'Goldeneye 64' Appreciation Thread

Comments

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    BondStu wrote: »
    Greatest videogame ever made.

\m/
    Certainly one of the greatest games + game soundtracks ever. N64 is a killer system.
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    00Agent wrote: »
    BondStu wrote: »
    Greatest videogame ever made.

\m/

Nuff said. ^:)^
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,185
    $-)
    I can't wait to shoot in and out of that.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    It's beautiful :') Hope it gets finished!
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

Never seen this before. I bet Grace picked herself.

That is a great photo!!! :-bd
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 12,993
    Nice, I searched out a couple related images to use for the On This Day thread.

madams_gjones_ge007_chaos_club_aug97.png
    DxYQM3CUYAAdtjn.jpg

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

These related images are great, never seen them before! Would love to have been at that premiere.
    The YouTube user states that he believes this game will be released to the public in 2021. Is it possible that EON has softened on licensing with this and the new IO game?
    Still remains my all time favourite console game! :-bd
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    The YouTube user states that he believes this game will be released to the public in 2021. Is it possible that EON has softened on licensing with this and the new IO game?
    No, the game is going to be released "unofficially".
  • mattjoes wrote: »
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    No, the game is going to be released "unofficially".

I have no idea how this unofficial project is getting released on a major platform, particularly as it's been stopped before, but that's pretty awesome for the gaming world if it is. The upgrade in the details in that "longplay" is remarkable.
    I imagine they'll just surreptitiously release the image file of the game for download, and it'll be presumably playable with an emulator, as in the longplay.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I imagine they'll just surreptitiously release the image file of the game for download, and it'll be presumably playable with an emulator, as in the longplay.

Correct. This isn’t going to be on an actual Xbox console. In the video description he even links the 360 emulator he uses, called “Xenia.” This is a leaked copy of the game that was never intended to see the light of day. That said, I’ll be first in line to download it once it leaks to the general public.
    Personally as I write my review for goldeneye having just played it I dont know if qan XBOX 360 exclusive remaster would of been good for the brand or not I do enjoy the game but little things like suddenly no longer having access to a silenced weapon half way through the game or natalaya having a death wish...

but over all the game is fun my full review will be on the forum today
  • edited February 2021 Posts: 70
    It's already on the internet. If you got a good PC then the Xenia emulator can play it. It's not hard to find. Just don't post links here for safety and legal reasons.
    sfCkcYc.png
  • Gummy wrote: »
    It's already on the internet. If you got a good PC then the Xenia emulator can play it. It's not hard to find. Just don't post links here for safety and legal reasons.
    sfCkcYc.png

I’m trying to launch the game but the emulator keeps crashing. Any suggestions?
    edited February 2021 Posts: 6,718
    Gummy wrote: »
    sfCkcYc.png

I believe the emulator requires the Vulkan API. That might have something to do with it.

Edit: When it crashes, it should generate a .log file in the same folder. You can check it out to see what's causing the crash.
  • mattjoes wrote: »
    sfCkcYc.png

I believe the emulator requires the Vulkan API. That might have something to do with it.

Edit: When it crashes, it should generate a .log file in the same folder. You can check it out to see what's causing the crash.

Thank you for the suggestions, I’ll try doing that now
    sfCkcYc.png

Not sure. Which file did you use to run the game. It should be the default.xex file in the Bean folder.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Are there any other X360 emulators than Xenia? My laptop is missing just one thing it needs to run.
    I have a working Xbox 360 is there a way to transfer the rom to a disc and make it playable on an actual 360?
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I have a working Xbox 360 is there a way to transfer the rom to a disc and make it playable on an actual 360?

I think you have to mod the 360 but it seems like it’s doable
  • RyanRyan Canada

This video is a fantastic overview. It seems like a modded 360 would do the trick. Now that the game is out there I wouldn't be at all surprised if the mod community gets it playable on the current Xbox generation via the developer mode app.
    I just wish the redesign fixed the issues of the original like being able to choose whether the pp7 is silenced or not.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I just wish the redesign fixed the issues of the original like being able to choose whether the pp7 is silenced or not.

And also having the off hand holding the guns, like the AK and sniper rifle. Man I hate how Bond is just touting everything around single handed.