007 Legends Announced

Comments

looks like quantum of solace is one of the six based on all the shots
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    bondbat007 wrote:
    SharkBait wrote:
    Is anyone else having trouble registering to 007 Legends site?

Yes I'm going to try again later

I registered a few hours ago and got the verification mail, but the link supplied in it is dead...
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    That has to be the most unremarkable trailer they could've made. I can't imagine how they how to grab the interest of the general public, when i'm a Bond fan, and that trailer doesn't interest even me.

And if it's centred around Craig's Bond, then I hope that TLD isn't included. Why would I possibly want to revisit TLD with Craig's Bond? It's either with Dalton or not at all. At this point, this is a Bond game i'm gonna skip.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    This is a deal breaker.

-FPS
    -Only playing as Dan

Up yours Activision.
    This is a deal breaker.

-FPS
    -Only playing as Dan

Up yours Activision.

Agreed.

"We have an old saying, too, Activision.

And you're full of it."
    I'm ok with playing as Craig-Bond only and before you all invite me to sleep with your mistress then have me killed let me explain why

I just view the video games a bit like fan fiction we all see what if posters and fan based stories on Goldeneye with Dalton or Brosnan in Royale it is fun to play a game based on say Diamonds are forever updated and given the Craig Bond Treatment At least in my opinion but I usually order Red Wine with Fish
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Risico007 wrote:
    I'm ok with playing as Craig-Bond only and before you all invite me to sleep with your mistress then have me killed let me explain why

I just view the video games a bit like fan fiction we all see what if posters and fan based stories on Goldeneye with Dalton or Brosnan in Royale it is fun to play a game based on say Diamonds are forever updated and given the Craig Bond Treatment At least in my opinion but I usually order Red Wine with Fish

You're probably also an old man.
    Virage wrote:
    Sounds like the best bond game Activison has made!

I take that back! (I was expecting to wait six more months for that!)

Ok... My problems

1- Only Craig. WHY?!?!?!?!?! If we can't play as the other Bonds in their films, then I'd rather not play through them at all. It's bad enough they used Craig for the cash-in that was GE:wii/reloaded. I WANT TO PLAY AS DATLON!

2- FPS. Which means it'll be another COD clone, like reloaded.

Add that in with the fact that it's being released in Autumn, when games I KNOW will be good are coming out (like Assassin's creed 3 and maybe GTA), and you get me not buying this unless everyone tells me it's amazing.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    ohmss42 wrote:
    looks like quantum of solace is one of the six based on all the shots

No, I believe they just used Craig images from QOS because they were the only ones they can use from the images being used in the QOS game and Blood Stone.
    I am hoping the cover based system will be utilized like we had in Quantum (first person with the ability to go 3rd) And I'm not an old man I'm 25 and very sensitive about my age... Old man.

I hate to admit it but the older I get the more I prefer 3rd person to first which is odd 10 years ago I hated 3rd person video games....

Strange
    Risico007 wrote:
    I am hoping the cover based system will be utilized like we had in Quantum (first person with the ability to go 3rd) And I'm not an old man I'm 25 and very sensitive about my age... Old man.

I hate to admit it but the older I get the more I prefer 3rd person to first which is odd 10 years ago I hated 3rd person video games....

Strange
    I think we may need to settle our differences on The Orient Express. Leave your bloody wine and garrote behind.
    Risico007 wrote:

Strange
    I think we may need to settle our differences on The Orient Express. Leave your bloody wine and garrote behind.

or we can come to the agreement Bond is awesome.
  • wont it be difficult to get Connery or Moore for permission to use likeness and voice? how would you be able to do this?
    wont it be difficult to get Connery or Moore for permission to use likeness and voice? how would you be able to do this?

Connery possibly, Brosman possibly. Moore, Dalton and Lazenby would do it, and 25 years down the line when it's the bond 75 game Craig would proberbly also do it!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Well, Connery has flat out retired, so he'd never do it. Moore probably wouldn't see the point ("Games, I don't do any bloody games" I can easily imagine him saying). Lazenby, I don't know. He's probably hard up for work, but I'm not sure. Some actors just feel voice acting for video games to be beneath them. Dalton, maybe. I could see him far easier than the others. Brosnan probably wouldn't do another Bond game unless he received the same 2 million Connery got for DAF.
    Well, Connery has flat out retired, so he'd never do it. Moore probably wouldn't see the point ("Games, I don't do any bloody games" I can easily imagine him saying). Lazenby, I don't know. He's probably hard up for work, but I'm not sure. Some actors just feel voice acting for video games to be beneath them. Dalton, maybe. I could see him far easier than the others. Brosnan probably wouldn't do another Bond game unless he received the same 2 million Connery got for DAF.
    Moore definitely would. He loved his time as Bond and is always happy to do anything Bond related.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Has this been linked? Sorry if so.

