007 Legends Announced

Comments

so skyfall won't get it's own game and will be merged with 5 other films... ok.. i guess depends on how many level per film 4 levels per film 24 levels total ok thats cool 1 level per film and you can see why i'd be upset lol.

and the name is kind of bland Plus I'm curious does this mean we'll get a similar situation to 2010 (one bond game on the wii/pc and one on the 360/ps3 with the Wii game getting re-released next year?) this year?

the logo isn't bad though. was Hoping for a trailer and hoping to play as just Craig Bond... after watching a Craig-bond movie I want to play a game as Craig-Bond only makes sense right?

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    gt007 wrote:
    From 007.com:

007 LEGENDS TO LAUNCH IN THE AUTUMN

Celebrating the 50th anniversary of James Bond, Activision Publishing, together with EON Productions, have announced the launch of 007 LEGENDS.

To be launched this autumn on both PS3 and Xbox 360, 007 LEGENDS ambitiously ties together the storylines from six classic Bond films, concluding with this year’s much-anticipated installment, SKYFALL. The multiplayer experience promises four local-player split-screen game modes with new maps, weapons and characters derived from Bond’s 50-year legacy.

Alongside the main overarching storyline, the game will feature the return of the single player Mi6 Ops Missions, which debuted in GOLDENEYE 007: Reloaded and became an immediate fan favourite.

As well as Bond’s signature Walther PPK, players will have access to an arsenal of state-of-the-art gadgets and weapons, plus vehicles, exotic locations and of course, the gorgeous Bond women. And for the first time ever, players will be able to participate as one of Bond’s villainous foes, reliving the missions through their eyes, as well as 007’s.

We’ll bring you more news (including the 007 LEGENDS player website and Facebook page details) as we get it.

007legendsboxps3.th.jpg__007legendsboxxbox360.th.jpg

I don't know if those are the final covers, but I'm sure they will make the logo haters angrier... :P

Okay, for one, seriously, who the hell is Activision trying to kid? We already know the game'll be rated T for Teen. For two, why?! They better be preliminary covers, or else my already low opinion of Activision's marketing department will take a nose dive.
  • It won't be the final cover art. They showed the same thing with Goldeneye and Reloaded before revealing he final art. They do this with nearly every game.

Awesome to hear the PPK is finally back.

Can't wait to see thisin action. I for one am ecstatic that Eurocom is doing it. Goldeneye Reloaded was he he's Bond game since Goldeneye.
    Since they're bringing back MI6 ops, I'm guessing this will be an FPS.

And I really hope it's not just Craig. I want to play as Dalton.
  • Since they're bringing back MI6 ops, I'm guessing this will be an FPS.

The legality of it all would likely be insane.

But maybe....just maybe.....

In the meantime, bet on Craig.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    gt007 wrote:
    007 LEGENDS ambitiously ties together the storylines from six classic Bond films, concluding with this year’s much-anticipated installment, SKYFALL.

Does this confirm Skyfall as the sixth film?
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Samuel001 wrote:
    gt007 wrote:
    007 LEGENDS ambitiously ties together the storylines from six classic Bond films, concluding with this year’s much-anticipated installment, SKYFALL.

If Skyfall is included, will we be getting 2 Bond games??? Because I assumed that we'd have this and a Skyfall game, but if Skyfall is included here...

Samuel001 wrote:
    gt007 wrote:

If Skyfall is included, will we be getting 2 Bond games??? Because I assumed that we'd have this and a Skyfall game.

Maybe the second game is something else altogether. July or August we should find out.

As for the featured films in this game, it will be the ones with the 'classic characters'. Goldfinger, You Only Live Twice, Live And Let Die, The Man With The Golden Gun, The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker. It may even be five of those.

Will the locations from the films even be in order? It may just be a new storyline that takes Bond everywhere and gives him all action with the best locations along the way.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    gt007 wrote:

If Skyfall is included, will we be getting 2 Bond games??? Because I assumed that we'd have this and a Skyfall game.

Maybe the second game is something else altogether. July or August we should find out.

