007 Legends Announced

Comments

• I just remembered that @JamesPage has implied in the past that there will be two 007 games this year. I wonder if that is still the case.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Anyway, I think the whole "get so many people to do this internet thing" idea is stupid and pointless. It means they're holding back gameplay/pics for a stupid attempt at publicity.

Blame Facebook. If it wasn't for Mark Zuckerberg inventing that waste of time, we'd get game reveals far quicker.

It's why I have absolutely nothing to do with the waste of time that is Facebook. Who cares that Julie posted a picture of her new coffee table, or Rob has a picture of himself at the bar with friends that aren't you, or Brandon is eating a bowl of cereal before he goes to bed? I certainly don't.

That made my day @Creasy. It's like:

"Just had coffee, extra black. Actually dressed myself. Eating sandwich, with two slices of bologna."

Well congratulations, you did it all on your own. Do these people want medals?
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited May 2012 Posts: 9,117
    I still havent seen anything about this in any gaming magazine yet. This is pretty remarkable given its going to be on sale in 4.5 months. Given the fact that manufacturing, packaging, distribution etc must take a good month then it means that this game only has about 3 months available to be finished.

So why do we know practically nothing about it so close to it going on sale?

Well kept secret and a sleeper hit or shoddy botch job to cash in on SF and the 50th? Only time will tell but I'm hardly sitting here with baited breath.
  • oo7oo7
    edited May 2012 Posts: 1,068
    @britishchap007 I doubt it is going to happen. Prehaps the inclussion of bond in Playstation battle royal was the other title he will feature in?
    @wizardofice
    I think the staggered release of information and lack of information on bond games from activision has been going on for a while, goldeneye was the only one which received mass marketing, Qos got some tv ads around xmas if i recall correctly but that was post release.
    The game itself seems to be more along the line of DLC for Goldeneye reloaded that got pushed back to allow a port of skyfall alongside other missions. No doubt activision thought they had a winning engine to mass produce bond from but for me Goldeneye looked inferior to QoS(why was this engine not just used for all bond fps from activision, seemed like it was quickly produced and worked ok both multiplayer wise and single player) if anything this might showcase how inferior Goldeneye from activision was, clearly only selling to those who thought the game was something. I know from my experience the people ive met on the game are normally not previous bond players and have come over from the Wii but refuse to play the other games.
    what has happened is activision is marketing an inferior game(its clearly goldneye/dead space extraction from the wii with a new texture maps)
    I'm not overenthusiastic by the first trailer as they promised the return of the ppk but all i see it the p99. all ive noted is that Nightfire fans have started perking up over the inclusion of the moonraker level
    Ive went back to QoS and Bloodstone recently on the PS3 if anyone wishs to play leave your tag.
    I would also think it might be a pivital time to send a message to activision over the inferior game development, by that i mean dont buy it let it get cheap and in the sales before you go near it so they know this is not the way you wish to carry forward with bond games.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I still havent seen anything about this in any gaming magazine yet. This is pretty remarkable given its going to be on sale in 4.5 months. Given the fact that manufacturing, packaging, distribution etc must take a good month then it means that this game only has about 3 months available to be finished.

So why do we know practically nothing about it so close to it going on sale?

Well kept secret and a sleeper hit or shoddy botch job to cash in on SF and the 50th? Only time will tell but I'm hardly sitting here with baited breath.

Blood Stone was not even announced until mid-July so this game seems ahead of time. I expect the films of the game to be revealed soon.
  • oo7oo7
    Bloodstone i believe was leaked due to a website being bought and a share holders meeting. actual information about the game got really side tracked in goldneye marketing.
    I think we will see a new film revealed each month finishing in skyfall to tie into the hype of the film.
    i really hope it was the case this game emerged due to having a forced film tie in, and next years game is the raven game or something akin to it and bloodstone.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    From Facebook:

Here’s a first look at the Bond gear you could win! The sweepstakes starts TOMORROW. Check back then to find out how you can enter to win super spy-worthy limited edition gear!

550421_393523777351891_739366070_n.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Nice little Attache case.
    Sorry to ruin it for everyone, but I got a cheap little poker set in the exact same case as that. The side panels are cardboard with silver stickered, literally stickered, on the side of the cardboard. The hole case is weak and will shift to the left or the right with slight pressure. It can easily be taken apart.

Nothing too good, but it'd be cool as a collective and to say you won.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Sorry to ruin it for everyone, but I got a cheap little poker set in the exact same case as that. The side panels are cardboard with silver stickered, literally stickered, on the side of the cardboard. The hole case is weak and will shift to the left or the right with slight pressure. It can easily be taken apart.

Nothing too good, but it'd be cool as a collective and to say you won.

I know what you mean, I have one just like it too.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    What's inside it?
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Samuel001 wrote:
    What's inside it?
    According to Facebook, it's "complete with everything you need to uncover the truth".
    I guess we'll find out what this means tomorrow.
    gt007 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    What's inside it?
    According to Facebook, it's "complete with everything you need to uncover the truth".
    I guess we'll find out what this means tomorrow.

Apparently the Truth is a cheap poker set..

• oo7oo7
    edited June 2012 Posts: 1,068
    <object classId="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="480" height="418" id="VideoPlayerLg59171"><param name="movie" value="http://www.g4tv.com/lv3/59171"; /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.g4tv.com/lv3/59171"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="VideoPlayer" width="480" height="382" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" /></object><div style="margin:0;text-align:center;width:480px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-

i dont see the ppk yet just the p99. skyfalls dlc mission sounds quite short from the way they are talking about it.
    do you think there will be another mission outside of the 6 movie stories bringing the total up to 7?