Our story begins deep in murky, watery depths. You’re James Bond, and you’re drifting, unconscious. You don’t know why – only that you’re struggling for your life like never before. In moments of cognizance, you recall epic moments from the last 50 years. The harrowing chases. The uber-villains. The exotic locales. The women.

What will be your legend if this is the end?

In 007 Legends, you’ll take on the role of James Bond as played by Daniel Craig, running missions in the most iconic settings of 007’s five-decade film history. The places and times remain classified, even to you. But each retains the look and feel of the original movies, updated with reimagined characters, expanded gameplay and exciting new plotlines.

Which brings us back to your current predicament. The clock is ticking. Will this be yet another close brush with death, or has your remarkably good luck dried up at last?

Only you can answer that, Bond
    ^
    Yes. Early hopes now lost I'm afraid.
    MrBond wrote:
    Has this been linked? Sorry if so.

Our story begins deep in murky, watery depths. You’re James Bond, and you’re drifting, unconscious. You don’t know why – only that you’re struggling for your life like never before. In moments of cognizance, you recall epic moments from the last 50 years. The harrowing chases. The uber-villains. The exotic locales. The women.

What will be your legend if this is the end?

In 007 Legends, you’ll take on the role of James Bond as played by Daniel Craig, running missions in the most iconic settings of 007’s five-decade film history. The places and times remain classified, even to you. But each retains the look and feel of the original movies, updated with reimagined characters, expanded gameplay and exciting new plotlines.

Which brings us back to your current predicament. The clock is ticking. Will this be yet another close brush with death, or has your remarkably good luck dried up at last?

Only you can answer that, Bond

I preordered legend based on this alone.

Still hoping for cover system REALLY hoping btw.

• Were those clips in the trailer possible hints?

Golden P99 = The Man With the Golden Gun?
    Cobra Helicopters = Goldeneye again? Or an old fashioned raid like GF or OHMSS?
    bondbat007 wrote:

The writer cleary isn't a fan, mistaking Dr. No's death in the films for his death in the novel. And be wary checking the poll at the bottom. There are more in favor of the theory, what imbeciles.
    bondbat007 wrote:

The writer cleary isn't a fan, mistaking Dr. No's death in the films for his death in the novel. And be wary checking the poll at the bottom. There are more in favor of the theory, what imbeciles.

I voted the it's totall bull option **==

Anyway they have a point 007 legends NOT 007 Legend.

If you do put all the bonds on I will buy the game, I will buy all the downloadable content for GE:RL and 007L and I will buy all future Bond games.
    Virage wrote:
    bondbat007 wrote:

I voted the it's totall bull option **==

Anyway they have a point 007 legends NOT 007 Legend.

If you do put all the bonds on I will buy the game, I will buy all the downloadable content for GE:RL and 007L and I will buy all future Bond games.

No, I think the plural of "Legend" is referring to the 6 legendary (see what I did there?) films that have been selected to appear in the game, and not the actors that have played Bond, though they are all equally worthy.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    But if Skyfall is the sixth and final film in the game, how can it be "legendary" yet? I wonder if Skyfall isn't the concluding seventh chapter in the game, preceded by six previous films.
  • bondbat007 wrote:

It's a ridiculous article. If Craig appears in all Bond adventures, it disproves the code-name theory, unless all the villains of the world also have younger counter-parts that go by the same name, such as Goldfinger or Largo.

Why would every agent named Bond need to go on the exact same missions? How would the same scenario arise countless times?

Daniel Craig in Goldeneye shows that every Bond has been on every mission, just in their own timeline's version. If you really need an explanation torn from a comic-book, they are all the same guy just in a different verse.

This game would be the only definitive proof that the code-name theory doesn't work. MI6 may keep the 007 moniker and James Bond name the same, but they couldn't possibly replicate the scenarios again every time they got a new Bond (M: "What do you know, our new agent named Bond just defused a bomb in Fort Knox. That happened to one of the other fellas!")

• RC7RC7
    edited April 2012 Posts: 10,512
    Tamahori is to blame for this utter [...]. Why can't people leave this [...] codename theory alone. Even a four year old can understand that it's quite easy to have multiple portrayals of the same character. Using this theory you could say Sherlock Holmes is a codename, Simon Templar is a codename. What inane useless [...].

Mod edit: @RC7, please keep in mind that we do not tolerate foul language, swearing, even obvious, unsubtle *-censoring. Thank you!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited April 2012 Posts: 9,117
    RC7 wrote:
    Tamahori is to blame for this utter [...]. Why can't people leave this [...] codename theory alone. Even a four year old can understand that it's quite easy to have multiple portrayals of the same character. Using this theory you could say Sherlock Holmes is a codename, Simon Templar is a codename. What inane useless [...].

Well said sir.