Maybe it'll be like with GE and Bloodstone, I think this will be an FPS so maybe we will also get a thrid person game with an original plot.
    Would be nice for that one to get a PC and Wii release as well as one on the PS3 and XBOX 360.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    gt007 wrote:

For ambitiously read pointlessly and probably fairly ineptly.

I dont want them to f**k about with the plot of the films like they did with the FRWL game - just give us a Greatest Hits package with the iconic moments to play through. Why do you need to have a cobbled together story to tie it together.

Its like Assassins Creed - can anyone explain to me the point of Desmond and the Animus? I just find the whole thing jarring and forced and every time it cuts to this it takes me out of the Italian renaissance game world.
    Since they're bringing back MI6 ops, I'm guessing this will be an FPS.

The legality of it all would likely be insane.

But maybe....just maybe.....

In the meantime, bet on Craig.

The legality of what? I think when you become Bond you sign away your rights to EON for them to use your image (as Bond) for whatever they want. I'd be pretty confident that EON can use any of the Bond actors likeness as long as its as Bond.

I cant imagine theyd have to pay Dalton royalties if they used him. Sean got paid for FRWL but I think that was for his voice not for the likeness in the game.

It would be class if they used all 6 Bonds and got them to record the dialogue a la FRWL. I reckon Rog would be well up for it, George and Tim could be persuaded and Daniel would have no choice as hes under contract.
    Sean probably wouldnt but they could cobble it together from the FRWL game and the films. Same with Pierce if hes still on bad terms with EON.
    Why can these companies just do something right for once
    They get the licence then p~~~ about with the concept.
    If they were going to do what we all want, then just do 1 level from each film
    Do a seperate skyfall game to bleed more money out of people
    But for once do it right.
    Game players and fans want decent stories, not something that has just been put together for the sake of it.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

The legality of what? I think when you become Bond you sign away your rights to EON for them to use your image (as Bond) for whatever they want. I'd be pretty confident that EON can use any of the Bond actors likeness as long as its as Bond.

I cant imagine theyd have to pay Dalton royalties if they used him. Sean got paid for FRWL but I think that was for his voice not for the likeness in the game.

It would be class if they used all 6 Bonds and got them to record the dialogue a la FRWL. I reckon Rog would be well up for it, George and Tim could be persuaded and Daniel would have no choice as hes under contract.
    Sean probably wouldnt but they could cobble it together from the FRWL game and the films. Same with Pierce if hes still on bad terms with EON.

They can only use the current Bond actor in a Bond game.
    There was a concept of all the Bond actors in GoldenEye as playable characters from 1997 but of course it didn't work and couldn't be done.

I this only adds to the current Bond actor theory.
    Do you think they're going to run it on the engine for Goldeneye: Reloaded? I hope not. I want to see a new, prettier, 3rd person engine. 1st person shooters have had the light of day, it's time to move on.

I'm one of the few people who prefers Blood Stone over GE:R. In every way.
    Do you think they're going to run it on the engine for Goldeneye: Reloaded?

I do. The MI6 Ops are back and the game is again made by Eurocom.
    i highly doubt we will be getting two different games this year
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Its like Assassins Creed - can anyone explain to me the point of Desmond and the Animus? I just find the whole thing jarring and forced and every time it cuts to this it takes me out of the Italian renaissance game world.

The point of Desmond, is for him to learn what he can from his ancestors in order to stop the Templars in the current time from unleashing whatever insidious plot they have concocted (which may or may not include a satellite with a piece of Eden to be used on the population at large).
    I dont want them to f**k about with the plot of the films like they did with the FRWL game - just give us a Greatest Hits package with the iconic moments to play through. Why do you need to have a cobbled together story to tie it together.

This situation would be more like GoldenEye: Rogue Agent than From Russia With Love, and if so, then it'll have fun gameplay with a sh*t story and no replay value (besides trophies/achievements).
    Do you think they're going to run it on the engine for Goldeneye: Reloaded? I hope not. I want to see a new, prettier, 3rd person engine. 1st person shooters have had the light of day, it's time to move on.

I'm one of the few people who prefers Blood Stone over GE:R. In every way.