I think if i could now daniel craig has been on 10 separate bond stories now within film and game not including his Olympic missions. wonder if the Olympic mission will be dlc...
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Not surprising at all, really, using the P99. QoS - Film: PPK. QoS - Game: P99. The P99 has been Bond's video game weapon of choice since Tomorrow Never Dies (I forget its fake name there, though), then to The World is Not Enough (Wolfram P2K), Agent Under Fire (Wolfram P2K) it skipped Nightfire (still available though, again Wolfram P2K), Everything or Nothing (Walther P99), obviously skipped From Russia With Love, returned in Quantum of Solace (Walther P99), GoldenEye 007/GoldenEye 007 Reloaded (Walther P99) and Blood Stone (Walther P99).
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The only reason I can think of that they go with the P99 is because it has a larger magazine, and they want the game to be more action-packed and focused on Bond's primary weapon (when it's at your disposal) instead of running out of ammo so quick in missions, perhaps for the start of certain levels when that is the only gun at your disposal.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    The only reason I can think of that they go with the P99 is because it has a larger magazine, and they want the game to be more action-packed and focused on Bond's primary weapon (when it's at your disposal) instead of running out of ammo so quick in missions, perhaps for the start of certain levels when that is the only gun at your disposal.
    Or it is for the Bronsnan mission, where that gun was used in that era.

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, true. I don't know much about the game, but it would be nice to see it like that: all gadgets and weapons from each Bond actor will be in their subsequent missions. Thus, I can use a PPK or P99 for Craig and Brosnan, a PPK for Connery, etc.
    I'm still hoping that they will announce more Bond actors.
  • oo7oo7
    @Agent007391
    Bloodstone multiplayer said p99 but used the ppk model. i belived the item select screen just after the speed run used the ppk pickture but in game model of the p99. I know this is kinda over the top looking at stuff but i dont buy bond could walk around with that gun unoticed(the p99).
    Skyfalls trailer shows the ppk coming back and they announced ppk was coming back with gadgets for 007legends.

Also the site has a number of new screen shots(artistic ones anyways, the rest are more or less grabs from the trailer) of the moon raker level.

@livingroyale
    they may bring the old bonds back as skins for multiplayer but no doubt you will have to pay for them. the problem is though this inferior engine.

On the other side of this aliens colonial marines annouced you can play as drake. hudson, hicks and apone. now thats a game to look forward to. also refer to the e3 trailer and askif they are using a third person/first person switch mode?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    oo7 wrote:
    @Agent007391
    Bloodstone multiplayer said p99 but used the ppk model.

The weapon name was P99, the small icon in the corner was of a PPK, but the in-game model of the weapon was the P99. Same in both single- and multiplayer.
    Whens Miss-ion Two announced
    Here's an article from two days ago that talks a little bit about some of the gadgets and multiplayer. I'm not sure how old the news might be:

http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/2097/20120612/007-legends-dev-reveals-skyfall-mission-gadgets.htm

And here is a preview from E3; once again, not sure if this is old:

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/724871/007-legends-gameplay-video-from-e3-2012/
    @oo7 I've been waiting for Aliens: Colonial Marines for years. Hope it's worth the wait when it's released.
  • oo7oo7
    @Agent007391
    prehaps you never played it.
    @thelivingroyale, ive been looking forward to it since avp. i can only hope the game play manages to get a 4 player coop game out for the ghost busters franchise as well. if you check the video i linked for the e3 announcements, do y9uo think they are adding a third person mode to aliens?
    the excitement of 007legends seems to have dried up, the unlocking photos do not seem to be moving forward at all.
    oo7 wrote:
    @Agent007391
    prehaps you never played it.

Actually, I did just a few days ago, and I had the P99. It was still the corner icon for the PPK, but it was the P99. What system do you play it on? I played it on the PS3, so maybe it's console difference thing. I already noticed that certain Trophies/Achievements were easier for me on the PS3 than they were on the 360, and that was the ones I hadn't already gotten.
  • oo7oo7
    Yeah I play on the ps3. in multiplayer the model of the gun is the ppk silenced not the p99. the p99 is only available through single player. both models of gun are rather distinctive. i almost got the gold ppk on multiplayer but without knowing what point it rings off its hard to actually know how many more kills i need.
    it seems impossible to find any videos or pictures of this but i found some forum where a guy was pointing out he had a ppk in multiplayer and wanted to carry it back to singleplayer. I dont think that is possible though.
    Bond is def going back to the ppk for skyfall. so i suspect dr no might be in the game and bond will be forced to return to the ppk through the memory. or in skyfall bond will be told to return to the ppk in homage to dr no. You know now i think about it, if bond dies in this as well as in yolt and spends a stupid amount of time im therapy like thunderball this film might just be another amalgamation of films like die another day.

Update
    PPK in bloodstone
    PPK_bloodstone.jpg
    This is an early screenshot that clearly shows they were going to have it in the single player. It is only available in multiplayer.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 12,837
    @oo7 Yeah AvP was great, but I found the Aliens difficult to control. I think unlike the Predators, they weren't suited to 1st person. Maybe 3rd person for Colonial Marines will make things easier.
  • oo7oo7
    I dont know. I look forward to playing doom 3 hd to get me really in the mood for aliens. i just hope it does not turn out to be a short game
    I'm ready for a new trailer or screenshots.