007 Legends Announced

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    00Beast wrote:
    Hmm.
    Seems like its all set in the launch base (which doesnt seem to bear much resmblence to Ken Adams designs) and in the space station. So no PTS freefall, no Venice, no cable cars.

I'm hardly slavering with anticipation I have to say.

Maybe it's just showcasing the main battle. There might be more to the story, at least I'm hoping there is!

In a trailer dont you throw in snippets of everything to whet peoples appetite? Bear in mind they are doing 6 different films. To expect more than 3 or 4 levels per film is getting unrealistic I would suggest.
    There seems to be a few negative comments here. I think we need to see the game itself before casting judgement but the trailer has done enough for me to be interested. At the end of the day the most important thing for me will be whether it will be fun to play. I'm not interested in Bond games having to be faithful adaptations of the movies. The movies in the most part weren't faithful adaptations of the books.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 9,770
    I am hoping for more single player levels then we got recently in bond games also I think we may get a trailer a month any thoughts on next months reveal
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    In a trailer dont you throw in snippets of everything to whet peoples appetite?

This is the first reveal trailer, of course there won't be much yet.
    Bear in mind they are doing 6 different films. To expect more than 3 or 4 levels per film is getting unrealistic I would suggest.

And since the sixth film is Skyfall, we won't see much there. Also, there'll likely be at least one film with 5-8 levels, while another film only has 1-2. We're also assuming that the films will be split up into levels (which is the likely conclusion), and ignoring the possibility that the films themselves would be single levels, just incredibly long.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 612
    This game looks like [...] (Not good, at all).

I hate to beat a dead topic, but the graphics are unacceptable. This is nearing the end of the current generations' consoles, and we're seeing beautiful games like Uncharted 3 and Gran Turismo 5. Legends looks like it could be run on a Windows 95 laptop.

Also, what a horrible movie selection. Sure, there are people in this community who like Moonraker (I definitely am not one of them). But the vast majority of casual Bond fans know Moonraker as being one of the worst Bond movies around. Especially with Daniel Craig starring as 007 in the game, Moonraker does not reflect his interpretation of Bond.

Brosnan's era was when Bond games because significant. And rather unfortunately, unlike the movies, the formula has not evolved.

Count me out.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I hope that was the Wii graphics.... because it looks shockingly bad !!
    Yes @DC007! The first thing I thought seeing that trailer for the MR section after "god this is horrid looking" was, "are these Wii graphics"? This is what I mean by a rushed game. If the rest of it looks this sloppy I don't know what to think, but it can't be good. Hopefully Activision utilize their time in cleaning it up, instead of getting engorged in making a stupid multiplayer component, which would just be GE:RE all over again when you think about it.

I hope that was the Wii graphics.... because it looks shockingly bad !!
    Yes @DC007! The first thing I thought seeing that trailer for the MR section after "god this is horrid looking" was, "are these Wii graphics"? This is what I mean by a rushed game. If the rest of it looks this sloppy I don't know what to think, but it can't be good. Hopefully Activision utilize their time in cleaning it up, instead of getting engorged in making a stupid multiplayer component, which would just be GE:RE all over again when you think about it.
    Hey, there are a few gorgeous Wii games out there! ;P But seriously, I can understand the sentiment around here. Still, as long as it can be good from a gameplay standpoint, I think this game will be fine, and there's still some time left before its release, so they may still be able to polish it up.

Only a few more years of Activision having the rights...hopefully. I'm hoping for the best with this game because it really is trying something different. But seriously...give Eurocom some money for polish!!
  • @FromCanadaWithLove Don't make fun of the film. Moonraker is the best damn science fiction film of all time... period! lol Just kidding.
    Okay MR, The most unrealistic film for the realistic Bond... a Activision idea all right!
    Virage wrote:
    Okay MR, The most unrealistic film for the realistic Bond... a Activision idea all right!

