the homemovie market steps in.
    I think Pierce Brosnan pulls off wearing a leather jacket more successfully than Roger did.

Glad the film is doing well. Hopefully they up the ante with the sequel and pick one of the more streamlined novels.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I too hope Pierce gets a sequel. I'm also hoping for a sequel to Jack Reacher, which I also enjoyed. We need more tough guy series. Liam seemed to have a monopoly on it but the competition's heating up.
    That video mashup really whetted my apatite. I regret missing it at the cinema. I can't wait to buy it on Blu ray.
    edited November 2014 Posts: 12,459
    It is not supposed to compare to a big budget Bond film. Glad you at least liked Pierce. :) It has a good character from a series of books; the main protagonist played by Pierce. It is not the same kind of film, GG. I am hoping for at least one more in this, really great if at least 3 films.

I adored Argo, all of it (script, writing, direction, production) and I thought the production and acting quality of TTSS was quite good, but I found the film mostly boring.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,446
    A page with more about the books http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/g/bill-granger/
    We know that the movie is based on ''There Are No Spies'' and that's the 7th novel.

Finaly a new update of Boxoffice worldwide is now more then 7,5 million and with 25 million in VS that made the movie now delieverd on the moment more then 32,5 million. 2 days a go the movie be released in UK.

Also in the meantime Dutch release of DVD and BD release is confirmd for 16 January 2015.

9200000033281044.jpg
    Thanks! I think it is not strictly from that one story, though.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Glad the film is doing well. Hopefully they up the ante with the sequel and pick one of the more streamlined novels.

The Shattered Eye was my favourite one, thus I hope they will pick that one.
    edited November 2014 Posts: 17,691
    Okay, THIS IS A WARNING to spoiler tag plot discussion...
    [-X
    edited November 2014 Posts: 17,691
    OMG, Olga played basically the same character from QOS, just a little less feisty! :-O
    Cool.