007 Legends Announced

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Looks like David Arnold is scoring 007 Legends.

http://www.gaming-age.com/2012/07/007-legends-gets-legendary-bond-talent/
    edited July 2012 Posts: 16,334
    Looks like David Arnold is scoring 007 Legends.

http://www.gaming-age.com/2012/07/007-legends-gets-legendary-bond-talent/

(I have no idea how it posted this comment twice!) O_o
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    After reading that article you posted, @Murdock, and looking at the poster for the film, is SF supposed to be in all caps? It looks odd to me.
    @Creasy47 I think it depends on who writes the article. I've seen several articles where it's Skyfall, SkyFall and SKYFALL.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Murdock wrote:
    @Creasy47 I think it depends on who writes the article. I've seen several articles where it's Skyfall, SkyFall and SKYFALL.

That makes sense. I've never been crazy about films with all caps, or those with numbers within the title, like the constantly, incorrectly typed 'Se7en.'
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Maybe Skyfall because they think the title is better written. SkyFall, because they might guess it's two words in one. and SKYFALL, to make it call more attention.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I wouldn't object to that being put in the game as future DLC, maybe as a sort of "Here are Bond's greatest end battle scenes" type thing.

Isnt that basically what this game is anyway?

At the moment we've got the MR final battle and the final raid on Piz Glora with helicopters. As the game is built on the COD engine then final battles are what its geared up for so I expect more of them. Theres not much room for stealth a la GE N64 or much else except firefights.

So my current favourites for the others would be:
    Sean - YOLT volcano battle or GF Fort Knox. Outside bet of DNs reactor room as its the 50th (but would be reimagined into a large scale gunbattle).

Tim - TLD airbase battle.

Pierce - as all the others have been done already I'm leaning towards DAD and as the ice palace is a bit too similar to OHMSS maybe a battle on the Antonov. If they decide that everyone has forgotten TND the game then maybe the stealth ship. Even Activision wouldnt have the brass neck to rehash GE again.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I wouldn't object to that being put in the game as future DLC, maybe as a sort of "Here are Bond's greatest end battle scenes" type thing.

Isn't that basically what this game is anyway?

Well, the game is the movies themselves (if the whole "every film will have a driving mission" statement from Activision is accurate), what I'm talking about is just a collection of final battles, not entire films.

Well, the game is the movies themselves (if the whole "every film will have a driving mission" statement from Activision is accurate), what I'm talking about is just a collection of final battles, not entire films.

Moonraker doesn't have a driving sequence, so how is that going to work out? The only thing vehicle-wise that it has are the Bondola in Venice and the gadget boat in Rio de Janiero. I can see where On Her Majesty's Secret Service will get it, with the stock car race in Tracy's Mustang obviously, but MR doesn't feature a car chase at any point, at least not that I remember.
  • oo7oo7
    00Beast wrote:

Moonraker doesn't have a driving sequence, so how is that going to work out? The only thing vehicle-wise that it has are the Bondola in Venice and the gadget boat in Rio de Janiero. I can see where On Her Majesty's Secret Service will get it, with the stock car race in Tracy's Mustang obviously, but MR doesn't feature a car chase at any point, at least not that I remember.
    shuttle laser stuff prob, as this will no doubt be ps motion controlled
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    oo7 wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

shuttle laser stuff prob, as this will no doubt be ps motion controlled

And those who buy the game on the 360 will just be sh*t out of luck because they'll need the Kinect? Even Activision isn't THAT cruel.
  • oo7oo7
    I dont know agent, i just recall ge reloaded could be played with he motion control, but i imagine a remote controlled laser section could be used with that..
    oo7 wrote:
    I dont know agent, i just recall ge reloaded could be played with he motion control, but i imagine a remote controlled laser section could be used with that..

