007 Legends Announced

Comments

• oo7oo7
    I'm not sure if this was said before its 6 different storylines and 8 bad guys apparantly. i wonder if they will find a way to expand it to includ other missions as dlcs.
    Prob would have worked better as a debriefing game then.
    For once I hope this is only the UK release date and I hope the game will launch in November for North America as I will be very tempted to play this game before SF comes out...
    Does anybody know of any secrets, like who the villains are or maybe which movies will be used? I've been checking their site since Day 1, and there's nothing so far, not even a hint!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    As I think more about how exactly they will connect 5 films to the game including Skyfall, I agree more and more with @DC007's theory about Bond having flashbacks, which doesn't work for Dan's Bond at all considering he is the reboot Bond.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Why do I bet we won't get any kind of info about the game until maybe a week before release. We might see an MP trailer, which'll tell us nothing because MP will have no bearing on the story.
  • oo7oo7
    I would like to hope this is an all new game, if its just the Goldeneye engine why hold back on dropping a screenshot?
    I've looked at the new spiderman images and think some real works gone into the game for the film release game. prehaps 007legends will be the same. I still have doubts
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    oo7 wrote:
    I would like to hope this is an all new game, if its just the Goldeneye engine why hold back on dropping a screenshot?
    I've looked at the new spiderman images and think some real works gone into the game for the film release game. prehaps 007legends will be the same. I still have doubts

I guarantee it's just the GoldenEye 007 Reloaded engine. Building a brand new engine at this point would have been the stupidest thing they could have done.

As far as Amazing Spider-Man, that game doesn't interest me at all. I played Spider-Man (2002), Spider-Man 2, Ultimate Spider-Man and Spider-Man 3, and I didn't really care for Spider-Man 3. Being a fan of the Ultimate Spider-Man comics, obviously I loved Ultimate Spider-Man, but Spider-Man 3 just felt forced to me.
  • RC7RC7
    They should've reverted to the Blood Stone system and allowed you to select any of the Bond's with which to play the game. Part of the fun would've been completing the game with each Bond. They could've incorporated a neat combination of individual takedowns specific to each Bond. Alas this seems more like a 50th anniversary marketing tool.
    RC7 wrote:
    They should've reverted to the Blood Stone system and allowed you to select any of the Bond's with which to play the game. Part of the fun would've been completing the game with each Bond. They could've incorporated a neat combination of individual takedowns specific to each Bond. Alas this seems more like a 50th anniversary marketing tool.

This is what the game should have been. Especially since it would have been a 3rd person shooter.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    So the game will be released before Skyfall. That means we are going to play some parts from a movie that we hasn't seen yet.
  • oo7oo7
    edited May 2012 Posts: 1,068
    Well unless that Ra\ven Bond game was a trail of animation from there motion capture depatrment using the bond likeness(i dont know why they would have done that) I might be inclined to think that that game is still a go but just has no relivance to skyfall so go pulled for this years release. although it may technically mean they have been working on that one for over two years it also means i might have been sitting gathering dust for two years.
    "I guarantee it's just the GoldenEye 007 Reloaded engine. Building a brand new engine at this point would have been the stupidest thing they could have done.

As far as Amazing Spider-Man, that game doesn't interest me at all. I played Spider-Man (2002), Spider-Man 2, Ultimate Spider-Man and Spider-Man 3, and I didn't really care for Spider-Man 3. Being a fan of the Ultimate Spider-Man comics, obviously I loved Ultimate Spider-Man, but Spider-Man 3 just felt forced to me."
    that annoys me, that Goldeneye reloads a rather bad looking engine at part, unless they were going to bring your attention out of first person and ma,ke it third person
    oo7 wrote:
    Well unless that Ra\ven Bond game was a trail of animation from there motion capture depatrment using the bond likeness(i dont know why they would have done that) I might be inclined to think that that game is still a go but just has no relivance to skyfall so go pulled for this years release. although it may technically mean they have been working on that one for over two years it also means i might have been sitting gathering dust for two years.
    "I guarantee it's just the GoldenEye 007 Reloaded engine. Building a brand new engine at this point would have been the stupidest thing they could have done.

As far as Amazing Spider-Man, that game doesn't interest me at all. I played Spider-Man (2002), Spider-Man 2, Ultimate Spider-Man and Spider-Man 3, and I didn't really care for Spider-Man 3. Being a fan of the Ultimate Spider-Man comics, obviously I loved Ultimate Spider-Man, but Spider-Man 3 just felt forced to me."
    that annoys me, that Goldeneye reloads a rather bad looking engine at part, unless they were going to bring your attention out of first person and ma,ke it third person

Spider-Man 2 the game is one of my top 5 favorite games of all time! Game producers should really take a lesson from SM2. There are probably sections of New York that I still haven't covered yet! I'm not even done finding the skyscraper or buoy tokens (granted I play off and on ever since I beat the game). I just love swinging through the streets and doing whatever you want! I personally love climbing onto the tip-top of the Empire State Building and and then jumping to your death! Hahaha.
    00Beast wrote:
    Spider-Man 2 the game is one of my top 5 favorite games of all time! Game producers should really take a lesson from SM2. There are probably sections of New York that I still haven't covered yet! I'm not even done finding the skyscraper or buoy tokens (granted I play off and on ever since I beat the game). I just love swinging through the streets and doing whatever you want! I personally love climbing onto the tip-top of the Empire State Building and and then jumping to your death! Hahaha.

