Bond 23 007 car

Comments

• edited October 2011 Posts: 5,745
    My vote :) (Weismann)

^ When that photo loaded you gave me a heart attack thank you!!
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    We are looking for a car for James Bond, not Jay-Z you know that right?
    Thats a tradition 60's British car, right thur ^^ @MartinBond. Reference: Top Gear.

And besides. Its effing beautiful. If it didn't have the rims, it'd be perfect.
    ^ When that photo loaded you gave me a heart attack thank you!!
    I hope that's a good thing, yes?

No it was all my primary school nightmares in about 10 microseconds..
    yes the Weismann or a Morgan!!!
    It's built in Germany, by germans and it's got the engine from a BMW M3. How on earth can it be English?

And even if it was, it's to flashy and unpractical for a bond car. Yes, I know that maserati's and Aston Martin's arent exactly the world's most forgettable cars, but giving Bond a Wiesmann is just pointless. why not paint it gold as well?

Anyway, in a feel-good mood, I am suggesting 2 completely unthinkable cars, just for the sake of giving fellow-citizen Victor Muller a hand:

Just for the sheer hell of it, and for the "insiders" joke of it being his own car in the Gardner era. And because i love it.

Now, on a more serious note: actually, it isn't. just for fun.

It's fast, sleek, and Dutch.

AWESOME.
    Jaguar just unveiled its new C-X16 concept car, if this goes into production it would be perfect for Bond.
    I couldn't agree with you more but it will be great to see 007 in Jaguar for once only yes with gadgets.

• edited September 2011 Posts: 5,745
    It's built in Germany, by germans and it's got the engine from a BMW M3. How on earth can it be English?
    .. Sorry.. meant styled like a classic British car. Even resembles the ol' Aston a bit.

See the resemblance?

That second car you posted is quite the beauty, on the other hand..

And I know the baddies were just driving this company in QoS, but Clarkson did say it is the most beautiful car in the world.. and well...
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited September 2011 Posts: 13,894
    That 8C is one fine looking car. Though i'd love to see a TZ-2 in a Bond film at one point. It could be Bonds own personal car, kept in a lock up and enviously maintained by a mechanic.
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 77
    Hi!-I think the Bentley from the 1930's should appear again;-and, it is a hobby of his' that is going to be accidented by the villain in hot pursuit somewhere in France, possibly going to Deauville-classic style...!
    wshrp
    Got a new one for ya, another alfa romeo. To backtrack:

My first pick, the alfa 8c.

This is the new 4c:

And then to compare and contrast (8c first, 4c second):

Whataya think?
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    I think that the designers at Alfa Romeo currently make the most beautiful cars in the world. For Bond, the 8c is better suited, as it is larger and looks more masculine. This one is too affordable, too small and too Lotus Elise and would be better suited for a female character.
    I think that the designers at Alfa Romeo currently make the most beautiful cars in the world. For Bond, the 8c is better suited, as it is larger and looks more masculine. This one is too affordable, too small and too Lotus Elise and would be better suited for a female character.
    I agree with you completely. I wish alfa romeo was more popular, heck even known of in the states. I would love to get my hands on one of these.

And secondly agreed, the 8c does suit Bond better. It gets sexier and sexier the more I look at it.

How would you guys feel if Bond drove an alfa for the next 20 some features? Granted their designers keep up the work :P

• Have you ever talked to someone who owns a Morgan? They're nothing like Bond. He shouldn't ever get in one.

I think Astons should stay. As for the Alfa, that would be great for an enemy, or an Italian rival character. The thing about Bond is that he's British (generally speaking), and he belongs in a British car. Sure, Aston Martin is owned by Germans, and they're made in Austria or something, but they've maintained the British physique. The Lotus Elite (2015) would be a suitable car for Bond, but until then, Aston should remain. Bentleys are starting to show their VW German-ness too much, and they're too soft.

Forget about the Brosnan BMW phase. That was stupid.