I figure GE Reloaded had motion control simply because the Move is a WiiMote ripoff. The 360 version had no type of motion control.
  • oo7oo7
    yeah well bond is being co financed by sony so go figure. anyways where is this definite driving news come from?
    With David Arnold and Kevin Kiner doing the soundtrack It will probably be yet another Techno driven disappointment. :(
  • oo7oo7
    Murdock wrote:
    With David Arnold and Kevin Kiner doing the soundtrack It will probably be yet another Techno driven disappointment. :(

electronic re envisioning of the original themes? like Arnold shaken not stirred. to be honest arnold being forced to reuse some of the john barry stuff is a plus i found some of this lastest work to be whimsy and lacking in some core bond themes. I dont know now i typed that I wonder if im correct. eric serra should get another go
    oo7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

electronic re envisioning of the original themes? like Arnold shaken not stirred. to be honest arnold being forced to reuse some of the john barry stuff is a plus i found some of this lastest work to be whimsy and lacking in some core bond themes. I dont know now i typed that I wonder if im correct. eric serra should get another go

Well I'm sure the themes of the films will probably be redone but I'm referring to the background music. which in GoldenEye Wii/Reloaded was so unmemorable I can't remember any special melody from any song used. So probably no remakes of Flight into Space, Space Lazer Battle, Raid on Piz Glora....ect...ect...

And I think Eric Serra should come back, I loved the GoldenEye film soundtrack! :D
    Murdock wrote:
    oo7 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Well I'm sure the themes of the films will probably be redone but I'm referring to the background music. which in GoldenEye Wii/Reloaded was so unmemorable I can't remember any special melody from any song used. So probably no remakes of Flight into Space, Space Lazer Battle, Raid on Piz Glora....ect...ect...

And I think Eric Serra should come back, I loved the GoldenEye film soundtrack! :D

Yes, Serra should make a reappearance in the Bond franchise! His GoldenEye soundtrack is a beautiful masterpiece. Also, if Legends is looking for a decent composer, I'd sign up whoever the guy is who made the Nightfire soundtrack. In 007 video games, NF beats all in the music department (and everything else too).
    @00Beast Yes Jeff Tymoschuk did a great job with Nightfire. He did even better with Sean Callery scoring Everything or Nothing. Which EoN's soundtrack always reminds me of GoldenEye's soundtrack for some reason. :D
    Murdock wrote:
    @00Beast Yes Jeff Tymoschuk did a great job with Nightfire. He did even better with Sean Callery scoring Everything or Nothing. Which EoN's soundtrack always reminds me of GoldenEye's soundtrack for some reason. :D

By the way, Murdock, I remember you saying that in order to go along with 007 Legends, you were going to make your profile picture whatever the next mission was. Does that mean DAD has been revealed?
    00Beast wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

By the way, Murdock, I remember you saying that in order to go along with 007 Legends, you were going to make your profile picture whatever the next mission was. Does that mean DAD has been revealed?

No, I just wanted a new profile picture. haha, sorry.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Looking forward to 007 Legends. I'm just hoping there's a bonus level which consists of a tiny island in a pond and four crocodiles. Here's a walkthrough; R X R X R X R X :-)
    oo7 wrote:
    yeah well bond is being co financed by sony so go figure. anyways where is this definite driving news come from?

I can't remember if it was posted in this thread, or another, but it was a news article from Xbox 360 Achievements.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    In the next week or two, I hope we learn what the next film will be. At this current rate, even one a month is pushing it.
    I hope Connery's mission is revealed next! :D
    Murdock wrote:
    I hope Connery's mission is revealed next! :D

me 2 then Brosnan and Dalton rounding it out.

Murdock wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Ah, come on Murdock! You're lettin' me down here! Hahaha, it's all right my man, no harm done. I got excited for a moment there though!
    00Beast wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Ah, come on Murdock! You're lettin' me down here! Hahaha, it's all right my man, no harm done. I got excited for a moment there though!

Haha. At least it wasn't a Bombee Supreese. lol
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    00Beast wrote:

Seems fairly obvious from the trailer that the OHMSS driving section will be a snowmobile. MR could be the Amazon boat chase but maybe a shuttle battle is more likely as all the action we have seen so far takes place in the launch base or the space station.
    One thing got me wondering. In DAD Graves he modeled himself on Bond, so does that mean Graves will be different if DAD is the Brosnan mission remade?