Bond 23 007 car

Comments

• edited May 2011 Posts: 16
    Why not the Cygnet? Hey, it's an Aston Martin :-))

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aston_Martin_Cygnet
    Oh no! Bond may not get there first in a chase (unless Q has got a hold of it), but will have the best gas mileage!!

If Bond is looking for a sportscar, there's either the new Lotus Esprit (last used by Sir Roger in For your eyes only).

Alternatively, there's the McLaren MP4-12C (would make a change from the Astons which have mainly looked almost identical over the last 15 years):

If it's a more traditional Bond motor, how about the elegant Bentley Brooklands?

I'd say that a Bond motor has to be British! :)
    I quite like the new Esprit! Gorgeous car, that.

If Bond were to drive a Bentley, why not go with a model that was one of his favourites in the novels? Since the Continental seems to be frowned upon due to its association with rappers, I would say put him in the new Mulsanne.

Photobucket
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    For Bond 23, it will surely be the Aston Martin.. But which Aston Martin? I'm hoping they will stick to the DBS, but I have some doubts abt that... From a marketing point, Aston Martin would want Bond to promote their latest model... The Virage or One-77 comes to mind.....
    http://www.entmontage.de/bilder/galerie/2cv_007_004g.jpg

and yes it was nice chase scene :-)

hmm - what about a horse? Yes just good old way of transport - why not to include the chase scene oriented about hmm London Olympics? Maybe Bond chasing someone near Greenwich Park, and borrowing a horse?

• 1) Mini Cooper - why not :-) ?
    - Stormbreaker/The Bourne Identity

The Italian Job ('69).
    Austin Powers in Goldmember.
    Granny Olive - next door (2011)

edited June 2011 Posts: 972
    Double post
    edited June 2011 Posts: 972
    I'm really confident it will be this Aston Martin... The Virage... It really says James Bond all over it... Though it looks close to the DBS they've been using, both cars are entirely different.. >>>

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I am tired of Aston Martin's !! They've all looked the same since the end of the 90's !! Unless they bring a new design to the table... out out out !!
    Haha.. But EON and the producers has rights towards the Aston Martin I believe.. I'm not sure when that contract expires, so yeah, expect to see the Aston Martin being driven by Bond in Bond 23.. Unless something drastic happens, it is sure to be an Aston Martin...
  • to be honest this would be JB's car, you know it's the logical choice.

http://www.pulpfictionwallets.com/images/umawagon.jpg
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I am tired of Aston Martin's !! They've all looked the same since the end of the 90's !! Unless they bring a new design to the table... out out out !!
    Wow DC are you suggesting tampering with a traditional Bond element? :-"
    I think that due to the fact MGM and EON are looking for alot in product placement, Bond has 3 realistic options.
    The first is a brand new Aston Martin, either a new DB9/DBS, a Vantage (V12 of course) or a performance version of the Virage. Given the relationship it had with Ford, they can bring in Ford cars in India, South Africa and etc, or have Aston put down more cash and get a new DBS more gadgets and screen time. Also, it could always roll out the Lagonda marque if its ready.
    The second and most appealing for the auto maker, is Bentley. A new Continental brings Bond full circle to his roots, but it means opening for a Bond baddie in a Bugatti, Audi, Lambo, Porsche, with Audis and Volks and even Suzukis spotted here and there.
    Third, and equally cool, the new Lotus Esprit sprinkled with the odd appearance of a Proton. Less heft as Lotus hasnt really had a good GT in a few years.
    Considering the latest rumor perhaps no car for bond 23 and a Motor Cycle for a change?
  • Considering the latest rumor perhaps no car for bond 23 and a Motor Cycle for a change?
    PB had a BMW, DC had one in QofS - bikes are for chavs not a gentleman. It'll prob be an eco-friendly electric bike no doubt.