Hahaha. Yeah, I really wish that EA Games would take over again. They gave us 007 Nightfire and Everything or Nothing, and considering the graphics of today's games, if they took over a new Bond game, it would look outstanding.
  • oo7oo7
    If EA did pick up the lisence again im sure they could pad out the year or so they would take to develop the new bond game with the classics getting hd release with chievos/trophys.
    So prehaps Respawn studios is actually working on that bond game right nowand all that we need to do is wait until 2015.
    with only two years left on the activision publishing I really dont think we have too much left to look forward to. I suspect the raven software showcase was more tos how off there ability at motion capturing/modelling. rather than an actually video game.
    I think i would like Square Enix to take the title and farm it out to Io software(hitman) Crystal dynamics(tombraider) and whoever did deus ex.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 127
    The graphics were not that of game like BF3....but they aren't much worse than COD. To me the trailer looked well done and showed some things that I wanted to see. Most important thing to me is how smooth the game controls and is it fun to play. Graphics are nice obviously but they don't make or break the game for me. Seems from the trailer that the graphics are on par with Reloaded which is to be expected since same company (eurocom) is working on it. Expecting a new engine would be unrealistic. To be honest I thought Reloaded was a pretty good game other than the online issues. So I can at least expect a pretty fun and solid single player with a good split screen multiplayer. Hopefully they learned a few things from Reloaded's online fails but I'm not holding my breath. Not putting to much trust in online MP. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly suprised.

Did ya'll notice the MJR is back :( Crossing my fingers that POS is not an option for online multiplayer for cowards to use and abuse.
  • oo7oo7
    i garentee even the dart gun comes over to multiplayer. but this is one step up from an onrails shooter. its the same engine as goldeneye which was the dead space extraction with higher textures added on.
    my problem with this is that although you can jump over a number of railings its not possible to scale or jump as say in a game like crysis. now aliens has been pushed to 2013 but there is no way i will be picking this game up on day one. goldeneye was a let down this game is pretty much a ADD ON content rather than a sequel. I bet though they just held them back in favour of making a skyfall tie in along side it.
    in talking about the weapons, i am betting that the double barrelled shotgun from skyfall will make an appearance.
    Im so happy that Moonraker will be in the game. Moonraker is my 2nd favorite Bond movie and my favorite Roger Moore Bond movie
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 9,770
    There seems to be a few negative comments here. I think we need to see the game itself before casting judgement but the trailer has done enough for me to be interested. At the end of the day the most important thing for me will be whether it will be fun to play. I'm not interested in Bond games having to be faithful adaptations of the movies. The movies in the most part weren't faithful adaptations of the books.

Agreed

As a side I'm happy to get moonraker
  • RC7RC7
    At the end of the day the most important thing for me will be whether it will be fun to play. I'm not interested in Bond games having to be faithful adaptations of the movies. The movies in the most part weren't faithful adaptations of the books.

The difference is that a game is an immersive experience. If that immersive experience is based on something specific, in this case a well known film with a whole heap of references (most of them visual) the experience is shattered the moment you remove those points of reference. It's like saying hey wanna play the new F1 legends game only we're going to have the drivers in cars they never participated. There is nothing other than characters and Drax industries branding that hints at Moonraker.

I guess my point is, why? Just make a new Bond game with new scenarios rather than reimagined ones.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    RC7 wrote:
    I guess my point is, why? Just make a new Bond game with new scenarios rather than reimagined ones.

Very salient point and the reason why GE N64 was so great. They tweaked it a bit but all the key reference points from the film were there and the locations and actors were faithful.

Thats what we want for this. The chance to scrap with Oddjob in a digitally rendered Ken Adam Fort Knox or battle our way across the volcano or fight our way through Piz Gloria and then escape on skis.

Trouble is the people making this think they have to try and cater to the mass gaming market by creating a generic shooter that anyone can enjoy. The problem with that approach is that without a movie style budget and development time (neither of which its pretty obvious 007 Legends has) you are not going to make a dent in COD and Battlefields dominance. Far better to create an authentic Bond experience and get bums on seats that way. Rather than embracing the Bond licence as a unique oppurtunity that no other game has, they just want to try and use the Bond name to try and pass of a bog standard shooter for a quick buck.

