Daniel Craig Olympics Opening

Comments

• edited June 2012 Posts: 5,745
    Gunbarrel wrote:
    I may have missed this part of the conversation, but has anyone considered that we may also be treated to a little "mini" Bond adventure, directed by Danny Boyle, with DC and the Queen, and scored, most likely, by David Arnold. It might include a couple of stunts and maybe a few funny bits before leading to the live event, like what they do with the Oscars these days. Maybe a little "audition" for Danny Boyle if he wanted to do a Bond film in the future. Should be fun. The Olympics are in reality the opening ceremonies for the 50th Anniversary celebreations!

That sounds fun. Just one thing - D. Arnold has stated on his Twitter account that he is in charge of closing ceremonies, not opening. Unless he's covering it up, he likely wouldn't do the soundtrack.
    I wonder if Craig will crack a smile at the end or play the whole thing as if it was Shakespeare.
    VeryBond wrote:
    I wonder if Craig will crack a smile at the end or play the whole thing as if it was Shakespeare.

He will do as the director tells him. Its amazing, how the Craig haters try to find new stupid assumptions and remarks just to trash the man.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 306
    Yeah, those guys really bug me.

It's a perfectly valid and relevant question. Okay, maybe I gave it a little snarky spin, but I see plenty of that on these forums. Craig's reign as Bond is distinguished by his gritty, realistic portrayal of Bond. Do you argue that? Then I say it's a little incongruent and out of "character" for him to do such a splashy - dare I say, campy? - entrance in an Olympics ceremony. It's something Brosnan would be roundly slated for by the DC cultists. I mean, isn't this just the kind of "Old Bond Series" thing you guys hate? Turning a "hired killer" into a cartoon?

So, it makes sense to ask if he's going to lighten up and show some humor while doing it or keep up his more stonefaced portrayal despite the obviously tongue-in-cheek stunt.

Tell me what's wrong with that logic. No?... I didn't think so.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 6,601
    How do you even know, they turn him into a cartoon? How do you know, its gonna be campy? And how do you conviningly forget, that his Bond does indeed have his light moments. So IMO he will give it a smirk, if its apprpriate to what the little film and stunt wants to be.
    And yes, the snarky spin made the post less valid. With mentioning Shakespare you changed your post from question to open critic and and give it a negativ spin already.
    And maybe don't answer your own questions in my name. Thank you.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2012 Posts: 15,692
    Germanlady wrote:
    how the Craig haters try to find new stupid assumptions and remarks just to trash the man.

I see it's acceptable for you to call people's assumptions 'stupid'....

I see you still can't accept any criticism on Craig, even if VeryBond's post was not rude but more comical and funny.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Come on, let's calm down and call a peaceful truce at this point, please.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Yes @4EverBonded, let's get back on topic, and leave name calling to those who can only talk that way, but whine when other people do the same.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 6,601
    Yes @4EverBonded, let's get back on topic, and leave name calling to those who can only talk that way, but whine when other people do the same.

I see, you of all people became an expert on fairness all of a sudden. ;) Knowing, where VeryBond comes from through his posts, I didn't consider it comical or funny. It was just his usual critisism - this time about something we know nothing about yet. It can be all sorts of things for all I know. Funny, serious, exciting and entertaining or even campy. Why not wait till we judge it? Talking about fairness...but yes 4EverBonded - peace.

Plus DC, I would like you to understand that, where there are attacks, there will be supporters and defenders. No attack, no defense needed. They sorta live through each other. Not good, but that's the way it is until we all learn to do it better.
    I take back "stupid"
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 306
    I have no problem with you defending Craig, or even calling me stupid. I just think it's wrong to automatically invalidate my every point by just labeling me a "hater". That's lazy thinking. Once in a while I may actually have a point. Sunshine, dog's behind, etc.

And 90% of the posts on here are about things we don't "know" yet. If it weren't for conjecture, this place would be pretty quiet.
    In any case, I'm more excited about the Benny Hill section of the ceremony - where big-breasted women are chased around by a small lecherous bald man.
    VeryBond wrote:
    I have no problem with you defending Craig, or even calling me stupid. I just think it's wrong to automatically invalidate my every point by just labeling me a "hater". That's lazy thinking. Once in a while I may actually have a point. Sunshine, dog's behind, etc.

And 90% of the posts on here are about things we don't "know" yet. If it weren't for conjecture, this place would be pretty quiet.

No, not lazy . just realistic. For lazy thinking, you have to make a positive comment once in a while.

As much as I love bond, I don't like it. It would have to be played out more then perfectly to work. To much to ask.
    Virage wrote:
    As much as I love bond, I don't like it. It would have to be played out more then perfectly to work. To much to ask.

One thing gives a lot of hope. The Quen has given her approval stamp. Now that should count for something.

Germanlady wrote:
    Virage wrote:

One thing gives a lot of hope. The Quen has given her approval stamp. Now that should count for something.

Well I agree with that. :) But that comment will probaby bring out the anti-monarchists again (I hear the rumbling starting) . Sigh ...

Somone will always rumble ;) Personally I am already thinking about where to watch it best.
    Germanlady wrote:
    Somone will always rumble ;) Personally I am already thinking about where to watch it best.

I seriously need to get my viewing planned. I don't know how I can do it, here in Japan. Anyone know the best internet sites for watching Olympics? I think the rights are blocked, not really available. But I would LOVE to see the entire opening ceremony, especially if our man James makes an appearance.
    I supposse those sides will show up, once it gets nearer.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Germanlady wrote:
    Virage wrote:

Well I agree with that. :) But that comment will probaby bring out the anti-monarchists again (I hear the rumbling starting) . Sigh ...

Here I am ;)
    BBC will broadcast worldwide i would imagine?
    Germanlady wrote:
    Virage wrote:

Here I am ;)

Ah, my dear thelivingroyale! I was expecting you about now. :)
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    I seriously need to get my viewing planned. I don't know how I can do it, here in Japan. Anyone know the best internet sites for watching Olympics? I think the rights are blocked, not really available. But I would LOVE to see the entire opening ceremony, especially if our man James makes an appearance.

I think it highly unlikely you won't be able to see the Olympics online in Japan in some way or another - and it'll surely be on TV, right? After all, they once hosted the thing (*cough* blatant blog plug *cough*)... :p

http://georgesjournal.wordpress.com/2012/04/20/olympic-lore-turning-japanese-the-1964-tokyo-games/

As for this Craig-as-Bond skit/ stunt during the opening ceremony, why the hell not? So long as it's not utterly ridiculous and thus a bit embarrassing, I've no objective. After all, all publicity for Skyfall's got to be good publicity. Well, probably... ;)
    Well, there was hardly any Olympic coverage for the last two I tried to watch here. And it will depend upon the hours/time zone difference of course as I work a long day. I will do my best though! Hoping for internet access for sure.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Personally I don't care about the olympics. I just want to see the Bond-related stuff.
    If all this is really true, it's going to be a huge advertisement for Skyfall.

The question is: will it take place before or after the events of Skyfall?
    If all this is really true, it's going to be a huge advertisement for Skyfall.

The question is: will it take place before or after the events of Skyfall?
    I doubt, it has anything to do with Skyfall. Its about Bond and what he is and means to England.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Very awesome. I hope I can find a way to watch the opening ceremony and see that.
    I think this will without doubt fun to see! :D