Daniel Craig Olympics Opening

Comments

Its a great honor for Craig to do this
    If Bond was to feature in the Olympic opening ceremony in some way? I welcome it! Why not! It's a fun thing to do and lets just celebrate a good year especially here in the UK!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    This sentence gives me hope there may be a ring of truth to this:

A Buckingham Palace spokesman said, "Buckingham Palace is involved in a number of filming projects during this special Jubilee year and we would not go into details of any particular project until nearer the time of transmission."
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Humm, I don't know. Could it be that it was the coolest April's Fools lie and people bought it?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Sandy wrote:
    Humm, I don't know. Could it be that it was the coolest April's Fools lie and people bought it?

Of course it could. We'll just have to wait and see what the outcome is.

I will say though, London hosting the Olympics, the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and Bond turning 50, it would be a shame not to mark all three in the same way somehow.

This year, should make me proud to be British and this would go a long way to showing off the UK in fine form, to the entire world.
    Kerim wrote:

It sounds extremely epic, not mention would bring about 1 Billion people's attention to Bond. Biggest marketing campaign of all time?
    If it happens it will be good as Bond character is quintessentially British.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Kerim wrote:

It sounds extremely epic, not mention would bring about 1 Billion people's attention to Bond. Biggest marketing campaign of all time?
    Or just a really good April fool's joke!!!!!! Put me down in that category...happy to be proven wrong though ;)
    What a playground for him... B-)
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    edited April 2012 Posts: 2,252
    I was a bit sceptical looking at the date too...they've done a good job spreading the word. It will be fantastic if it was true. Here is the article in Australia:
    http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/queen-asks-james-bond-to-open-london-olympics/story-e6frfmvr-1226315828619

News corp owned site as well.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 5,745
    I just asked @DavidGArnold on twitter:

Me -

'Hey! Can you confirm whether or not the Games start with Danny boy Craig as Bond getting his mission from Her Majesty?'

and Arnold replied -

'I m doing closing and ParalympiCs closing.not involved in opening.'

I've asked him if it sounds plausible, so I'll keep you posted!

Its also being reported everywhere on twitter that he is indeed opening. If he's not, Eon better cook something up, quick!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    This alone is all the marketing SF needs. SF is going to be epic!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes, just read it on Yahoo headline story (they have extremely stupid "news" stories, but it is on there now). I say, cheers! Looks like DC Bond will be there for the opening. I just wish I were!
    A friend just wrote this:

Well I'm on board now! I's just scoured The Sun, and they have come clean to a completely different story as being their April Fools Prank!

So - its gonna happen \:D/
    Germanlady wrote:

Well I'm on board now! I's just scoured The Sun, and they have come clean to a completely different story as being their April Fools Prank!

That's great news! Worldwide publicity for Bond, makes the Olympics much more interesting. Glad it wasn't a prank, could've made me look a bit foolish.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 6,601
    Well, that*s just IMBD - they are not known to know stuff, that is happening now. They are only good, when it comes to things, that are over. And they way, they wrote it, you can see, its just a guessing game like we did - no actual knowledge.

I stand my ground - its valid.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 128
    The Guardian is reporting it here. The article is dated April 2. It also says the film will be shown during the BBC's coverage of the opening ceremony. So it may not be a part of the ceremony proper - just something used by the BBC to open their broadcast- which sounds more plausible.

If this isn't an April Fools joke, someone may want to kick the publicist over the timing of this story.
  • Cipher wrote:
    The Guardian is reporting it here. The article is dated April 2. It also says the film will be shown during the BBC's coverage of the opening ceremony. So it may not be a part of the ceremony proper - just something used by the BBC to open their broadcast- which sounds more plausible.

If this isn't an April Fools joke, someone may want to kick the publicist over the timing of this story.

Link's not working. When I clicked on it, the site said the story had been removed.

Well i have looked through the Sun today and there is no sign of it being an april fools joke? So thats a nice summertime bonus for us fans! :-bd
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 6,601
    I am sure, its genuine, but I ask myself now - will the parachute jump be in the film or will they switch from film to presence, where the jump takes part. I imagine the latter...
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Germanlady wrote:

Thanks for the update Germanlady! Excited for the summer :)

• edited April 2012 Posts: 371
    Ok, I'll type this again as it's disappeared...

I can't see any way contractually, that EON would let the star of a hundred million dollar movie get involved filming anything like this while in the middle of shooting Skyfall, think about the insurance issues for one thing.

And given all the recent activity, not one single picture, anywhere, tweeted or blogged or anything else of James Bond jumping out of a helicpopter, in London, how did they manage that?

I can't see any way contractually, that EON would let the star of a hundred million dollar movie get involved filming anything like this while in the middle of shooting Skyfall, think about the insurance issues for one thing.

And given all the recent activity, not one single picture, anywhere, tweeted or blogged or anything else of James Bond jumping out of a helicpopter, in London, how did they manage that?

Maybe they haven't done it yet. And we all seem to under-estimate the power of special effects (if Craig doesn't actually do it at the opening).
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:

Maybe they haven't done it yet. And we all seem to under-estimate the power of special effects (if Craig doesn't actually do it at the opening).

The article said it was filmed Tuesday last week, both at the Palace and the Helicopter scene, I just can't see it, and I think it would be great, I'd love to see Bond opening the Olympics in London, I just think the timing is all wrong.

And it was in The Sun, on April 1st.... :-q
    w2bond wrote:
    I was a bit sceptical looking at the date too...they've done a good job spreading the word. It will be fantastic if it was true. Here is the article in Australia:
    http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/queen-asks-james-bond-to-open-london-olympics/story-e6frfmvr-1226315828619

News corp owned site as well.

That's the thing, most of the sites that originally posted it are owned by newscorp. It would be cool but I doubt it's true tbh.
    Color me shocked, I would have never thought this story was real. But a lot of news agencies are picking up on it and I'm beginning to believe!!!! I'll definitely be catching that opening...
  • here is another one.......directed by Danny boyle......

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/danny-boyle-direct-james-bond-short-film/
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Germanlady wrote:

I was right! I hope this goes off then!!! <:-P