007 Legends Announced

Comments

• Since they failed to bring back anyone for GE reloaded, I doubt Davi will be in the game.
    Since they failed to bring back anyone for GE reloaded, I doubt Davi will be in the game.

You're right, and what a poor decision, especially when you consider the ease with which they could have done this. I understand the trouble with Bond movies from Dr. No through about The Spy Who Loved Me or so, but GoldenEye was made in 1995, and most if not all of the actors are still living to this day.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    If it's even License to Kill at all, IMDB is not a very reliable source of information. There's even a page for the Angry Video Game Nerd's movie and it's not even an officially produced movie.
  • @00Beast Exactly. And some of the characters, like Onnatop, had even given likenesses to past Bond games, and they still didn't use them.
    Murdock wrote:
    If it's even License to Kill at all, IMDB is not a very reliable source of information. There's even a page for the Angry Video Game Nerd's movie and it's not even an officially produced movie.

I'm certainly not going to put all my marbles on IMDB, no way! It's just a semi-likely possibility, maybe. Hahaha, nothing definite for sure!
    @00Beast Exactly. And some of the characters, like Onnatop, had even given likenesses to past Bond games, and they still didn't use them.

That was incredibly dumb the way they fixed the appearances of Trevelyan, Ourumov, Onatopp, Zukovsky, and especially Dimitri Mishkin, who looks like a loser instead of the chilling man in charge of Russian interrogations from 1995.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Yeah the Generic unknowns really killed it for me in GoldenEye, but I gotta say. Alec did remind me of the Late Heath Ledger.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Okay, doesn't everybody understand that GoldenEye 007/GoldenEye 007 Reloaded was a remake? If you're gonna cast a remake with the same cast, why not just release the original again? And as far as casting people from the old movies, wasn't Michael Lonsdale confirmed to reprise the role of Drax? See, there's the possibility that some people will return.
  • Okay, doesn't everybody understand that GoldenEye 007/GoldenEye 007 Reloaded was a remake? If you're gonna cast a remake with the same cast, why not just release the original again?

That's what I expect a game remake like this to be. Same game, updated graphics, so we can play the old GE on new consoles. Halo got it right.
  • oo7oo7
    excellent so two actor have uploaded there cv and flushed out goldfinger and lisence to kill. so wats the brosnan film?
    oo7 wrote:
    excellent so two actor have uploaded there cv and flushed out goldfinger and lisence to kill. so wats the brosnan film?

The IMDB cast list thing is not 100% positive by any means, because as long as you're a member on there I believe you can edit the page, so I wouldn't trust that rumor just yet! Still though, if these two are going to be included, then you're right, that only leaves Brosnan's movie to be revealed. I seriously hope it is either Tomorrow Never Dies or Die Another Day!
  • oo7oo7
    i think its evident these guys are updating there personal credits, so they have just coincidently let the cat out of the bag. one of them has even done voice work for goldeneye reloaded. likelyhood of it being false on daltons film is 50 50, shame we wont get to snipe the cello.
    goldfinger might start with alot of stealthing. i guess Gert Fröbe is out though, a re-imagining like Blofeld?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Okay, doesn't everybody understand that GoldenEye 007/GoldenEye 007 Reloaded was a remake? If you're gonna cast a remake with the same cast, why not just release the original again?

That's what I expect a game remake like this to be. Same game, updated graphics, so we can play the old GE on new consoles. Halo got it right.

That then isn't a remake, it's a port. Halo Anniversary also added things, it wasn't just an upgrade.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Okay, doesn't everybody understand that GoldenEye 007/GoldenEye 007 Reloaded was a remake? If you're gonna cast a remake with the same cast, why not just release the original again?

That then isn't a remake, it's a port. Halo Anniversary also added things, it wasn't just an upgrade.

Halo added things, but the campaign was basically the same, you could even switch back to the old graphics. Some added things would be good, like extra weapons and stuff, but I'd like the overall gameplay and level design to be the same as the original instead of a cheap Call Of Duty knock off.
  • oo7oo7
    I think goldneye wii and reloaded was a remake of the FILM as a game although it too strives to reference the n64 game. goldeneye 64 gets too much heat its far from the best bond game.
    i wish some more interesting swtuff wuld get detailed about legends so we could get inot it more
  • It probably is more of a remake of the film, but if the n64 game hadn't been so popular then they wouldn't have remade the film. It's like GE Rogue Agent, it's just using the GE name to make money, people went in wanting something close to the n64 game and didn't get it.
    If anybody watched trailers, they knew exactly what they were getting.
  • oo7oo7
    If anybody watched trailers, they knew exactly what they were getting.

