007 Legends Announced

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I want it to be Thunderball. I'd also take Dr. No. I don't want GF or DAF. I'd be indifferent if it were YOLT. They most certainly wouldn't do FRWL, though.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Thunderball, please! Goldfinger is the choice that will be made, if not it's You Only Live Twice. There is no outside the box thinking here.
    It's either Goldfinger or YOLT. Fort Knox or Blofeld's hollowed volcano base.
  • My moneys on Goldfinger. It's so iconic and popular, and there's a long lasting myth it's the best film, so chances are they'll include it.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited August 2012 Posts: 7,854
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Thunderball, please! Goldfinger is the choice that will be made, if not it's You Only Live Twice.

Why is it a boring "ninja" assault in a volcano is more iconic than a fist fight on a high speed yacht? Besides, we're already getting 1) a space scene and 2) the Piz Gloria sequence, we don't need "huge" climaxes in each film, do we?
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,350
    It's the set. A big volcano. Activision must think "Da kidz luv volcanoz !1! lol". Goldfinger's alright but my choice of six, one from each actor, would be:

Thunderball
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    For Your Eyes Only
    The Living Daylights
    GoldenEye
    Skyfall

Each film chosen by Activision will have a big end battle, sadly.

You would have a much more rounded choice with my picks instead and different locations. Ah, well. Beggars can't be choosers, despite the fact we aren't begging. Quite the opposite in fact.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 816
    Damn! I'd really hoped it would be Thunderball! Doing some underwater spy stuff (sneaking around the Disco) then engaging in a full-scale underwater battle with harpoons and stuff: it would have been awesome!
    I just know Activision could have made a great underwater FPS level. They showed a bit of that in COD: Black Ops.

Fort Knox has been a multiplayer map in so many of the games, I really don't look forward to seeing it again. No doubt they'll change the sh*t out of it, but that makes me even less excited. (ruining Ken Adam's great design!)

Talking about Black Ops: I've enjoyed playing it immensly, and mostly because it's so varied. Yes: There is a lot of just gunning down soldiers, but they also make place for great other things: underwater stuff, moving vehicles, interesting settings and locations (the part in the holes of Vietnam, where you go in armed with just a gun and flashlight made for awesome, creepy entertainment)

Also: It felt more like a Bond game some times than some of the official ones that have come out. Especially the ending in the underwater base, and some of the level designs reminded me more of the original GoldenEye 64 than GE:RE did.

So why can't Activision get a little more creative with Bond? Just because they expect in advance that it's going to make less money than a COD game? That's a selfforfilling prophety: if they don't put the effort into making the game the best it can be, then people will less likely buy it!
    Clicking 'Discussion' should get rid of one automatically. That is, if one post has your current post count and the other reads zero.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited August 2012 Posts: 2,044
    They have released a new update, with a bad hint IMO : Another movie hint: the next movie to be revealed in 007 Legends was released between 1962- 2002. Share this post and comment if you think you know what it is!

Seriously, that is just a unneccessary thing to write.
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    Clicking 'Discussion' should get rid of one automatically. That is, if one post has your current post count and the other reads zero.

Yeah, it went wrong, I saw a double post, changed the second to 'double post' but than it updated and was just one (my original text was gone) but I fixed it now!
    MrBond wrote:
    They have released a new update, with a bad hint IMO : Another movie hint: the next movie to be revealed in 007 Legends was released between 1962- 2002. Share this post and comment if you think you know what it is!

Seriously, that is just a unneccessary thing to write.

Why not stop teasing us and reveal the flipping film? It's stupid. We all know what it is anyway!

Plus the sooner it happens, the sooner we'll get more Skyfall news, I'm sure.
    Samuel001 wrote:

Yeah, it went wrong, I saw a double post, changed the second to 'double post' but than it updated and was just one (my original text was gone) but I fixed it now!

I'm most of all, glad to know you were able to save you rather long post. Crisis averted.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    They do so just to get more attention and increase the hype.
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    MrBond wrote:

I'm most of all, glad to know you were able to save you rather long post. Crisis averted.

Yeah, I wasn't able to save it :) When I first wrote it, it was a lot shorter (ommiting all my talk about Black Ops and ranting at Activision), but when I had to re-write it, all that just came with it :D

• Samuel001 wrote:
    GoldenEye

No. It's been done to death, DAD would be a better choice I think. I agree with the rest of your choices though.

It'll probably be YOLT or GF. I think the whole game is more or less going to be big battle sequences.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    GoldenEye

No. It's been done to death, DAD would be a better choice I think. I agree with the rest of your choices though.

It'll probably be YOLT or GF. I think the whole game is more or less going to be big battle sequences.

I wouldn't put it pass Activison through... I mean it dose save them money!

:((
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Volante wrote:
    MrBond wrote:
    From the official 007:Legends page: Want to know what the next movie will be? We can't reveal it just yet, but here's a hint: it's NOT Thunderball! What do you think the next film is going to be?