You and I are in complete agreement.
    edited April 2012 Posts: 9,117
    largo2 wrote:
    Why can these companies just do something right for once
    They get the licence then p~~~ about with the concept.
    If they were going to do what we all want, then just do 1 level from each film
    Do a seperate skyfall game to bleed more money out of people
    But for once do it right.
    Game players and fans want decent stories, not something that has just been put together for the sake of it.

Words of wisdom indeed Sir. Seeing as most decent games these days take a good 2 years of development then this is blatantly a cash in done on the cheap using the Goldeneye game engine.

Your not telling me theyve been developing this in secret for 18 months already with no one letting anything slip because frankly I dont believe you. COD and GTA are all in development for years and the details are more higly prized than for this yet the odd snippet always comes out.

EON are just cynically milking us - first we get the lacklustre Bluray box set which is just the same discs we already have with no new extras at all (and no SF so within 3 months of release its already obsolete), then the dull Scalextric set (who wants to drive a f**king Range Rover? Why not a Bond 50th Scalextric with the DB5, Lotus, Volante, DBS and maybe 2CV for a laugh all included?) and now we get this which I expect to be average at best (especially with Activision pulling the strings). No doubt the Corgi press release will just be old models that we already own in 50th anniversary packaging.

How about some f**king imagination EON?????! This is just s**t.

Just hope they are putting all their creative efforts into making SF a classic film and then I'll forgive them. Say what you like about milking the fans but George Lucas will deliver something better for fans for the Star Wars 50th.

edited April 2012 Posts: 7,854
    The problem is that there are far too many gamers out there who play games solely because they have pretty graphics, fun gameplay and fast-paced online multiplayer. This'll never change, despite any effort that developers put into the stories games have.
    Your not telling me theyve been developing this in secret for 18 months already with no one letting anything slip because frankly I dont believe you. COD and GTA are all in development for years and the details are more higly prized than for this yet the odd snippet always comes out.

Now, I don't know how long Eurocom has been working on 007 Legends, but since all GoldenEye 007 Reloaded was was an HD-upping of GoldenEye 007 on the Wii, with some MI6 Ops and a few new characters and maps thrown in, it would not surprise me if it has been in development for at least a year now. For all we know, Eurocom has had one studio working on GE:Reloaded and one working on 007 Legends, much like Naughty Dog did with Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us.
  • Eurocom has over 260 employees. I'm sure they've had a team working on Legends for awhile now.
    Eurocom has over 260 employees. I'm sure they've had a team working on Legends for awhile now.

I doubt all of them work on a game at one time. If so, then why didn't GE2010 end up better than just a COD ripoff?
    For all we know, Eurocom has had one studio working on GE:Reloaded and one working on 007 Legends, much like Naughty Dog did with Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us.

So if theyve been working on it for so long how come this is the first we've heard about it? I heard about the new GTA about 2 or 3 months ago and details of that will be much more secret than the new Bond game which, lets be honest here, will be a bog standard first person shooter and not push the envelope of gaming in the slightest.

GTA wont be released for ages yet we know of its existence. In this day and age I dont believe that things like this dont get leaked so my guess is that at best they started it after they finished the Wii GE port which means what? A year of development?
    I'm afraid I just dont have the faith or naievty in EON (especially when you look at all the other lacklustre products we are getting for the 50th) to believe that this has all been through out in advance and this game has been worked on for years to ensure it can really compete with the triple A titles out there instead of being a box office disaster like GE.

You only have to look at GEs release date of the week between COD and Battlefield 3 to realise that whoever is in charge of gaming at EON hasnt got a scooby.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    I'm just going to say one thing about this:

16-people multiplayer at Piz Gloria.
    MartinBond wrote:
    I'm just going to say one thing about this:

16-people multiplayer at Piz Gloria.

A team of 8 starting in helicopters v a team of 8 SPECTRE guards!! Awesome!!

Just a shame that wont be what we get. I was initially excited by this news but the more I think about it the more it winds me up because no one making the decisions about any of this stuff has an ounce of imagination of what would be great rather than what might make a slight return on their investment.

