Bond 23 007 car

Comments

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    C'mon, time to innovate!

VW Scirocco.
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 6,677
    Boring. Plus, there´s nothing innovative about it, nothing new anyway.
    About the car, I like the Scirocco, I just think that, like the Toyota 86, it has no place in a Bond film. IMO.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    edited December 2011 Posts: 858
    If he'd pic a car of the street, I'd reckon they'd do it like Octopussy, with the "random car" being something affordable and realistic but not to mutch "upper class". Examples of today would be:
    Audi A/S5 (Sorry),
    Renault Megane coupé,
    Alfa Romeo Brera (although a bit older, would make a nice little "tribute" towards Octopussy),
    Hyundai Genesis,
    Peugeot RCZ.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Saab turbo anyone? A nod to Gardner.
    Audi A/S5 (Sorry),
    The S5 can do him. Well we wait end of January if he getting a new Mi6 issued car now Q there. Already An Aston Martin there but that a classic Aston Martin DB5. Since the new years has started we better wait.
    Yes please some other car than a right off the show room super car....a Kia Soul would be great...
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Hard to imagine Bond driving a japanese car.
    X3MSonicX wrote:

You can say that again. His cars has to be either Europe or British made car. No Japanese or any other asian crap.
    I wonder if the DB5 being back relates to the other car bond uses not being an Aston Martin as happened in Goldeneye (when the producers had a deal with BMW to include the Z3).

New Jag CX-16 (E-Type) for the scenes in China perhaps or the Range Rover Evoque, is possible in return for JLR providing the 'government' cars for the scenes in London.

Or Lotus are launching a new Esprit early in 2013 and the tweet yesterday was about it being the anniversary of filming the Lotus Esprit Turbo in Italy for FYEO, which seemed to me to be an oddly detailed account to add for a car that was barely used in that part of the film........ Of course perhaps there just wasn't anything else filmed on that date before!
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 138
    Agent7F wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

You can say that again. His cars has to be either Europe or British made car. No Japanese or any other asian crap.

There are enough good British cars these days to not need anything from outside the UK even (unless we are talking about something that has been commandeered!).

JLR would be able to provide a range of appropriate vehicles that would be very realistic and smart cars for a British Agent to drive. Meanwhile Aston Martin and Lotus can provide very rakish cars if they want the car to be seen as the latest gadget. There is the new McLaren, Bentley and even in a certain circumstance Rolls Royce ranges too.

Overall though my opinion is that it should usually be an Aston Martin but occasionally one of the other British manufacturers should get a chance too so it doesn't get too boring, and with the DB5 being used in this film and the Vanquish and DBS used in the last three the new Jag sportscar or next years Esprit should get the nod.
  • "Lamborghinis are for men in thongs" - Jeremy Clarkson.
    Do you really want that title?

clarkson also said that the public sector workers on strike should be shot so I don't listen to alot of what he says
    "Lamborghinis are for men in thongs" - Jeremy Clarkson.
    Do you really want that title?

clarkson also said that the public sector workers on strike should be shot so I don't listen to alot of what he says

Didn´t he have a Lamborghini at some point?

Also, I enjoy listening to Jeremy on Top Gear, but if I earned as much as he does, I wouldn´t be talking about public sector workers in the first place.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I am also a big fan of Jeremy on Top Gear. Love the show... and Jeremy, Richard and James made for an excellent trio of presentators.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,894
    Clarksons continuing stupidity has turned me away from TG. And from what i've seen accros the net, i'm not the only ex-TG viewer. I read an interesting post on a car forum that brought to my attention something that i'd not noticed before, that being the look of growing contempt from May for motormouth Clarkson and his little lapdog Hammond. Next time TG is on, watch Mays reactions.

TG needs to keep May, but loose Clarkson and Hammond. In place of the latter two, i'd suggest Mike Brewer (Deals On Wheels & Wheeler Dealers) & Adrian Simpson (Top Gear* & Car Sharks)

I'd like to see a May, Brewer & Simpson TG lineup.

* The classic TG.

Rant over.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 2,782
    Agent7F wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

That Honda in YOLT was sexy and the whistle blower was good in TMWTGG. Change is good. A jag or a Nissan skyline, oh yes Skyline for Skyfall the car that won't Skyfail 007. tenuous marketing blurb. Love it.
    Clarksons continuing stupidity has turned me away from TG. And from what i've seen accros the net, i'm not the only ex-TG viewer. I read an interesting post on a car forum that brought to my attention something that i'd not noticed before, that being the look of growing contempt from May for motormouth Clarkson and his little lapdog Hammond. Next time TG is on, watch Mays reactions.

TG needs to keep May, but loose Clarkson and Hammond. In place of the latter two, i'd suggest Mike Brewer (Deals On Wheels & Wheeler Dealers) & Adrian Simpson (Top Gear* & Car Sharks)

I'd like to see a May, Brewer & Simpson TG lineup.

* The classic TG.

Rant over.