I guess it's going to be Thunderball either way.

I'm confused, if they say it isn't Thunderball, why do you think it will be? I'm not sure if their misdirection would be that obvious.

I think Sean's will be GF, the most well known, Pierce's DAD because all the others have already been adapted, and for Tim maybe TLD just because there is more action.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Volante wrote:
    MrBond wrote:
    From the official 007:Legends page: Want to know what the next movie will be? We can't reveal it just yet, but here's a hint: it's NOT Thunderball! What do you think the next film is going to be?

I guess it's going to be Thunderball either way.

I'm confused, if they say it isn't Thunderball, why do you think it will be? I'm not sure if their misdirection would be that obvious.

Because it is strange that they go out and say something like that. I mean, one more post on their Facebook page = more likes...

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Samuel001 wrote:
    It's the set. A big volcano. Activision must think "Da kidz luv volcanoz !1! lol". Goldfinger's alright but my choice of six, one from each actor, would be:

Thunderball
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    For Your Eyes Only
    The Living Daylights
    GoldenEye
    Skyfall

Each film chosen by Activision will have a big end battle, sadly.

You would have a much more rounded choice with my picks instead and different locations. Ah, well. Beggars can't be choosers, despite the fact we aren't begging. Quite the opposite in fact.

Exactly. GF or YOLT = big set and battle which is the best way to utilise their COD engine. They just havent got the game engine or creativity/inclination to do stealth on the Orient Express or a tension filled climbing sequence to the monastery for a fight with Kristatos. Its just going to be big bangs so that means as many Lewis Gilbert films as they can get away with.
    I think Sean's will be GF, the most well known, Pierce's DAD because all the others have already been adapted, and for Tim maybe TLD just because there is more action.

But, if they were going with better known films, why pick Moonraker? I've met dozens of Bond fans here who either can't stand it, or haven't seen it. I agree with DAD, although I'd rather see Activision's spin on TND. I want TLD for Dalton.
  • Their new hint was given via Facebook: The title to be revealed will not include Blofeld.

So, count out YOLT, TB, DAF... Oh wait: that just leaves us DN and GF for the Connery films!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I hope it's Dr. No. As we saw from GoldenEye Rogue agent, you can have an epic battle at Crab Key.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    yes, better to be LTK really.
    It's going to be The Living Daylights. The gun fight at the airbase? Yeah, that's asking to be an FPS.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It's going to be The Living Daylights. The gun fight at the airbase? Yeah, that's asking to be an FPS.

And it's appropriate for Call of Duty.....Errrr I mean 007 Legends. :p

• Hang on. I've just thought of something. Do EON now have the rights to Blofeld? I thought that was all tied up with McClory. So if he's in the games... He could very well make a film comeback.
  • oo7oo7
    edited August 2012 Posts: 1,068
    http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-7477-North-American-Pre-Order-Bonuses-Detailed-for-007-Legends.html
    Activision has revealed the pre-order bonuses for 007 Legends in North America.

Amazon is offering up the Nemesis Pack, containing Moonraker’s Jaws and Live and Let Die’s Baron Samedi as playable characters.

Meanwhile, pre-order the game from Gamestop and you’ll get the 007 Pack, containing an exclusive outfit, Bond’s trademark Walter PPK handgun and Fast Switch weapon swap speed upgrade in multiplayer.

007 Legends is out on October 16th launch in North America and the 19th in Europe.

DamnCoffee said:
    Hang on. I've just thought of something. Do EON now have the rights to Blofeld? I thought that was all tied up with McClory. So if he's in the games... He could very well make a film comeback.

because for one thing is it just me or has every bond game activisions released been reported as a financial flop(hence the attempt to match uncharted with bloodstone ripping out the engine half way through for a restart). now we are on a wii engine.
    mcclory's bark decreased when he died. that is to say danjac might seek to make a film with him but it would be easier to have a game made with him or a comic an d then see what repercussions come into play. if there's a failure to act then they have a plausible case that mcclorys family do no wish to take the thing seriously activision has been dancing round him for perhaps each game now, first two suggesting he could be the figurehead or indeed someone like him, him being in golden eye as a multilayer character. though they out rightly said it was not thunder ball they were making.
  • oo7oo7
    edited August 2012 Posts: 1,068
    double o double post, sorry
    DamnCoffee wrote:
    Hang on. I've just thought of something. Do EON now have the rights to Blofeld? I thought that was all tied up with McClory. So if he's in the games... He could very well make a film comeback.

Up there with 'who owns the pre-2008 continuation novel film rights' and 'Who owns the young bond novel rights' no one really knows....
    EON own the Young Bond novel rights and as far as we know they have the rights to Blofeld secured from the 1999 court case with McClory.

Now we need to know what the next missions are...