Bond 23 007 car

Comments

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Hmmm, as much as I love the Aston, we've had it for the last three movies. For appreciative purposes, I'd prefer to see something different.
    I think a unique and classy care to see would be the Porsche Panamera:

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2008/11/Porsche-Panamera.jpg
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not that ugly beast of a car from the most unimaginitive carcompany since the Ford came up with the idea that everybody ought to have the same vehicle! No! There's no class in any Porsche. Bond should never drive a stretch-beetle, ever!

that's just my twopence ;-)

Don't like the new Jag either. Don't know what's gotten into Ian Callum, but this isn't good. The old one I did like though (Jag, that is). Nope, I'm afraid there isn't much choice around these days, as I guess a Spyker is out of the question too.

Your entitled to your opinion, but the Panamera is a unique, classy car.

Anyways, a Maserati GranTurismo in blue or light silver would be sharp. Or a white Audi R8.
    Hmm Porsche Panamera? Something like with "best dad" sign on back?

Yes it is nice car, but in my opinion just targeted to the guys who drive Porsche, and need more space for family. Don't treat this bad, but it is nothing that I want to see in Bond films...
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 1,856
    ^well considering 22 films x about 2 a film theres at LEAST a 1:44 Chance
  • @Agent05 - Precisely.
  • I think they should definetely bring Q back and use the new Jaguar XJ as a 'Q' car.
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    Your entitled to your opinion, but the Panamera is a unique, classy car.

Anyways, a Maserati GranTurismo in blue or light silver would be sharp. Or a white Audi R8.
    The Maserati GranTurismo is absolutely amazing. That car was made for Bond.

• DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited August 2011 Posts: 1,347
    If not, then stick to the Aston Martin :)
    I still say they need to not use an aston martin maybe use a vintage car, a "native" car, land rover defender or MORGAN!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    You'd think Bond would drive a car familiar to the area he's in(as @Char35t stated) so as not to attract unwanted attention.
    the new lotus would be good
    that would be great actually, him struggling with a lemon or well wore relic would be awesome!
    The Aston Martin DBS shouldn't be retired, but it shouldn't be left as is.

Craig's Bond has made the DBS his car, much like Connery had the DB5. Moore had the Lotus Esprit, Dalton had the Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Lazenby had the Aston Martin DBS V8, and Brosnan had a series of BMWs (Z3, 750i, Z8) and the Aston Martin Vanquish -- but they never bonded like Connery did. No pun intended.

The DBS is in need of a facelift. Yes, it's a beautiful car, but it could be more beautiful. Currently, it's based off of the DB9, which is coming close to kicking 10 years old. The DB9 feels old and worn out, which is part of the reason why Aston rolled out the Virage. Bond, however, can't drive the new Virage. Driving the Virage would mean a step down in power and price from the DBS, and it's nowhere near as sporty as the DBS - it's more of a GT car.

With the DB9 getting ready to kick the bucket, Aston should be revealing the production spec models of the DB9(2) and the DBS(2) at next year's Geneva Motor Show. What better way for Aston to gain publicity, and Bond to gain style points, than to put him in an all new DBS. I trust the Aston designers, and the design would stay true to the current model, so I think this is the best plan.

Bond shouldn't go back to Bentleys, like he did in Carte Blanche. They're just no what they once were. Lotus shouldn't be expected to make an appearance for a while either, mainly because of the revolution. There are more BMW 3-series around than Ford Mondeos, they're too ubiquitous. Bond and AM belong hand-in-hand.
    Hmmm, as much as I love the Aston, we've had it for the last three movies. For appreciative purposes, I'd prefer to see something different.
    I think a unique and classy care to see would be the Porsche Panamera:

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2008/11/Porsche-Panamera.jpg
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not that ugly beast of a car from the most unimaginitive carcompany since the Ford came up with the idea that everybody ought to have the same vehicle! No! There's no class in any Porsche. Bond should never drive a stretch-beetle, ever!

that's just my twopence ;-)

Don't like the new Jag either. Don't know what's gotten into Ian Callum, but this isn't good. The old one I did like though (Jag, that is). Nope, I'm afraid there isn't much choice around these days, as I guess a Spyker is out of the question too.

Completely agree. The only case where Bond should be near a Panamera would be if they did an Octopussy remake, and decided to use the Porsche rather than the elephant.

