007 Legends Announced

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    I really miss EA, at least they remade a Bond classic with the Bond from that film.

A Good Classic, btw. FRWL was good, imo.

I'll start to spam Activision's email saying,

'I DON'T WANT A DAMN 007 LEGENDS!!! I WANT A NIGHTFIRE REMAKE!!!'

I liked FRWL too, but I don't want Craptivsion to remake Nightfire, if anything it would look just like the Moonraker Portion of 007 Legends.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Murdock wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    I really miss EA, at least they remade a Bond classic with the Bond from that film.

A Good Classic, btw. FRWL was good, imo.

I'll start to spam Activision's email saying,

'I DON'T WANT A DAMN 007 LEGENDS!!! I WANT A NIGHTFIRE REMAKE!!!'

I liked FRWL too, but I don't want Craptivsion to remake Nightfire, if anything it would look just like the Moonraker Portion of 007 Legends.

Thinking better, you're right. If Craptivision make a game that sucks just like Legends will do, better don't want any Nightfire.
    basically the 007 Games that they have made up to this point, minus Blood Stone have been fancy COD clones. at least EA kept the GoldenEye 64 formula in it's games. TWINE, Agent Under Fire, Nightfire and to some extent Rogue Agent have kept the same style as GoldenEye 64.
  • oo7oo7
    edited May 2012 Posts: 1,068
    the ea games were nothing like goldneye n64
    oo7 wrote:

But they where infinitely better then Craptavision
  • oo7oo7
    thats a matter of opinion. activision has been concistant with there use of D craig(im not even sure why if the deal he had made with eon covered the use of him in ea games then how did he wind up doing activision games?) brought us 3 different multiplayers with online content, i have no time to sit around looking at 4 screens like in those older non net connected consoles. although im not completely pleased with the through of this game i do want to see more before i bash it.
    i do think though that activision seem to have throught that eurocom and goldneye engine is the way forward i predict though that this will be a bond flop unless crowd of people ive noticed who just seem to play goldeneye but not the other bond games decide they need more i guess this might be another QoS
    I really think this was dlc for goldeneye which got turned into a full game to tie into skyfall. I remember the older tie in games were years appart from the film on the n64 or year at least then EA just published there own stuff.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    oo7 wrote:
    thats a matter of opinion. activision has been concistant with there use of D craig(im not even sure why if the deal he had made with eon covered the use of him in ea games then how did he wind up doing activision games?) brought us 3 different multiplayers with online content, i have no time to sit around looking at 4 screens like in those older non net connected consoles. although im not completely pleased with the through of this game i do want to see more before i bash it.
    i do think though that activision seem to have throught that eurocom and goldneye engine is the way forward i predict though that this will be a bond flop unless crowd of people ive noticed who just seem to play goldeneye but not the other bond games decide they need more i guess this might be another QoS
    I really think this was dlc for goldeneye which got turned into a full game to tie into skyfall. I remember the older tie in games were years appart from the film on the n64 or year at least then EA just published there own stuff.

See, I had alot more fun killing my mates on Nightfire than I had playing against strangers online on the QOS game.
  • oo7oo7
    @livingroyale
    I remember going for platinum medals on EoN but when it came down to raw competition i enjoyed the idea of having to just beat down no names. i recall falling into a few lobbys on bloodstone where people would be saying crap like " we are boosting please leave"
    there is no boosting in bond though you do it the hard way or not at all.
    goldeneye reloaded has got to be the worst of the activision multiplayers to date though. i dont get why the sprint mode is so poor and lag kills are worse than bloodstone. like i said though they might have spent 2 years working on thisi dont know. i now actually think im looking for next years bond outting rather than this years.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I honestly don't understand all the NF craze. IMO, it was a mediocre, generic shooter at best. Not to say that I didn't like playing it, but it did come out a few years too late I think to be truly impressive.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    I honestly don't understand all the NF craze. IMO, it was a mediocre, generic shooter at best. Not to say that I didn't like playing it, but it did come out a few years too late I think to be truly impressive.

I liked the action, the driving, the gadgets, the locations, the girls, the villians and the multiplayer. I liked it even better than the original GE, mainly because I prefer it when Bond games aren't based on films (nothing really wrong with them, but if it's a new story then I feel like I'm in a new Bond adventure, not one that I've seen at the cinema or on DVD).
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 127
    Dear god I hope they corrected the sprint and lag for Legends online. Not to mention the extremely slow pace at which you run in general....which I thought was too slow on Reloaded. I really enjoyed the faster pace on the Wii verion of Goldeneye. Reloaded without using Fast Forward is lame as heck. When you do have Fast Forward equipted then you run the risk of either getting blown up by a proxie or blasted with a rocket because FF, RA, MS are all in the same gadget spot. Man did that piss me off.
    oo7 wrote:

Nightfire was the closest thing to GoldenEye 64. IMO.