Look at the original N64 GE. Came out years after the film and everyone was doing their nut for them to get it out but they took their time and made sure it was a really good game instead of pandering to release dates and the rest is history.
    00Beast wrote:
    Yeah, I can expect the Big Three of Connery, Moore, and Brosnan. If I were to predict the six being used, I'd say Goldfinger and Thunderball for Connery, Live and Let Die and The Spy Who Loved Me for Moore, GoldenEye for Brosnan, and if there's to be a Dalton, it'll be The Living Daylights I'm guessing.

Here are my thoughts. It seems unlikely to me that they will use the films that have been recently turned into games. So I would guess that FRWL,QoS and CR are out. I don't think they'll use GE because it has been so recently remade. As for the films they will include, we have to remember that a game has to appeal to people who don't necessarily watch the films but will recognize iconic symbols of Bond. Thus you can almost guarantee GF and one more Connery film will be in, probably Thunderball. Moore will have at least two and maybe three, I'm guessing TMWTGG, TSWLM, and/or AVTAK. I say those three mainly because of the golden gun, Jaws, and the golden gate fight. Personally I would love to have OP. That leaves one or two more, depending on how many Roger gets. Pierce will have one of his last three and it's kind of a toss up on which one they'll choose. I would love TWINE but my gut says TND because of all the action. I really,really hope that Dalton will get one but because his movies aren't nearly as widely known, he may get screwed. But if he does get one I would guess TLD. And then Craig will get Skyfall.
    That's what I think will happen, but it's just guessing.

That is true, despite my love for GoldenEye, they probably won't put it in the six because, like you said, it has been done twice before, which makes me sad! Still, there will most likely be a Brosnan movie, since his are one of the big three Bond eras. I could see Die Another Day gettingin the six because it is incredibly action-packed and strangely enough, was the only Brosnan movie not to be made a game, and it came out during a gaming high!
    For all we know, Eurocom has had one studio working on GE:Reloaded and one working on 007 Legends, much like Naughty Dog did with Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us.

So if theyve been working on it for so long how come this is the first we've heard about it? I heard about the new GTA about 2 or 3 months ago and details of that will be much more secret than the new Bond game which, lets be honest here, will be a bog standard first person shooter and not push the envelope of gaming in the slightest.

GTA wont be released for ages yet we know of its existence. In this day and age I dont believe that things like this dont get leaked so my guess is that at best they started it after they finished the Wii GE port which means what? A year of development?
    I'm afraid I just dont have the faith or naievty in EON (especially when you look at all the other lacklustre products we are getting for the 50th) to believe that this has all been through out in advance and this game has been worked on for years to ensure it can really compete with the triple A titles out there instead of being a box office disaster like GE.

You only have to look at GEs release date of the week between COD and Battlefield 3 to realise that whoever is in charge of gaming at EON hasnt got a scooby.

GTA5 was announced 5 months ago, and still we have no information about it. Rockstar is being secretive about it.

And GEReloaded's release between MW3 and Battlefield 3 was just to cash in on FPS popularity. Had they released it during a time when sandbox games were coming out, it would have sold poorly, proving that Activision knows when the right time is to put their games out (they just need to slow the COD machine down a little and actually do something new with their online).

Honestly, I don't care much about all the products being released in celebration of the 50th anniversary, probably because I have no intention of buying any of it (I have all the films on DVD, and don't yet feel that Bluray is worthy enough medium for me to shell out way too much money for a Bluray player that I'm probably only gonna buy for the Star Wars movies).

This is probably a cultural thing, but what the f*ck is a "scooby" besides a talking, mystery solving dog with his own brand of dog treats?
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Scooby Doo = Clue.

Some kind of hip recent rhyming slang, I think. I'd never heard of it myself until a few years ago and had to look it up. An awful term.
    I see, thanks.
  • 00Beast wrote:
    I could see Die Another Day gettingin the six because it is incredibly action-packed and strangely enough, was the only Brosnan movie not to be made a game, and it came out during a gaming high!

It's a real possibility and there could be some awesome levels. I think the hovercraft and fencing scenes would be a real treat to play out.