Bond 23 007 car

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2011 Posts: 15,690
    Bond is about exotic cars... Not re-using the same one over and over again... Would you want Bond to travel to the same city over and over again ?
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    A Maestro gets my vote. :-)
    It is too early to revisit the DB5. Bond just won it from Dimitrios in the Bahamas and I am sure it was kept by Her Majesty's Treasury. He won't be driving it around in private, as Brosnan-Bond did in TWINE, unless he has to visit New Providence/Bahamas again, where I am sure it will wait for him.
    Except Bond was basically "off the clock" when he won it.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Did you hear James May on Top Gear tonight ?? The new Aston Martin Virage is a "pointless" Sports Car.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Well, that's May's intrepetation, although you might wonder why they bothered with it as it fills a gap that isn't there IMO. Still, it's the best looking car in production. And if I had the money I'd probably buy the DB9 instead.
    Aston Martin DBS Update Coming Late 2012

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/52115/aston-martin-dbs-update-coming-late-2012-report

I think we have our car.
    agreed
    It has to be that new 2013 DBS mentioned above...the stars have definitely aligned for that ;-)

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/52115/aston-martin-dbs-update-coming-late-2012-report

I think we have our car.
    -1 point for B23... 4 consecutive movies where the car looks the same... Ugh the series is getting stale.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited July 2011 Posts: 13,894
    DC, you do actually have a point there, though I think that Aston cars have not really evoled in looks since the DB7. Yes they'e changed, but not as much as you'd think in 17 years. I'm all for Bond using another marque.
  • The Jag XKR is super cool but Bond without an Aston - really? I'd prefer him to have a Jag or a chicken.

I think we have our car.
    -1 point for B23... 4 consecutive movies where the car looks the same... Ugh the series is getting stale.

Just because Bond drives another Aston Martin doesn't make the series stale. The Aston Martin is James Bond's car (at least in the films). I think of it as somewhat iconic; keeping up with the tradition and all that. It also helps that I find Aston Martins very stylish.

Would I be opposed to Bond driving another car, however? Of course not! I liked Moore's Lotus Esprit and even Brosnan's BMW Z8 in The World Is Not Enough. (BMW gets some hate here but I think the Z8 was a very nice car.)

But the Bond series getting stale because he's driving Aston Martins? Come on DaltonCraig! I know you have better arguments than that!!!!! ;-)

But the Bond series getting stale because he's driving Aston Martins? Come on DaltonCraig! I know you have better arguments than that!!!!! ;-)
    That's not the problem... The problem is that all the Aston Martin's of the last 10 years look IDENTICAL... This is like Bond films being filmed in the same location for 4 straight movies... The franchise IS getting stale, that's the truth... Seriously I've had enough of that car... Yes, Aston Martin is iconic to Bond... But if they can't be arsed to make different looking cars, well don't use their cars anymore until they come up with a new design... Some people really amuse me... "Ohhh Yessss, Craig's films are so great because they don't consist of the same tired formula..." WELL YOU'VE JUST MADE YOUR OWN CLICHED FORMULA... Same car, same foot chase to open the films.... Stop making more rubbish and revert back to more traditional films... They were better, the formula was better...

That's not the problem... The problem is that all the Aston Martin's of the last 10 years look IDENTICAL... This is like Bond films being filmed in the same location for 4 straight movies... The franchise IS getting stale, that's the truth... Seriously I've had enough of that car... Yes, Aston Martin is iconic to Bond... But if they can't be arsed to make different looking cars, well don't use their cars anymore until they come up with a new design... Some people really amuse me... "Ohhh Yessss, Craig's films are so great because they don't consist of the same tired formula..." WELL YOU'VE JUST MADE YOUR OWN CLICHED FORMULA... Same car, same foot chase to open the films.... Stop making more rubbish and revert back to more traditional films... They were better, the formula was better...
    When you say more traditional films? Which ones do you speak of? I'm also very curious to know how you rank your Bond films, DaltonCraig. I have a feeling your list would be mine upside down. :-D

And I do see what you are saying about the actual design of the car; it hasn't changed much...not at all if one is not big on cars. And I wouldn't mind in the slightest if they put Craig in a different car! I can't agree that the Aston Martin has become boring, however.