activision. video game rapists
    It's only rape if no one but the rapist enjoys it.
  • oo7oo7
    aw i dont know agent. part of me wants to play this game but at the same time i feel like this is a hash. a reuse of the most inferior engine activisions used to date for the bond games. a lack of creativity. in fairness I know there's a hitman hd collection hit man 5 and a doom hd collection so i don't know if ill rush into this. aliens colonial marines looks like a meaty exploration of a property
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    oo7 wrote:
    aw i dont know agent. part of me wants to play this game but at the same time i feel like this is a hash. a reuse of the most inferior engine activisions used to date for the bond games. a lack of creativity. in fairness I know there's a hitman hd collection hit man 5 and a doom hd collection so i don't know if ill rush into this. aliens colonial marines looks like a meaty exploration of a property

I agree with a majority of this. A part of me really wants to give the game a shot, but how it's looking thus far, on top of how horrendous 'GE: Reloaded' was, I don't think I can shell out the money for it. Maybe half a year after its release, when it's much cheaper and lots of reviews and opinions are out on it, then I may give it a shot.
    Well, @oo7, I'm not just talking about you. GoldenEye 007 had some pretty major critical and commercial success. Clearly, people liked the game. I enjoyed both the Wii version, and the Reloaded update (though I prefer the Wii version, only slightly), as I knew exactly what I was getting: Call of Duty GoldenEye. I expected no more and no less.

Also, anybody wanting Reloaded, cheap: Used on Amazon. I snagged mine for $20, while Gamestop's still selling it for $40.

• oo7oo7
    edited August 2012 Posts: 1,068
    Well, @oo7, I'm not just talking about you. GoldenEye 007 had some pretty major critical and commercial success. Clearly, people liked the game. I enjoyed both the Wii version, and the Reloaded update (though I prefer the Wii version, only slightly), as I knew exactly what I was getting: Call of Duty GoldenEye. I expected no more and no less.

Also, anybody wanting Reloaded, cheap: Used on Amazon. I snagged mine for $20, while Gamestop's still selling it for $40.

I would debate if people were playing it based on the power of the goldeneye name. alot of people i met in there didn't have previous activision bond game history.

one guy explained to me how single player had pissed him off as he could not figure out what to do when he woke up in the helicopter....
    from this i fell more or less that the game sold well much like CoD people bought it due to hype but the game itself was a rail shooter that had been taken off the rails.

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3655/missing-in-action#Item_1
    I wonder if they had of gone with the lesser known guy if the money would be going into development instead of into daniel craigs pocket. i have no real problem with craig in the films but as a game commodity i feel he eats money
    I was talking to a Gamestop employee who told me that the majority of people who bought the game bought it because they played the N64 game or saw the movie. I guess that would qualify as "the power of the GoldenEye name". I have heard people complain about the single player, but a lot of their complaints stop when multiplayer is mentioned.
  • oo7oo7
    aw its tough like at one point. we were getting 2 games this year now its more like one game pretending to be 6. i dont know if each mission winds up being along drawn out game a few days to complete or two days at least then perhaps this could be the greatest value for money ive seen since EoN.
    oo7 wrote:
    aw its tough like at one point. we were getting 2 games this year now its more like one game pretending to be 6. i dont know if each mission winds up being along drawn out game a few days to complete or two days at least then perhaps this could be the greatest value for money ive seen since EoN.

I never believed the whole two games thing anyway. I honestly think Activision learned their lesson with GE and Blood Stone. They'll never do two games at a time again.

I don't see this game being any longer than GoldenEye (which can last a good 7-8 hours, pretty long for a FPS).
  • oo7oo7
    It can be beat within 4 hours
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    oo7 wrote:
    It can be beat within 4 hours

How did you find this out? I sure hope not, because now it leads me to believe the films will get barely any screen time individually.
  • oo7oo7
    No i mean goldeneye reloaded, when i was finishing up the trophys i beat it from start to finish in around 4 hours. sorry for the confusion. but yeah i dfont know if this will be another 4-8 hour job
    You're clearly faster than me. I can't beat GoldenEye in less than 7 hours, and that's when I'm speed-running/shooting everything in sight. When I'm trying to be stealthy (something I'm strangely more capable of doing on the Wii version, and am currently struggling with on Reloaded), it takes me longer.
  • oo7oo7
    once you have all the hardship trophies the only things i had left to do were speed runs and some other small things all were done on the basic hardship level.