Bond 23 007 car

Comments

Ferraris are too flashy.
    How About a Modernized DB5

• i may be the only one to think this but I would love to see bond drive a lambourgini.

I'd also like to see bond have an awesome bike in this film. we know hes gonna use one at some point when he jumps onto the train, rather than have him just steal one from a passerby, lets say he has his own.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=ducati+2011+superbike&um=1&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7ACAW_enGB406&tbm=isch&tbnid=3aEZB0SSZoTnsM:&imgrefurl=http://top-motorcycle-wallpapers.blogspot.com/2011/01/2011-ducati-1198sp-superbike.html&docid=Za0-lSLxiT7x9M&w=1600&h=1198&ei=O_WRTsGJFNSq8AOila0c&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=852&vpy=156&dur=4191&hovh=194&hovw=260&tx=118&ty=95&page=1&tbnh=151&tbnw=201&start=0&ndsp=10&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0&biw=1366&bih=517&surl=1

this is the ducati superbike, and its awesome. i would love to see this in a bond film. Maybe bond is involved in a motorbike chase pursuing a train, while he himself is purused by henchmen. Bond escapes the henchmen by jumping the bike onto the train.
    im still biggin up my previous suggestion
    Well what I read in here it look like the Aston Martin might not be in it.
    im still biggin up my previous suggestion
    Lamborghinis are too brash and too bold for Bond.
    "Lamborghinis are for men in thongs" - Jeremy Clarkson.
    Do you really want that title?

If EON made a deal with Volkswagen Corp., Bond would be more likely to drive an Audi S7, or Bentley Continental GT. But let's hope that doesn't happen.
    The Continental GT is actually quite nice. It's sort of halfway between a Rolls-Royce and an Aston Martin.

Even Audi wouldn't be a bad choice (though I do admit, I love the engineering of German cars); the R8 is perhaps a bit too flashy for Bond, but if ever he needed a high-end sedan that did not stand out too much, an Audi would be an excellent choice. The A7 RS4 quattro would be the perfect blend of high performance and travelling incognito:

Just not in electric blue.
    Bond's personal car should be a NANO on his salary!!!!
    So it sounds like a Jag?
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    No, we have no confirmation what his car will be. There will be a chase involving some Jag and possibly a Range Rover Evoque. We don't really know whether Bond eventually drives any of those, but it is likely that the Eve character (Naomi Harris) is part of that chase.
    yes a Jag would be a nice change form the AMs which all look the same and are as exciting = paint drying on growing grass that is watched.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    edited November 2011 Posts: 858

on April 10th, 2011

All we need now, is a good cover written around it for Bond ;)
    Versus

Is it safe for me to say, "I told you so"?

\:D/
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited November 2011 Posts: 13,879
    @MartinBond

You've been more efficient than I anticipated. Now, tell me about the future. Is it death? ;-)
    Lucky shot, but you got the color all wrong!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited November 2011 Posts: 14,861
    Hardly a great gamble to guess a Jaguar Land Rover product would feature in the new Bond film; they've been in the last three films.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I just hope the 'Land Rover product' won't be Mrs Beckhams failure to keep a pencil in her hand called evogue. Beim Gott what an ugly beast of a car. Let him drive a Defender!

Oh, and yes, Wayne Rooney is known outside te UK as well.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    On work-related business the other day, I had a few minutes spare before my meeting to check out the Aston Martin dealership that I discovered was fortuitously located across the road.

After sort of surreptiously examing a DB9 on the forecourt and espying a Vantage through the glass inside, more than ever I decided it'd be a big shame if Bond wasn't back behind the wheel of an Aston Martin in SF...
    I just hope the 'Land Rover product' won't be Mrs Beckhams failure to keep a pencil in her hand called evogue. Beim Gott what an ugly beast of a car. Let him drive a Defender!

What do you mean? The Evoque (q, not g) is actually a really good looking car. The defender isn't the type of car you want to drive in the city. If Bond were in the jungle or desert - then that's when it's the car to have.