I do the same stuff on Ultimate Spider-Man.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Same here @00Beast! Spiderman 2 is my favorite superhero film and I always hold the game for it close to my heart. It was my childhood to put it lightly. I loved Ultimate Spiderman as well, thought it was really well done. And Spiderman 3...WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!?!?!?!
  • oo7oo7
    ahha NO this was not my point. i think the character models on spidey the new one look great i just wondered if this would carry over to 007 but if they will be using this goldeneye engine then blargh....
    oo7 wrote:
    ahha NO this was not my point. i think the character models on spidey the new one look great i just wondered if this would carry over to 007 but if they will be using this goldeneye engine then blargh....

Do not be surprised when we take things off on a tangent that was never expected.

Anyway, I thought GoldenEye's character models looked awesome, even on the Wii original. I certainly felt they were better than Quantum of Solace's.
  • oo7oo7
    yeah it looked good for a wii game. but when you port that to ps3 and just up the textures on your main character models it becomes noticeable they live in a very bland world and those textures diminish depending on distance. I think if you look back at a scene where 006 is involved you will see how good the faces can look, yet when you go back to the frigate its barely better than the n64 minimalist environment block clunky level design.
    Now QoS had some ok modeling going on, a shame they didnt deside to develop that engine every second year, if we got call of duty bond one year then james bond thirdperson stand alone the next i think alot of people would be interested.
    ohw ell not to be. i guess we have had 3 games out of the 4 are now based on film content and not stand alone content which is pretty crappy going i think.
    I hope they used a movie from each actor that played bond 6 films 6 actors.
    Me personally would love to see my favorite bond film from that actor to be in the game.

Sean Connery- Thunderball
    George Lazenby- On Her Majestys Secret Service
    Roger Moore- Moonraker
    Timothy Dalton- Licence to Kill
    Pierce Brosnan- Die Another Day (note: Die Another Day is not my favorite Brosnan Bond movie the world is not enough is. I put Die another Day cuz its the only Brosnan film not to be a game so i would like to see it in the Legends game)
    Daniel Craig- Skyfall
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Let's start a thread to discuss how the cover should be... what you think?
    Legends007.jpg
    ^
    There's some choppiness on the cut outs of the Bond actors, but damn that looks awesome!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    ^
    There's some choppiness on the cut outs of the Bond actors, but damn that looks awesome!

Thanks :D yeah i know, but i'm on my way to edit that. And it's not hard, just saying. :)
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Let's start a thread to discuss how the cover should be... what you think?
    Legends007.jpg

Uck it looks like someone threw up on the right side. :-&
    Why aren't the Bonds in the right order?

We all know the cover'll just be like the one for GoldenEye: Reloaded, with a sillouhuete of Bond holding a gun, probably with the gunbarrel as a background. Only Blood Stone's cover was any good, and that was just a publicity pic from QoS.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    edited May 2012 Posts: 1,182
    From Facebook:

BIG NEWS! On May 21st , Sony PlayStation & 007 Legends will be sharing the details of the first in-game movie. You won’t want to miss it!

Looks like Monday will be a great day for Bond fans.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The day of the trailer as well. Things are in full swing at least, it's been a while but it is great to be here.
    edited May 2012 Posts: 2,635

We all know the cover'll just be like the one for GoldenEye: Reloaded, with a sillouhuete of Bond holding a gun, probably with the gunbarrel as a background. Only Blood Stone's cover was any good, and that was just a publicity pic from QoS.

The Bonds don't need to be in Order. in Bond 50 Box Art they weren't, too.

And if the cover will be like GE:RL, no way it will be a good one. GE's cover is not that great, imo.
    I remember hearing people not being able to recognize that it was Dan of the GE:RL cover.
  • X3MSonicX wrote:

The Bonds don't need to be in Order. in Bond 50 Box Art they weren't, too.

And if the cover will be like GE:RL, no way it will be a good one. GE's cover is not that great, imo.

jbbr_gereloaded_leakedposterS.jpg

So, what do you think of this 'leaked' GE:RL cover. When I first saw it I really thought 'wow, amazing' but it unfortunatly IMO has to much of a noir-cop or John McClane feel to it.

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    We never saw this "cover" properly.

xxx