007 Legends Announced

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I really, really want Dalton to be included. If they do use more than one Bond then I hope they don't just forget about him and Lasenby. I have a bad feeling that it might just be playing as Craig in some Connery and Moore films.

If not Craig, then a generic Bond.
  • @SJK91 I think I know how it will all go down:

Thunderball
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    The Spy Who Loved Me
    The Living Daylights
    Tomorrow Never Dies
    Skyfall

Pre-Titles Sequence with TSWLM. Because it should be.

A terrorist bomber by the name of Silva attacks the Mi6 HQ, and threatens to start continuing to attack other countries unless a ransom of $$$ be paid. Bond is dispatch to work out and stop Silva before the next attack is launched while NATO ponders weather or not to pay him. Bond first interrogates a defected Russian General who is linked to supplying Silva with weapons, and dispatches him, cutting Silva off from his supply.

Bond then next arrives and meets Elliot Carver, Silva's right hand man and head of the publicity. Carver uses Silva's threats to blackmail other factions in gaining money. Carver's wife leads Bond to Carver's stealth ship, used to launch missiles at Silva's targets. Bond takes over the ship, and use it to enter the underwater HQ where Silva operates and destroys his plan,but Silva escapes

Just as Carver's wife rekindle with Bond, she's tragically gunned down by Silva. Left with no choice and a personal vendetta against him, Bond retreats to
    his home in Skyfall era and prepares for the final firefight
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    SJK91 wrote:
    If they're using six films (Skyfall included in the six) then the reasonable thing to do is use a film from each actor's era.

Personally:

Goldfinger
    The Spy Who Loved Me
    The Living Daylights
    Tomorrow Never Dies
    (Skyfall)

I know not many people outside of Bond fandom know of OHMSS, but I think that would make an interesting transition to a video game and perhaps be the best part of the game....

I'd also like to see how they would translate the TLD cargo net fight into a video game.

Uncharted 3 already did. ;)
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    SJK91 wrote:
    If they're using six films (Skyfall included in the six) then the reasonable thing to do is use a film from each actor's era.

Personally:

Goldfinger
    The Spy Who Loved Me
    The Living Daylights
    Tomorrow Never Dies
    (Skyfall)

I know not many people outside of Bond fandom know of OHMSS, but I think that would make an interesting transition to a video game and perhaps be the best part of the game....

I'd also like to see how they would translate the TLD cargo net fight into a video game.

Uncharted 3 already did. ;)

Haha yep, I love the living daylights and I think uncharted 3s take on the cargo net scene betters it
    Sounds like the best bond game Activison has made!

Questions:

-Is it third person with Craig, First person or third person with various bonds?
    -Is multiplayer like FRWL and GE:RL (love the villain on villain)
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 816
    This might scare you: DAD is the only movie in the Brosnan era that hasn't been adapted into a video game yet.....

Something else just came to me:

One of the people that got a sneak peak for the SkyFall trailer said it started with
    Bond being interrogated, when questioned about operation SkyFall, he says 'it's done' which launches the action

Then I was thinking: Well, something must have kicked this idea of mixing multiple Bond adventures in one off. It's not really a regular idea, even for the 50th Anniversary,
    so now i figure it might be this:
    Bon is questioned by M and Mallory, in a Black Ops type of situation, and in order for them to understand what Mission Skyfall was about, he must flash back to previous missions, which interlace the story

Maybe thinking into this to much, but it sounds quite logical to me :)
  • Amazon.com has the games release set for October 16th. Also the 360 version has kinect support listed, but I don't think that's a good thing.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Out of the way of some other big titles and before the new film. Good call for once, by Activision.

It's not a surprise the Kinect and I would guess, PS Move will be supported. Anything for extra sales.
    The game sounds interesting. I'll probably get it, depending on which Bond movies are actually featured. Plus I need more excuses to buy a PS3...
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    jackdagger wrote:
    The game sounds interesting. I'll probably get it, depending on which Bond movies are actually featured. Plus I need more excuses to buy a PS3...

