Daniel Craig Olympics Opening

Comments

• Gobsmacking news. Brilliant.

So..how long now to a knighthood? :)
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    here is another one.......directed by Danny boyle......

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/danny-boyle-direct-james-bond-short-film/

It's the same story...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm not gonna lie, when I saw the title of this thread I thought it said. daltoncraig to open Olympics. :-j
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote:
    I'm not gonna lie, when I saw the title of this thread I thought it said. daltoncraig to open Olympics. :-j

No, @DC007 is the torch carrier. He pleaded to open the show, but he isn't the current James Bond and all. Just minor technicalities... ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Hopefully ole Rog will be there to light the torch. \:D/
    Not sure what to make of it. Its not a real No, it could mean anything the way, they kept it.

James Bond Honoured To Open Olympic Games
    Daniel Craig says opening the London 2012 Olympics as James Bond would be a great honour - but he's denied filming a sketch in the Buckingham Palace as previously reported.

Speaking to LBC 97.3 on the set of new 007 film Skyfall, the British actor remained vague about rumours there'd been a personal invitation from the Queen.

"When am I getting it? Accordng to the papers, I've got an invitation, I've been, had tea, sat out with the corgis - I've been making a Bond movie for the past 6 months! Its all a bit of...I'm just a bit non-plussed about the whole thing."

The Sun newspaper reported on April 1st Craig and opening ceremony artistic director Danny Boyle have shot a short film that sees 007 at Buckingham Palace being told he is to launch the 2012 games. He's then flown by helicopter to the Olympic stadium and parachutes into Stratford.

When asked further about it by LBC's Showbiz Editor Jo Parkerson Craig admitted "If we were involved it would be an honour it would be great."

And Producer Barbara Broccolli was coy but enthusiastic about any role. "I think we're excited about the Olympics just as everyone else is its a great year to be British" she said.

But Dame Judi Dench - revising her role as M - didn't have a clue! "Who's in it? (Daniel) Is he? Oh he's kept that quiet - are you sure?"

So either Daniel's forgotten to tell her or Judi's a great actress...you decide!! 'Skyfall' is the 23rd Bond movie and is released in UK cinemas on October 26th.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/james-bond-honoured-to-open-olympic-games-53517
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Murdock wrote:

No, @DC007 is the torch carrier. He pleaded to open the show, but he isn't the current James Bond and all. Just minor technicalities... ;)

I'm fine with being the torch carrier :)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    So maybe it was a prank by the Sun? It was a stretch to believe to begin with.
    I'm seriously doubting this is true now. Ah well, I'm sure the olympics will be great anyway.
    Part of me still holds on to it, as he only denied a scetch at Buckingham palace - that doesn't mean all that much. They could have filmed whatever some place else and it wouldn't be a lie.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    The most iconic British movie character in the most iconic British house, with one of the most iconic British persons in the most iconic sports event. Wow!
    If this is true, it is going to be a very good way to release Skyfall. Millions of people will be watching James Bond in action. If that is the case this Bond Movie is going to win a lot of money.
    But I doubt its true. Probably a joke or a prank.Or maybe not.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Ahh, looks like this wasn't some sort of subterfuge.
    There could be something to this, then. Really good news. :D
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    But would the Queen pretend to knight a literary character just for the sake of a games opening cerimony?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Sandy wrote:
    But would the Queen pretend to knight a literary character just for the sake of a games opening cerimony?

James Bond is a British institution ! and I'm sure the Queen would have a lot of fun filming such scene, which will become an instant classic.

Wasn't there something about Bond turning down a knighthood in the The Man With The Golden Gun novel? Or was it that agents couldn't accept it?

Maybe after 50 years of service Bond and the Queen think otherwise? ;)
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Wasn't there something about Bond turning down a knighthood in the The Man With The Golden Gun novel? Or was it that agents couldn't accept it?

Maybe after 50 years of service Bond and the Queen think otherwise? ;)

Also, didn't Bond not want to get knighted in one of the continuation novels ?

I have no idea about that. I've only read a few and know very little about the post-Fleming works.
    I think this would be some great publicity for our boy Bond! And a great bit of fun too! :-bd
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    As The Queen knights Bond, her hand slips and lops off his head. As it turns out, Bond doesn't just act like the Terminator, he is one.

I could picture that scene perfectly. ;)
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Wasn't there a knighting scene in one of the Johnny English films?
    Sandy wrote:
    Wasn't there a knighting scene in one of the Johnny English films?

2nd film :)

James Bond doesn't accept knighthoods.
    Bounine wrote:
    James Bond doesn't accept knighthoods.

He will this time :)

I've said it before, and I say it again:

It's David Tennant who should be the final torch carrier.
    Gerard wrote:

NOT the right thing to say on a Bond board [-X
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Germanlady wrote:
    Gerard wrote:

Why not?

It's cool about Bond being knighted though, reminds me a bit of Johnny English.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Germanlady wrote:
    Gerard wrote:

Why not?

It's cool about Bond being knighted though, reminds me a bit of Johnny English.

I like Tennant. But thinking of Britain, the UK, and the world: many more people around the globe would know Bond, not as many Dr. Who. And Bond is really iconic. Any other ideas who are actually being considered for the final torch bearer? I love the Olympics; I so wish I could be in London this summer!