From photos, though, it seems to be a traditional Range Rover. Which is good, because the Sport has the same engine, but was designed for Puff Diddly or some bloke.

• the jag looks cool - i wish he had a gtr just once.

• MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again

- Jaguar announced that they áre going to make it.
    - they say that about almost every single concept
    - If it ís true this time, it will need promotion
    - Jaguar is owned by Tata
    - We haven't heard of Aston Martin yet...

Could it be true? With that astonsishing design in dark grey - battleship grey anyone? - I can totally see that screeching around London instead of an Aston Martin or any other sportscar.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I'd welcome that Jag. So far, it sounds like the Aston will be invisible in SF, too.
    Nice one! Would be Lotus Esprit all over again. That one was also not available yet when filming began.
    that is a nice JAG :)
    I'm absolutely in love with the C-X16. I just hope they change the name. I think it deserves the E-Type title, if all the engines are good.

I wouldn't mind the new Lotus Esprit either, however I think the Lotus Elite is more likely.

If I had my say, I'd say SkyFall will feature the Virage. The car chase(s) won't be nearly as gritty as QoS, and I doubt Bond is going to total the Aston like in CR. If anything, I'd predict that there's going to be a more backroads/high speeds chase. Similar to what we saw with Connery in the DB5. That would definitely be a tip to SF being a 'classic' Bond film.
    Could it be true? With that astonsishing design in dark grey - battleship grey anyone? - I can totally see that screeching around London instead of an Aston Martin or any other sportscar.
    I don't think they'd do it in dark grey. It would look too similar to the Aston Martin, when Jaguar would want their own identity.
    I'm absolutely in love with the C-X16. I just hope they change the name. I think it deserves the E-Type title, if all the engines are good.
    I'd say it's more like to take an "FW" (Frank Williams) title than E-Type. The C-X16 was developed with a second-generation Kinetic Energy Recovery System that was developed by Williams F1 (most Formula 1 teams are still using the first-generation device). KERS is an elaborate device that the entire car has to be built around simply because it is so complicated.

I'd say it's more like to take an "FW" (Frank Williams) title than E-Type. The C-X16 was developed with a second-generation Kinetic Energy Recovery System that was developed by Williams F1 (most Formula 1 teams are still using the first-generation device). KERS is an elaborate device that the entire car has to be built around simply because it is so complicated.
    Fair point. I think the C-X16 has the opportunity for revolutionize the modern sports car (provided the pricing is right). It has the chance to live up to the iconic E-Type Jag.

As for colour, I'd like the see British Racing Green make an appearance.

Actually, Ferrari and Porsche were using KERS before the C-X16. The difference is that the C-X16 uses a flywheel-based system while Ferrari and Porsche do not.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

What do you mean? The Evoque (q, not g) is actually a really good looking car. The defender isn't the type of car you want to drive in the city. If Bond were in the jungle or desert - then that's when it's the car to have.

From photos, though, it seems to be a traditional Range Rover. Which is good, because the Sport has the same engine, but was designed for Puff Diddly or some bloke.

Sorry for the mis-spelling, but I find the Evoque hidious and outragiously stupid. So what is it? A sports car? No, too high on the wheels. A Range Rover on which a giant sat? Possibly. A family car designed with small children in mind? Might be, adults can't sit in the back, dispite it's size. Or you could always run over small children, it's high enough on it's wheels.
    It isn't build for off-roading, yet it doesn't fit in city streets.
    All we know for certain is that it's been designed by a walking skeleton who's idea of style depends on the price tag hanging of said item. That any normal adult can't sit in the back and it's no use either offroad or in the city. You complain about the RR Sport beeing designed for some rapper or the like. For whom do you think the Evoque was meant? Men with small ****? Mothers who find it safer to run over other mother's children when they bring their own to school?
    Anyone with a bit of style and/or class will stay miles away from this attrocity.
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 289
    top gear loved the evoque :P

thats a very nice looking truck!
This discussion has been closed.