007 Legends Announced

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Uh, hey, @oo7... I guess you only quote twice, huh?
  • oo7oo7
    edited July 2012 Posts: 1,068
    Uh, hey, @oo7... I guess you only quote twice, huh?

nice one. just thinking though from that engine standpoint, I don't see a car chase being made prominent nor a underwater. time will tell though. goldfinger ends with a big shootout and a fistfight with odd job so that too might come into play.
    I would think though that there are 6 other bond movies to pull from to give as add on dlc so if it does not show up in the initial package whats to say they wont give it to you down the line?
    @Agent007391 have you got bloodstone for the ps3 yet?
    I would prefer thunderball for the stealth mission of largo's estate but i just don't see it happening
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    oo7 wrote:
    @Agent007391 have you got bloodstone for the ps3 yet?

No, I don't. Sadly, my purchase cart is full up for the next few months, so it'll probably be awhile. I might borrow it from my friend, though.
    Risico007 wrote:
    I would prefer thunderball for the stealth mission of largo's estate but i just don't see it happening

I have always thought that this would work extremely well for a stealth mission. It is set up so well to be made video game material, and I'd love to try fooling Largo's men by making them shoot at each other. That could be tricky and fun at the same time.
    Guys, just put your minds off DAD. DAD will never ever be a video game.
  • oo7oo7
    edited July 2012 Posts: 1,068
    JamesBond wrote:

I dont really care for it to be made as a game, would rather tnd or twine got made
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    JamesBond wrote:

Why wouldn't it ever be a video game?
  • oo7oo7
    I put the dvd in earlier and i tried to play it but found the controls to be unresponsive
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Creasy47 wrote:
    JamesBond wrote:

Maybe he thinks it could suck.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    JamesBond wrote:

Maybe he thinks it could suck.

As long as it's being published by Activision, it would be. Every Bond movie would suck.
    @X3MSonicX, I was under the impression he was speaking about a random copyright issue or something. I don't see why it would be a bad idea.

Now granted, the game has the word 'Legends' in the title, and this is far from being Brosnan's legendary Bond film, but why not go with it? It has yet to be put into a video game form on major consoles, and it has quite a few action sequences that would be very fun to play out.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @X3MSonicX, I was under the impression he was speaking about a random copyright issue or something. I don't see why it would be a bad idea.

Now granted, the game has the word 'Legends' in the title, and this is far from being Brosnan's legendary Bond film, but why not go with it? It has yet to be put into a video game form on major consoles, and it has quite a few action sequences that would be very fun to play out.

Just like the Wind-surfing scene.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote:
    the game has the word 'Legends' in the title, and this is far from being Brosnan's legendary Bond film.

I'd say the opposite. Die Another Day is Brosnan's legendary Bond film.

Seriously, though it would make a good game and I can see it being used.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    the game has the word 'Legends' in the title, and this is far from being Brosnan's legendary Bond film.

Indeed. I would prefer them use that, and if not, go with TND or TWINE, preferably the former. I just really hope they don't go with GE again.
    Samuel001 wrote:

Why you think that?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Why you think that?

It's Die Another Day. Does anything more need to be said?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Indeed. I would prefer them use that, and if not, go with TND or TWINE, preferably the former. I just really hope they don't go with GE again.

They did GE already.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 1,310
    oo7 wrote:
    JamesBond wrote:

I dont really care for it to be made as a game, would rather tnd or twine got made
    They already did!

TWINE:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_Is_Not_Enough_(video_game)

and

TND (*shudder*):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomorrow_Never_Dies_(video_game)

Which is why...if one of Pierce Brosnan's films is to be in 007 Legends, it might just be DAD...
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    GE is Brosnans legendary Bond film. It's always ranked near the top in best Bond film polls, got good reviews, it's iconic and it bought Bond back.

TWINE on the n64 was pretty good. I only played TND on ps1 a few times at my mates house so can't comment on that.
    @Murdock, are you agreeing with me? It sounds like you're going against what I said, yet that's in agreement. I said I hope they don't go with GE again, and you said they already did GE. I know they did, that's why I hope they don't do it once again.
    edited July 2012 Posts: 16,335
    GE is Brosnans legendary Bond film. It's always ranked near the top in best Bond film polls, got good reviews, it's iconic and it bought Bond back.

TWINE on the n64 was pretty good. I only played TND on ps1 a few times at my mates house so can't comment on that.

Yes but they just made GoldenEye, why would they do it again?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Murdock, are you agreeing with me? It sounds like you're going against what I said, yet that's in agreement. I said I hope they don't go with GE again, and you said they already did GE. I know they did, that's why I hope they don't do it once again.

Oh I misread your post. My mistake.
  • oo7oo7
    SJK91 wrote:
    oo7 wrote:
    JamesBond wrote:

They already did!

TWINE:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_Is_Not_Enough_(video_game)

and

TND (*shudder*):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomorrow_Never_Dies_(video_game)

Which is why...if one of Pierce Brosnan's films is to be in 007 Legends, it might just be DAD...

so what
    @Murdock I wasn't saying they should do it again, believe me, I think they've milked it enough (they made the remake, then they REMADE THE REMAKE?!?!?!?!?!). I was just saying that GE is Brosnans legendary film, not DAD like somebody else was saying.

They should probably pick DAD, although the TND and TWINE games were good but forgettable so they could get away with them.
    @Murdock I wasn't saying they should do it again, believe me, I think they've milked it enough (they made the remake, then they REMADE THE REMAKE?!?!?!?!?!). I was just saying that GE is Brosnans legendary film, not DAD like somebody else was saying.

They should probably pick DAD, although the TND and TWINE games were good but forgettable so they could get away with them.

Ah I see. Yeah DAD needs to be made, if not TND. TWINE was perfect.
    edited July 2012 Posts: 2,635
    TND could be a great game if was FPS. third person on that game has sucked imo.
  • RC7RC7
    Let's be honest, if done well, any Bond film could be a great game. I imagine in the case of 007 Legends we're looking at damage limitation.

RC7 wrote:
    Let's be honest, if done well, any Bond film could be a great game.

Well, that depends on your definition of "done well". I personally thought GoldenEye 007/Reloaded was "done well" and a "great game", but I chose to look at it as separate from both the film and the N64 game, therefore I felt it was great on its own merits, as opposed to comparing it to the two previous incarnations.

And, sorry, Goldfinger could never be a great game. It couldn't even be a good game. Some people may want to spend the majority of a game captured by the bad guy, doing jack sh*t, but I don't.
    @Agent007391: Precisely, Goldfinger would only be good for two scenes: the Aston Martin DB5 car chase around Auric Enterprises and the Fort Knox battle at the ending. Not much of a game there!
    00Beast wrote:
    @Agent007391: Precisely, Goldfinger would only be good for two scenes: the Aston Martin DB5 car chase around Auric Enterprises and the Fort Knox battle at the ending. Not much of a game there!

I'm not even sure I'd give it the Aston Martin chase unless that's heavily reworked. The scene in the film isn't exactly that good. The Fort Knox battle, yes, that might actually be fun. I wouldn't object to that being put in the game as future DLC, maybe as a sort of "Here are Bond's greatest end battle scenes" type thing.