Below is the Lotus. What do you think?

http://www.thedetroitbureau.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/2015-Lotus-Elite-side.jpg

I'd love to see a cameo from the 1967 Aston Martin DBS V8 that Lazenby drove. I like the look of it more than the DB5 (opinion).
  • Alfa Romeo 8c would be great even an older alfas would be great from in Turkey or India:

1995 Alfa Romeo 155

http://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2009/09/06/09/11/1995_alfa_romeo_155-pic-4933193608440879080.jpeg

Alfa Romeo Giulia

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/attachments/sedan-1963-1974/72359d1184094750-please-help-me-identify-grill-alfa-romeo-giulia-super-1973.jpg
    How could you possibly see Bond driving in a '95 155 in this day and age? I don't mean to be mean, I'm just utterly confused. As for the Giulia, you should be looking at the '59 Veloce Spider. Probably the prettiest Alfa ever made. Rare too.

http://images56.fotki.com/v713/photos/5/1648835/8840694/AlfaRomeoGiuliettaSpiderVeloce1-vi.jpg

Start singing the 'Baby Come Back" song in your head as you scroll down:

I like the second one. No silly body kit. :)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Jaguar just unveiled its new C-X16 concept car, if this goes into production it would be perfect for Bond.
    But it looks JUST LIKE an Aston.

imageimage
    Oddly enough, as they have the same father (Ian Callum). Still, like C-X16 and wouldn't be against it,seems it has smoe proper performance, even though it's a Prius +.

Prefer the Aston though.

Of what was said above: love the Alfa 8C, problem is, it's an Alfa. Yes, they still rake down that often. (not that I'm personnally nop looking for an affordable 156.. ;) )

The Spyker is a lovely car indeed, and should be considered. However, I think it's been around for too long, and it isn't a true GT car.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    The 2015 Lotus Elite is too soft around the edges, it's a girl's car and it does not look expensive. Could as well be some Japanese marque. As much as I love the 1977 Esprit, but this Lotus is not Bond material.
  • Gun metal Aston is the way to go with a car chase involving the streets of Istanbul or a fast bike through Delhi .
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 289
    AM= lazy boring.......ZZZZZZZZZZZ they put me to sleep....bored of them. Something other than AM PLEASE!!! Heck how about a non-supercar...? maybe a jeep or land rover considering the rocky areas they might be filming in? That is why i suggested the two Alfas i did...USED cars...something other than just off the show room clean car out in the desert.

Didnt the contract with AM end anyways?
    Start singing the 'Baby Come Back" song in your head as you scroll down:

I like the second one. No silly body kit. :)
    This which Timothy Dalton drove in The Living Daylights but Minichamps was to release it couple of months ago but always post pinning it all the time but it still on develop.
    AM= lazy boring.......ZZZZZZZZZZZ they put me to sleep....bored of them. Something other than AM PLEASE!!! Heck how about a non-supercar...? maybe a jeep or land rover considering the rocky areas they might be filming in? That is why i suggested the two Alfas i did...USED cars...something other than just off the show room clean car out in the desert.

Now come on just once more then he can switch to something else after Bond 23.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

Wheras you seem to find them boring, I still find them exciting, classy cars. And one of the few brands that fit Bond. Where else will you get an high class GT? They all build 'sportscars' nowedays. Even Aston.

Bond has driven cars that were different when the situation asked for it. Look at CR, It's a Ford Focus in the Bahamas, or QoS, where he drives a Ford Pantzertrain or something when he leaves the desert hotel. But thse aren't his 'standard issued' cars.
    Bond has driven cars that were different when the situation asked for it. Look at CR, It's a Ford Focus in the Bahamas, or QoS, where he drives a Ford Pantzertrain or something when he leaves the desert hotel. But thse aren't his 'standard issued' cars.

Haha the QoS hotel car was a ford eos I think, a fuel cell suv that he 'borrowed' from Greene.

In QoS, he drives the same ford from CR at the beginning of the theater sequence.

I agree, Bond should blend. I just hope they keep it sensible.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I want Aston Martins still, complete with Q mods.
    edited September 2011 Posts: 858

In QoS, he drives the same ford from CR at the beginning of the theater sequence.
    Actually that was Volvo S40, maybe a T5 Sport model by the rear spoiler (:

Actually that was Volvo S40, maybe a T5 Sport model by the rear spoiler (:
    ORLY. Good eye. It flashes for like literally 0.3524 seconds before cutting away, and the car is far away and in the dark. I hope Volvo didn't pay them too much for that shot :P

Good eye.

That's what you get when you're a car-nut. And my ex-gf's dad had one, so you can imagine why I remember it so well (;
    Yeah it was definitely the Volvo S40 T5... I almost bought one, but the handling was pretty wonky on it. Ford owned Volvo, Land Rover, Jaguar, and Aston Martin at the time. This is why we saw Bond in a number of Fords, Ranger Rovers, the S40, Villains in XJs, and Bond with the DBS. Funny thing, Ford doesn't own any of those companies anymore. Tata owns Jag and Land Rover, Aston is owned by a British/German racing company, and Volvo is owned by a chinese company.
This discussion has been closed.