Off topic I know, but I´ve noticed the same, and May had a different attitude in the latest season, I bet he put his foot down. And really, Hammond is just a lapdog, he´s quite the ignorant fellow in what cars are concerned, the guy is a show man, but that´s all. May is a geek and Clarkson is a know-it-all prick with a penchant for sarcasm. But the thing is, it all works out rather nicely. I´m still a TG fan and always will be, but I´m aware of the idiosyncrasies within. On a very side note, loved the show they did about Lancia. They should do one about Alfa. Back on topic now, where were we? Oh yeah, Bond´s car...Aston please, always.

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I'm thinking more a car that Bond nicks off the street. Rumours about SKYFALL suggested that Bond would change vehicles in the middle of a chase. If he did this because the road was blocked, he would have to abandon one car and find another. Since he's in the middle of a chase, he's not going to stand around looking for an Aston Martin - he's going to grab the first car he can. In that case, a Toyota would be an appropriate choice.

Besides, the GT86 is being homologated for GT racing, so it's not your ordinary Camry or Corolla.
    Oddly enough, there's a bigger chance of running into an AM in London, then there is anywhere in the world. Unless you're an oil sheikh with a garage-palace full of them, of course.

On TG, I think they went too far when they faked the electric car challange, and when they orgestrate failures, as they've been doing the last two or three seasons. I'd love to see some more influence from May as well. Clarkson should be put on a leash. And Hammond should never, ever be allowed to drive a South African armored car over an Alfa 156 again, ever! Just shows he isn't that much of a motorhead at all.
    On TG, I think they went too far when they faked the electric car challange, and when they orgestrate failures, as they've been doing the last two or three seasons. I'd love to see some more influence from May as well. Clarkson should be put on a leash. And Hammond should never, ever be allowed to drive a South African armored car over an Alfa 156 again, ever! Just shows he isn't that much of a motorhead at all.

Exactly, the guy really doesn´t know what he´s talking about. He knows nothing about car history, except if you´re talking about the ford mustang and/or porsches. Many, many times, when confronted with an historical fact that every motorhead should know, he only shows ignorance and contempt. And trust me, I was a fan, up until he stoped taking his job seriously. Now they only want to blow stuff up and run things over.

On SF, you´re right, last time I was in London there were AMs everywhere you looked, and Jaguars, and Rolls for that matter. Of course this is not TheRock and Craig isn´t Nic Cage borrowing a yellow ferrari for a chase, but I rather see that then a car from Fast and the stupid on a Bond film, right ;)?
    Only Aston Martin looks Royal enough for Bond.
    Didn't see this thread before that's why started a newer one. That one is locked now. :P
    That´s ok Mike, happens to the best of us. And I agree with you, Astons are the way to go, even if we´re talking about the DB5, the most iconic of them all.
    We all know that the DB5 will be returning and it is pretty obvious that Tata has struck a deal with EON, so Land Rovers and Jaguars will be featured.
  • jaguar007 wrote:
    We all know that the DB5 will be returning and it is pretty obvious that Tata has struck a deal with EON, so Land Rovers and Jaguars will be featured.

That's sad. Really sad. Jaguars are fine but I hope Daniel doesn't even touch a Jag. I don't mind them if they're used like they were in CR and what DC did with the Rangerover Sport.
    This is so not good. :(
    jaguar007 wrote:

That's sad. Really sad. Jaguars are fine but I hope Daniel doesn't even touch a Jag. I don't mind them if they're used like they were in CR and what DC did with the Rangerover Sport.

Aston don't have anything new at the moment, so it would be good for Bond to drive something else for one or two films and then triumphantly return to Aston again. It would happen sooner rather than later.

That said we don't know the extent of the deal, it could be just for the XJ and the Range Rover used in the car chase that kicked off filming, neither of which was really a 'Bond car'. If JLR have something else to plug that might also be part of the deal as it was with the Ford deal. However Ford had to pay a lot for their level of product placement whereas JLR might just be making cars available and therefore the use of other manufacturers vehicles would be allowed.

Car makers now will have less money to throw at product placement deals.
    Someone tell me that Tata has brought Lotus or Something five minutes ago PLEASE!!
    Personally I would like to see the 2CV come back!
    jaguar007 wrote:

Of course I obviously disagree. I have been dying to see Bond behind the wheel of a Jag for years.
    YOLT had a Toyota sports car in it...

AM look too much like FORDs now, they just arent that special anymore since all the models since about 97 look the same. There are too many interesting or cool Supercars or near super cars out there to stick with the boring same old same old Aston Martins...

Gumpert, Morgan and Wisemann.....lol sounds like a law firm!
    I'm with you Char35t that a change from Aston till they bring out something truly new would be good, but the cars you suggest aren't subtle! Bond would stick out an eccentric sore thumb in one of those!!
    Howabout Bond in a luxury 4x4 whilst relaxing such as the Evoque and a highly gadget filled Aston in action maybe a Harly Davidson for a humorous chase scene. DC looks good in CR & QOS during Aston scenes it actually really suits him.
    lutbond wrote:
    Howabout Bond in a luxury 4x4 whilst relaxing such as the Evoque and a highly gadget filled Aston in action maybe a Harly Davidson for a humorous chase scene. DC looks good in CR & QOS during Aston scenes it actually really suits him.

Agree, the Aston suits Craig much better than it did Brosnan. QoS had some pretty fantastic screenshots from the opening scene. Because we literally got a collage of screenshots for an opening scene (it felt like).
This discussion has been closed.