I just don't see the need for a car in every bond film? Thunderball didn't have one and it was a classic (ok the Aston martin was there for 5 seconds) From Russia with love Live and Let Die all classics no car License to kill no car (and a film always in my top 5)
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Wow DC are you suggesting tampering with a traditional Bond element? :-"
    lmao...

anyways.... my ideas would be.....

Aston Martin Virage - maybe this time, switch it up and go convertible..
    http://www.motorcarhome.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Aston-Martin-Virage-Headlight-View-Pictures.jpg

Bentley Continental GT
    http://www.bentleymotors.com/media/med/Libraries/1/New_GT_4a_3.jpg

BMW M3
    http://www.lasvegassportscarrentals.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/BMW-M3-Coupe.jpg

Lotus Evora
    http://www.zercustoms.com/news/images/Lotus/Lotus-Evora-13.jpg

Jaguar XKR
    http://img2.netcarshow.com/Jaguar-XKR-S_2009_1024x768_wallpaper_06.jpg

Mercedes SLK
    http://www.benzworld.org/forums/attachments/general-mercedes-benz/239071d1242413688-2012-mercedes-slk-gullwing-mercedes3.jpg

i love the look of the gunmetal color, so they definitely need to stick with that... it's an elegant, but tough look..
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 565
    Aston Martin
    Jaguar
    or the new Lotus

...other than that, no thanks. I don't know why, but I can't stand the Bentleys...not a single one.
    the DBS or 6.0L V12 VANTAGE

• Aston Martin
    Jaguar
    or the new Lotus

...other than that, no thanks. I don't know why, but I can't stand the Bentleys...not a single one.
    I love the Jag but most likely because it looks very similar to an Aston Martin...

I don't like the Bentleys either...they look too block-y and "old man" (albeit incredibly wealthy older man) to me. My preference is for an Aston Martin.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2011 Posts: 15,690
    V12 Vanquish

DB9 Coupé/Volante

V8/V12 Vantage

DBS V12

Rapide

Models since 2001... Very repetitive... I don't want to see another Aston Martin in a Bond film until they can find a new design.

@DaltonCraig why you can't improve on perfection.......
    edited July 2011 Posts: 15,690
    @DaltonCraig why you can't improve on perfection.......
    Why not keep remaking FRWL over and over again, then ? You can't improve on perfection...

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited July 2011 Posts: 4,399
    Photobucket

or why not...

Photobucket

you can't improve on perfection!! ~:>
    @ EVERYONE

FRWL is NOT perfection
    and those cars aren't perfection there ______ ____
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 638
    Haha.. But EON and the producers has rights towards the Aston Martin I believe.. I'm not sure when that contract expires, so yeah, expect to see the Aston Martin being driven by Bond in Bond 23.. Unless something drastic happens, it is sure to be an Aston Martin...
    The contract was with Ford (who owned Aston Martin until just a couple years ago) and it was for 3 films which expired with QoS. As of yet, we have not heard of a new contract with EON and a car company.

A couple years ago there were rumors of Jaguar making an XF coupe, but unfortunately those seemed to have died off
    I dont want another AM but a MORGAN or something native be it Indian or South African. Grumpert? :)
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 820
    I dont want another AM but a MORGAN or something native be it Indian or South African. Grumpert? :)
    Pale theres Aston Martin in South Africa & India now. We want to see another Aston Martin Bond 23 for the 50th Anniversary year. Man some people want the Aston Martin not to be in it. But I do in first choice. >:p :-@
  • oh come on are we all bored of the DB5? Of course not. How can you be tired of the most beautiful car in the world?

Really be realistic. The only car I would consider to replace the AM is the Jag XKR or a piece of fruit.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    It is too early to revisit the DB5. Bond just won it from Dimitrios in the Bahamas and I am sure it was kept by Her Majesty's Treasury. He won't be driving it around in private, as Brosnan-Bond did in TWINE, unless he has to visit New Providence/Bahamas again, where I am sure it will wait for him.
This discussion has been closed.