Beautiful and a gamer?!?!? Where have you been all my life? :x
    If they put OHMSS in this game, my life will be complete. 6 movies tying in should definitely be one from every actor. And they shouldn't mess with the franchise - none of the 007 being a 'job' instead of a person stuff.
    As much as I'd like to, I just can't get myself excited about this project. It's most likely going to be a very weak story that somehow combines these six films together, and it'll most likely star Daniel Craig as Bond the whole way through. As much as I like Craig as Bond, I'd rather see those that haven't been featured in a game yet (Moore, Dalton, Lazenby) get their time in.

My best guess in terms of what films they'll draw from would be: GF, YOLT, TSWLM, MR, DAD, and (of course) SkyFall. I would seriously doubt that a videogame company would bother including Lazenby and his film or Dalton and his two films when they have a treasure trove of films starring the more widely accepted Bond actors like Connery, Moore, and Brosnan. I'd love to see Dalton appear in this game, or even just a sequence from one of his films, but I really doubt that it will end up happening.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Why can't we just have a Bond in game model not based on any actors. One that looked like the literary Bond and has a scar on his right cheek, the comma of hair hanging down on his forehead. That would be awesome. They should make more Bond games where he looks like him literary counterpart. I love the Fleming's descriptions of Bond.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    A variation of the logo, with transparent background.

007-Legends-Logo-2.png

xxx
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    No matter what happens to that logo, it still looks like sh*t.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    No matter what happens to that logo, it still looks like sh*t.

haha, lol, tought the same. Too simple IMO.

xxx

Hopefully the box art will make up for it
    YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!! Just what I've wanted out of a Bond game for years, and here it is!! I can't wait to see which six movies are involved, and what characters and locations are involved!!!
  • I'm am SO excited for this! I can only hope they do it right. It says six movies which means we will get a Connery,Moore, and Brosnan film for sure but I really hope they do something with Dalton!
    I'm am SO excited for this! I can only hope they do it right. It says six movies which means we will get a Connery,Moore, and Brosnan film for sure but I really hope they do something with Dalton!

Yeah, I can expect the Big Three of Connery, Moore, and Brosnan. If I were to predict the six being used, I'd say Goldfinger and Thunderball for Connery, Live and Let Die and The Spy Who Loved Me for Moore, GoldenEye for Brosnan, and if there's to be a Dalton, it'll be The Living Daylights I'm guessing.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 306
    00Beast wrote:
    Yeah, I can expect the Big Three of Connery, Moore, and Brosnan. If I were to predict the six being used, I'd say Goldfinger and Thunderball for Connery, Live and Let Die and The Spy Who Loved Me for Moore, GoldenEye for Brosnan, and if there's to be a Dalton, it'll be The Living Daylights I'm guessing.

Here are my thoughts. It seems unlikely to me that they will use the films that have been recently turned into games. So I would guess that FRWL,QoS and CR are out. I don't think they'll use GE because it has been so recently remade. As for the films they will include, we have to remember that a game has to appeal to people who don't necessarily watch the films but will recognize iconic symbols of Bond. Thus you can almost guarantee GF and one more Connery film will be in, probably Thunderball. Moore will have at least two and maybe three, I'm guessing TMWTGG, TSWLM, and/or AVTAK. I say those three mainly because of the golden gun, Jaws, and the golden gate fight. Personally I would love to have OP. That leaves one or two more, depending on how many Roger gets. Pierce will have one of his last three and it's kind of a toss up on which one they'll choose. I would love TWINE but my gut says TND because of all the action. I really,really hope that Dalton will get one but because his movies aren't nearly as widely known, he may get screwed. But if he does get one I would guess TLD. And then Craig will get Skyfall.
    That's what I think will happen, but it's just guessing.
  • On another note, it is almost for sure they will use Craig as Bond. But if I had a choice I would use the different actors that played each Bond in their respective films. I think it would be cool to actually play the character that was in the film. It won't happen but I can dream.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    !!!!!! its like the developers read my mind - because this is the type of Bond game I have been screaming for, for the past year or two \:D/

anyways - the only bummer is, is that i doubt we'll get to play as each of the Bond actors - i forsee it only being Craig... which isn't horrible - but it would be nice to play as Connery in GF, or Moore in TSWLM levels - if those are indeed included...