Murdock wrote:
    oo7 wrote:

Nightfire was the closest thing to GoldenEye 64. IMO.

Rogue Agent multiplayer reminded me a lot of Goldeneye 64....made by EA

• gt007gt007 Station G
    edited May 2012 Posts: 1,182
    Wow, huge news! This is from the official Facebook page of 007 Legends:

MI6 meets Get in the Game: James Page, co-founder of the MI6 website, will also be on the judging panel for Get in the Game and helping us narrow down our finalists!

551663_390284287675840_453393779_n.jpg

That's awesome! Congratulations, @JamesPage! :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    NO WAY! THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOO COOL! It'll be good to see MGW at another panel. :D
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,350
    It'll be good to see MGW at another panel. :D

:))

Wonderful. I'm so pleased for Mr. Page! I'm sure he'll help pick a worthy winner and not let us down.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Here's a 'new' video and screenshots released by Activision today. I say that because the video is the same one tacked on to the end of the 'Super' SF trailer, but I guess it's special because it's its own separate video now? I'm not sure. Check the link if you're interested.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11808-007-Legends-Moonraker-Level-Revealed-in-New-Shots-and-Video.html
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Please tell me they are Wii graphics. Ugghh...

And here's a comment from below the video and pictures, showcasing how stupid people can be,

[and I quote] "now if only Bond was actually drinking a vodka martini in Skyfall instead of a Heineken, everything would be a-ok." [un-quote]

:-w Are some people seriously that thick in the head?!
    Please tell me they are Wii graphics. Ugghh...

And here's a comment from below the video and pictures, showcasing how stupid people can be,

[and I quote] "now if only Bond was actually drinking a vodka martini in Skyfall instead of a Heineken, everything would be a-ok." [un-quote]

:-w Are some people seriously that thick in the head?!

People will bash anything just to bash it. When SF is released and blows everyone away, martini or not, people will shut up (hopefully)

On to the game...I remain optimistic but I can't ignore those graphics. And today it was announced that Eurocom has been working on a Harry Potter Kinect game at the same time as this...it makes you think if they're spread too thin. Again, I'm on the "wait and see" method for this game. No pre ordering for me just yet
    Yes @bondbat007, the game as a whole isn't one you can't wholeheartedly push out in a year. I hope some work has been done on this game for more than a year already, because it feels rushed, and looks it too.
  • oo7oo7
    I already said it, this is NO DOUBT a set of goldeneye DLCs that have been fully produced into a game to cover for the lack of support activision recieve during the film production. if you recall on QoS they devoted a whole 4 levels to Qos and the rst to CR.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Wow, congrats to James Page!
  • oo7oo7
    "MI6 meets Get in the Game: James Page, co-founder of the MI6 website, will also be on the judging panel for Get in the Game and helping us narrow down our finalists!"

Prehaps he could narrow it down to Dalton in TLD or Dalton in LTK
  • Hey gang,

On the official site, there are a handful of still that can be revealed if they get enough likes on Facebook. They are here: http://007legends.com/revealer-moonraker-1.html

Also, character shots of Drax and Holly are here: http://007legends.com/media-main/media-internal?id=6#.T8EYX9Wmi5I
    Hey gang,

On the official site, there are a handful of still that can be revealed if they get enough likes on Facebook. They are here: http://007legends.com/revealer-moonraker-1.html

AC 3: Unlock more with 1,776,000 tweets/posts.

007 Legends: Unlock more with 500 likes. :))

Anyway, I think the whole "get so many people to do this internet thing" idea is stupid and pointless. It means they're holding back gameplay/pics for a stupid attempt at publicity.

• Hey gang,

Anyway, I think the whole "get so many people to do this internet thing" idea is stupid and pointless. It means they're holding back gameplay/pics for a stupid attempt at publicity.

Indeed, and it sets them up for embarrassment if they don't get them (which could be the case with 007 Legends).
    Hey gang,

Indeed, and it sets them up for embarrassment if they don't get them (which could be the case with 007 Legends).

I think that's why they chose 500, it's a smaller number so there's more of a chance of it working. But yeah like you said, it still could be the case, which would be embarassing for them.
    It is. I didn't like it because I don't support this kind of thing.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Blame Facebook. If it wasn't for Mark Zuckerberg inventing that waste of time, we'd get game reveals far quicker.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Blame Facebook. If it wasn't for Mark Zuckerberg inventing that waste of time, we'd get game reveals far quicker.

It's why I have absolutely nothing to do with the waste of time that is Facebook. Who cares that Julie posted a picture of her new coffee table, or Rob has a picture of himself at the bar with friends that aren't you, or Brandon is eating a bowl of cereal before he goes to bed? I certainly don't.