Do I think the series has turned into a tired formula with the help of the similar looking Aston Martins, though?

I can't say I do.
    Well IMO, it means EON hasn't been arsed to find another cool looking car for the last 4 films, and keeps playing it safe with the same car over and over again... @SJK91
    Well IMO, it means EON hasn't been arsed to find another cool looking car for the last 4 films, and keeps playing it safe with the same car over and over again... @SJK91
    They did have that multi-picture deal with Ford...I'm not sure if Aston Martin was part of that deal of not....

But maybe since that deal expired with QOS, that we'll get a different type of car! And like I said, I wouldn't mind it at all if Bond drove something different.
    I hope they expand the cars a local blend in car and a MORGAN! :)
    @SJK91 As for more traditional films - MR, DAF, YOLT, TMWTGG, TB !! Those are the best !! :-bd
    so you want a bored bond, a giant killer that finds love?
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 1,310
    @SJK91 As for more traditional films - MR, DAF, YOLT, TMWTGG, TB !! Those are the best !!
    Strange that three of those films you mentioned (MR, DAF and TMWTGG) are in my bottom five Bond films with The Man with the Golden Gun being my absolute least favorite. Oh DC007, the times we would have debating the Bond movies ;-)

I will give you TB, though.

Anyway, relating to the topic thread, I think my most favorite non-Aston Martin I'd like to see Bond drive is the Bentley Continental GT. Very, very sharp car with Fleming roots. (Bond's Bentleys in the books)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    With the new DBS out until 2015 or 2016, I think we can take that as it being in at least two or even three films.
    With the new DBS out until 2015 or 2016, I think we can take that as it being in at least two or even three films.
    What next ? Use 6 consecutive times the same Bond girl ? Or 6 consecutive times the same location ? There are so many great cars out there. How about a Bentley, Lotus or Jaguar ?

EON is ever so close of running out of ideas.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I'm not too fussed about what THEE Bond car will be but I would like to see Bond drive his db5 around a little bit in similar faashion to Brosnan leaving Cambridge in TND.
  • Hi there new to the forum. I believe the Lotus Esprite has been muted as possible replacement as Aston are now asking too much money to have their cars in the film. I also have read that BMW are keen to feature in the new one now Ford's tie up has come to an end also. The Lotus would be perfect and a nod to iconic eighties esprite.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @XKWizard

Welcome to our forum! I'm sure you'll have a pleasant stay here. Please leave us a few details about yourself here:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/13/new-members-introduce-yourself/p11#Item_318
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Aston of course. Why would Craig's Bond part with it now?
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    What next ? Use 6 consecutive times the same Bond girl ? Or 6 consecutive times the same location ? There are so many great cars out there. How about a Bentley, Lotus or Jaguar ?

EON is ever so close of running out of ideas.
    What, Andrea Anders again!?!? no thanks! Aston's age better ;-)

Anyway, I understand why people would like to see another car. For me, the beauty hasn't withered a bit, keep 'm.
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 4,622
    In the first two Brozzer Bonds we see that Bond has an Aston Martin, for what seems his personal use, early in the films, but later he is outfitted with new field BMWs for his missions. This is one way to work in both the Aston and another car.
    In the GE novelization we learn that Bond has purchased the Aston for his own personal use.
    We definitely saw the Aston company car again in DAD, when it was visible that is.
    Hmmm, as much as I love the Aston, we've had it for the last three movies. For appreciative purposes, I'd prefer to see something different.
    I think a unique and classy care to see would be the Porsche Panamera:

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2008/11/Porsche-Panamera.jpg
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Well, except for the fact that the back end of the panamera looks like a dog taking a dump...

for me, there's two options.

1) image

Come on. I't even photographed at AVTAK's Chantilly!

2) why not do an "octopussy" in between? E.g. bond stealing a car? I loved the Alfa GTV6, and even the Benz 280-bit was fun, and to top it off that way you can step away for the astons for a bit...
This discussion has been closed.