I was asked to continue my earlier thread here, so here it goes;

These are two links to two concept/production Aston Martin vehicles, ones a SUV and the other is the new ONE-77.

Which do you think should be featured in BOND 23?

http://www.decodir.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/The-New-Hi-Tech-Lavish-Cruiser-Lagonda-by-Aston-Martin-at-Geneva-5.jpg

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/articles/images03/aston-martin-one-77-front-quarter-main.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The One-77 without a doubt. It has a sleek look, something Bond would drive, while the SUV AM looks out of place in Bond's hands and I couldn't see him driving a bulky mess.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'm not too sure about the One-77. :-? There's something off about that front grille and those front vents. I still like the look of the Rapide.
  • I agree with some members here, a step away from the Aston would be good. However, if we are led to believe that B23 is going to be a classic, the Aston should be in it, shouldn't it?

If not the Aston, it's got to be the Jag XKR or the Massa or even the Citeron C6, they used one in the last series of Spooks. It looks like a spy's car.
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 1,894
    I think the 2012 Lotus Exige should get a look-in:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new-cars/Search-Results/Spyshots/Lotus-Exige-2012-spy-photos/
    Which do you think should be featured in BOND 23?
    The One-77. What the hell were Aston thinking with the Lagonda? It's like the Cygnus or the AMR-One - it looks hideous.
    On the plus side (for some), if eon does manage to get there hands on ONE-77(s), they'd be less willing to tear them to shit (QoS).

But for those of us (me included) that loved the opening chase in QoS, its a little upsetting :P
    Ive decided: Bond should drive the Maserati Gran Turismo "MC Stradale":

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b4/Maserati_GranTurismo_MC_Stradale.jpg

I'm not a lover of Italian cars; I find them to be excessive. I've always much preferred German engineering. But I have to admit, the MC Stradale is a real beauty.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    No, not a one-77. They're a million quid, which even for Bond, is far too expensive. He's a high roller, not a tycoon. Why AM bother with the Lagonda I don't know, I think it's utterly wrong. Those SUV's have nothing to do with proper motoring.

The Maser is a beauty, and I wouldn't mind Bond driving one of those as I understand they're extremely good drives, but tbh I think the DBS is still good enough. I don't need him to drive another type every episode. It's still a company car, and I know of no company that gives its employees different car every year.
    IT CAN'T BE THE ONE-77, HECK NO TO THE CYGNET! THE DBS HAS BEEN DONE TO DEATH!!!! THE DB9 IS GETTING ON!! IT'S THE 50TH IT HAS TO BE A ASTON!!

leaving the virage,the zrygo and the Lagonda

I would like to see the Lotus as the villen's car though..

Also we seem to be forgetting that bond owns a DB5...
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    don't need him to drive another type every episode. It's still a company car, and I know of no company that gives its employees different car every year.
    It will be 10 years in B23 that Bond has the same car... Time to change.
    I think I could manage a dbs with a change of color. Maybe black or red(eh)

Shadow that Maserati is absolutely gorgeous.

But I think when thay trashed Bond's dbs in QoS it may have been a sign, with no Q in the films, that a) Q will be present in this film to provide a new car. Or b) Bond will be moving on from the dbs.
  • I think Maseratis are too much of a footballer's car, and that's not to say that Aston isn't, but Aston has the history. Look at my comment on the top of this page, it's kinda long, but it's the solution to all our problems. I was really looking forward to getting a reply for that :(
    a Maserati Gran Tourismo all the way in midnight blue.....my favorite supercar.

to tell you the truth i would like to see Bond not drive a supercar till the very end of the film, want a local car, to blend in dont you think an AM would stick out like a sorethumb in india?
    I think Maseratis are too much of a footballer's car, and that's not to say that Aston isn't, but Aston has the history. Look at my comment on the top of this page, it's kinda long, but it's the solution to all our problems. I was really looking forward to getting a reply for that :(
    Well, what I was trying to say was that I agree there. Ithink the DBS should stay, with or without the facelift. tbh, the way the latest Astons have come to look, except for the Virage, I'm not looking foreward to a facelift.
    I don't like the one-77, nor the new Zagato.

• edited September 2011 Posts: 638
    Jaguar just unveiled its new C-X16 concept car, if this goes into production it would be perfect for Bond.
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 5,745
    Jaguar just unveiled its new C-X16 concept car, if this goes into production it would be perfect for Bond.
    But it looks JUST LIKE an Aston.

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.