The Girls' Room

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    You said it, @Germanlady. Over here, in Belgium, it keeps raining all day long. Quite the Summer this. X(
    DarthDimi wrote:
    You said it, @Germanlady. Over here, in Belgium, it keeps raining all day long. Quite the Summer this. X(

This IS really something I have never witnessed before and I am not all THAT sun needy, but this... :( Suippose the climate change starts being noticable everywhere now. Too hot, too rainy - everything but normal.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    According to my grandma it's not all that abnormal. There have been curious weather shifts aeons ago as well.

It's funny though. I find myself, at noon, watching a horror film and it practically feels like I'm watching it at late evening. ;-) Adds to the scariness of course.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    My friends' summer in Florida is a bit unusual, too; even hotter than ever (which makes it dangerous because so much of Florida is a danger for heat exhaustion and heat stroke even in a normal summer). Our summer in my part of Japan is different, less hot and humid so far. So I'm not complaining; summer is my least favorite season (because I only know Florida and Okayama).
    I am longing for autumn.
    Yes, there have been different seasons of the millions of years but with all the catastrophes, it does feel different and slightly scary. Filmes scenarios come to mind.

@4Ever - not ready for autumn without a summer. So far - only reason to look forward to it is Skyfall ;)
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Over here it keeps raining then being sunny. Yesterday it started of sunny, I went out, took the dog for a walk, still sunny. Then I went to the pub for a bit, by the time I came, out, it was pissing it down. Looks like it'll rain again today too. Ah Welsh weather.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2012 Posts: 15,692
    Where's a bit of global warming when you need it ? :(( Here the weather has been very bad for weeks.
    Where's a bit of global warning when you need it ? :(( Here the weather has been very bad for weeks.

I believe, global warming includes all of this. Heat, rain, cold...its more of a global WARNING - that earth doesn't take it anymore and is indeed much more powerful then all of us combined.
    It's been terrible in Connecticut too. Temperatures well over the 90's with a ridiculous amount of humidity. I'm afraid to leave the house this weekend. I'm staying in with the AC cranked on...
    jackdagger wrote:
    It's been terrible in Connecticut too. Temperatures well over the 90's with a ridiculous amount of humidity. I'm afraid to leave the house this weekend. I'm staying in with the AC cranked on...

Yes, I know from my US friends, its the other way around over there. Of course, we share the humidity. The power bills will be extreme with all the AC.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Yeah, the weather is crazy. I am not a fan of heat but this is ridiculous! Raining all day, everyday (today it appears to be better but as I look outside I don't think it will last long). Hopefully by the end of this week I'll be heading home, then south. Then I'll have to worry about too much heat but at least there will be a beach near by :)
    Sandy wrote:
    Yeah, the weather is crazy. I am not a fan of heat but this is ridiculous! Raining all day, everyday (today it appears to be better but as I look outside I don't think it will last long). Hopefully by the end of this week I'll be heading home, then south. Then I'll have to worry about too much heat but at least there will be a beach near by :)

Sounds like a thousant times better. I have unexpected free time till the end of the months and not decided yet, what to do with it or where and if to go some place.

Germanlady wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

Sounds like a thousant times better. I have unexpected free time till the end of the months and not decided yet, what to do with it or where and if to go some place.

Out of NRW, somewhere dry and warm, would be my advice :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sorry to hear about all your weather worries. It is raining here now, which I adore, but it is nice often. Though, there is absolutely nothing to do around here...
    Sorry to hear about all your weather worries. It is raining here now, which I adore, but it is nice often. Though, there is absolutely nothing to do around here...

where are you located?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Germanlady wrote:

where are you located?

The US, in the state of Pennsylvania.
    Its pretty much landscape then?
    Germanlady wrote:

It's hunting territory, and I live in a small town. Let's just say I would be more than out of place in a city...
    Germanlady wrote:

It's hunting territory, and I live in a small town. Let's just say I would be more than out of place in a city...

So you enjoy it? I think, its not a bad place to grow up for sure. As for later on - depends on the person. Do you plan to stay there?

Germanlady wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

So you enjoy it? I think, its not a bad place to grow up for sure. As for later on - depends on the person. Do you plan to stay there?

Hell no. I don't enjoy it very much at all. Like I said, there is nothing to do and most around here annoy me to no end.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I love the countryside, but I like to be within 1 hr train ride of a city. Ideally, I would be in England.
    @Brady - so, what are you planning to do? Move away? How old are you? Quite young, if i remember correctly - are you still at school or studying?
    BTW .- I wish everybody a good week without too much hazzle.
    Hi everyone! Back from holidays, yeah! I hope everyone is doing fine ;)
    I've been following something that for some reason didn't remember sharing here. Am I getting slow? It's definitely a girls room kind of topic! The Pixiwoos, a duo of London-based sister makeup artists who have an immensely popular channel on youtube, are doing a Bond girl series to commemorate the 50 years of Bond and the future release of Skyfall. Three videos so far, all amazing. I already used the Honey Rider one with much success :) I think it's interesting to watch even for those who don't wear makeup frequently or none at all, the Vesper one is particularly impressive because the end result is so close to CR!

[url]<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/7PaW2If-E8Y?version=3&hl=pt_PT"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/7PaW2If-E8Y?version=3&hl=pt_PT"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/url]

[url]<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/aYOstCYHvuI?version=3&hl=pt_PT"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/aYOstCYHvuI?version=3&hl=pt_PT"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/url]

[url]<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/6jl7buLtlKU?version=3&hl=pt_PT"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/6jl7buLtlKU?version=3&hl=pt_PT"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/url]

I'm looking forward to the rest of the videos ;;) Inspiration for the Skyfall premiere.
    Yes, its asmazing, what you can do with make up.

How were the hols?
    That woman is quite lovely, and at the end of her Eva Green tutorial she is utterly mesmerizing and very Vesper-esque.
    Germanlady wrote:

How were the hols?

Short! Had a small accident today at the airport, got my baggage stuck on the mechanic stairs. Crazy as I am I didn't let go, bruises all over one arm, the wheels got ruined so I had to carry a 23kg bag practically without them to the train station , through a bus connection and then home. Result: both legs also bruised. There goes my lovely tan. Doesn't matter, in two weeks I'll be a milk bottle again :D
    That woman is quite lovely, and at the end of her Eva Green tutorial she is utterly mesmerizing and very Vesper-esque.

Isn't it impressive? The first time I looked she fooled me! I thought it was a screen shot of Eva.
    edited August 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Sandy wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

How were the hols?

Short! Had a small accident today at the airport, got my baggage stuck on the mechanic stairs. Crazy as I am I didn't let go, bruises all over one arm, the wheels got ruined so I had to carry a 23kg bag practically without them to the train station , through a bus connection and then home. Result: both legs also bruised. There goes my lovely tan. Doesn't matter, in two weeks I'll be a milk bottle again :D

Isn't it impressive? The first time I looked she fooled me! I thought it was a screen shot of Eva.

So did I!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,894
    I watched all 3 videos, and I didn't realise she was applying makeup. I was distracted by her eyes, whomever she is, she has lovely eyes.
    Good Morning and a good week to all.

I suppose, in the Bond world we are heading towards quite times until the big bang starts.