So far SF apart everything about the 50th seems to me to smell of cheap cash in.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Based on the Trailer, I'm guessing the new characters from GoldenEye Reloaded might be the influence for this game. one of the new characters was Hugo Drax, and since Moonraker was the first mission revealed, who's willing to bet that the next movies will be.

A View To A Kill
    Goldfinger
    Diamonds Are Forever
    Live and Let Die
    and
    Die Another Day (even though no DAD characters are in GE:RE)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited May 2012 Posts: 23,548
    I must say I'm quite underwhelmed. Sending Bond to a secret space station feels like we're once again in fantasy land. One of the things I like about QoS and BS is that at least those games fit the more realistic approach. I'm not saying things don't look good but for the moment I read simple shooter dynamics here.
  • oo7oo7
    edited May 2012 Posts: 1,068
    yeah I with dimi here. I think ill wait till its going cheap. i think as well if bond going to use a shotgun in skyfall they will no doubt be again back in the multiplayer.. overpowered....overused....
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    If it follows Blood Stone's example, it'll be under $20 in less than six months. (I got Blood Stone for $19.48, plus the Amazon shipping rate of $3.99, and that was in March of 2011.)
  • RC7RC7
    This is probably what I'll do. I managed to get GE:RELOADED for £7 through a combo of discount and it being pre-owned. If I'd spent £45 I'd have been pissed off to say the least.
  • oo7oo7
    edited May 2012 Posts: 1,068
    I liked bloodstone although it was too short and could have used dlc maps for multiplayer. goldeneye i was annoyed about because it was not the game i had hoped, was watiing for the raven game which is now lost i fear. so i reluctantly bought it after playing the demo and thought the opening dam missions were ok appart from the giant yellow pointer on screen at all times. though the game takes a serious knock after the dam and becomes veer poor graphicly, the yacht for example is barely a step up from N64, the jungles grass is nothing on mgs 3 which is now a good 8 years old. they poured there time into that opening level to repackage the game. the multiplayer was pretty pour, i much prefered bloodstones ability to track your friends and follow them into games without requesitng invites.
    Just learned that aliens is to be pushed back this year to next. spiderman might be on par with spidey 2 but only time will tell. paynes come and gone jsut looking forward to hitman now. hope legends shaves off some multiplayer trophys, goldeneye had no life in its multiplayer and it was real slog trying to go for those.

After replaying some multiplayer in Qos the other night I wonder why they didnt jsut let them use that engine for further development on fps bonds
    DarthDimi wrote:
    I must say I'm quite underwhelmed. Sending Bond to a secret space station feels like we're once again in fantasy land. One of the things I like about QoS and BS is that at least those games fit the more realistic approach. I'm not saying things don't look good but for the moment I read simple shooter dynamics here.

At least in 2012 the idea of Moonraker is plausible now. look at the International Space Station. Plus, Moonraker feels like it always needed a videogame adaptation and I'm looking forward to it.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Murdock wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

At least in 2012 the idea of Moonraker is plausible now. look at the International Space Station. Plus, Moonraker feels like it always needed a videogame adaptation and I'm looking forward to it.

Moonraker would be fine as a video game. Except this is rushed, the graphics look bad, there will be needless changes, and Roger Moore isn't in it (even if you prefer Craig, you have to admit MR suits Roger better).
    Graphics look fine to me, and yeah I'm kinda pissed your not playing as the original Bonds but I'm not really surprised. at least they didn't recast all the characters. we got Drax, Jaws and Holly. and I'm happy with that.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Yeah. i REALLY THOUGHT that at LEAST, Activision put all Bonds together in the game. But no... ¬¬'

007 in Activision's hand is a Failure.
    I'll adept to @JamesBond sayings and start to say Craptivision...
    I really miss EA, at least they remade a Bond classic with the Bond from that film.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Murdock wrote:
    I really miss EA, at least they remade a Bond classic with the Bond from that film.

A Good Classic, btw. FRWL was good, imo.

I'll start to spam Activision's email saying,

'I DON'T WANT A DAMN 007 LEGENDS!!! I WANT A NIGHTFIRE REMAKE!!!'