i do hope they choose films they have not already done.. and for heaven's sake - do not go back to the Goldeneye well - they've bled it dry now, I want to see something different - hell, i'd even take a level inspired by DAD, seeing as that was the only Brosnan film not to get a game counterpart (which is odd, because if any film was made to be a video game, that one would've been it lol).. so if i had to put in my wish list of the films i would want to see levels from.. it would be...

Goldfinger - some nice driving stuff with the DB5 could work, and a level with Fort Knox would be killer.
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service - there is a nice chance to do some stealth style missions - as well as an awesome ski opportunity.
    The Spy Who Loved Me - The Liparus.... 'nuff said.
    Moonraker - there is a wealth of stuff they could choose from in this film... Amazon river boat chase, a zero G battle in the Moonraker base, or even a fun sky diving mission.
    The Living Daylights - some cool levels could be based around the opening PTS, or even the Russian airbase.
    Die Another Day - Aston/Jag battle on ice, the opening hovercraft chase - both would be cool to play through.
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Hopefully the box art will make up for it

It damn well better. Though, after GE2010Wii's boxart sucking, and GEReloaded's boxart double sucking, I have little faith in good boxart coming from a Eurocom game.
  • No matter what happens to that logo, it still looks like sh*t.
    I totally agree. Very 90's gradient going on there... but I can't wait for the game! Very exciting news.

• edited April 2012 Posts: 2,491
    This game will be for XBOX and PS3. I share the rage of the others about this game not being on PC...... :

Btw my opinion on the 6 games:

FRWL

OHMSS

AVTAK

LTK

TLD

CR

Edit:Is there any info about PC game this year?
  • Dream list:

Thunderball
    The Spy Who Loved Me
    The Living Daylights
    Tomorrow Never Dies
    Skyfall

My dream list

YOLT
    OHMSS
    FYEO
    TLD
    TWINE
    Skyfall

Want to see good mix of baddies, locations, stunts, story & music from each film mentioned.

I'd like
    TB
    OHMSS
    TSWLM
    TLD
    TND
    CR

That way each Bond gets a movie.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    edited April 2012 Posts: 1,182
    From 007.com:

007 LEGENDS TO LAUNCH IN THE AUTUMN

Celebrating the 50th anniversary of James Bond, Activision Publishing, together with EON Productions, have announced the launch of 007 LEGENDS.

To be launched this autumn on both PS3 and Xbox 360, 007 LEGENDS ambitiously ties together the storylines from six classic Bond films, concluding with this year’s much-anticipated installment, SKYFALL. The multiplayer experience promises four local-player split-screen game modes with new maps, weapons and characters derived from Bond’s 50-year legacy.

Alongside the main overarching storyline, the game will feature the return of the single player Mi6 Ops Missions, which debuted in GOLDENEYE 007: Reloaded and became an immediate fan favourite.

As well as Bond’s signature Walther PPK, players will have access to an arsenal of state-of-the-art gadgets and weapons, plus vehicles, exotic locations and of course, the gorgeous Bond women. And for the first time ever, players will be able to participate as one of Bond’s villainous foes, reliving the missions through their eyes, as well as 007’s.

We’ll bring you more news (including the 007 LEGENDS player website and Facebook page details) as we get it.

007legendsboxps3.th.jpg__007legendsboxxbox360.th.jpg

I don't know if those are the final covers, but I'm sure they will make the logo haters angrier... :P