The Amazing Spider-Man (2012 - 2014)

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It looks OK. I'll see it but like the first film it seems so CGI heavy.
    I wasn't hugely fond of the last film although it may have been better than Raimi's third film. I still don't know what the point was in re-booting a franchise that was only ten years old.
  • RC7RC7
    I wasn't hugely fond of the last film although it may have been better than Raimi's third film. I still don't know what the point was in re-booting a franchise that was only ten years old.

So they didn't risk the rights reverting back to Marvel. Although I think it's only a matter of time before that happens. The most worrying aspect of the Spider-Man reboots is the fact they are trying to compete with the Marvel and impending DC universe, by introducing multiple characters at a rapid rate. The advantage of that is - aside from arguably Batman, Spidey has the best rogues gallery of any Comic Book character. The downside is that they risk running before they can walk, and pissing it all up the wall.
    How many of the Sinister Six will be in this film? Three? Four? Far too many, whatever the number.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:
    How many of the Sinister Six will be in this film? Three? Four? Far too many, whatever the number.

Yeah, villain overload in this. It's ridiculous.
    Too many villains spoil the broth. You'd have thought they'd learnt their lesson from Spideman 3.
    Too many villains spoil the broth. You'd have thought they'd learnt their lesson from Spideman 3.

Exactly, and unless the film plans on being five or six hours long, it's going to be a mess.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Creasy47 wrote:

Exactly, and unless the film plans on being five or six hours long, it's going to be a mess.

And with Hans Zimmer scoring the movie it will be bound to be dull in the music department compared to James Horner's great score.
    Murdock wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

And with Hans Zimmer scoring the movie it will be bound to be dull in the music department compared to James Horner's great score.

I'd rather have Danny Elfman back than Zimmer. He seems to be very en vogue lately. I hope EON don't come knocking at some point.

Well, it was not difficult to be better than the last Raimi's Spidey, so that was no exploit. I will use a cliché, but The Amazing Spider-Man was not exactly amazing.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I didn't like the first one particulary much, and i hope that this film will be better. But the premises doesn't look too good though.
    The only thing that looked good in that trailer was actually Spider-Mans suit, the rest were quite bland.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I would love to see a damn trailer just once without it showing me literally the entire freaking film. I should know by now though, shouldn't I?

The films definitely seem to be building up to the Sinister Six, evidenced by what seems to be experiments at Oscorp that are helping to create the likes of Goblin, Electro and Rhino. I also saw a pair of mechanized wings behind glass in one of the shots, so you could probably add Vulture to the mix as well. I am wary of the villain overload, but it looks okay. I did think some of the dialogue was cringe-worthy, though.
  • RC7RC7
    I would love to see a damn trailer just once without it showing me literally the entire freaking film. I should know by now though, shouldn't I?

The films definitely seem to be building up to the Sinister Six, evidenced by what seems to be experiments at Oscorp that are helping to create the likes of Goblin, Electro and Rhino. I also saw a pair of mechanized wings behind glass in one of the shots, so you could probably add Vulture to the mix as well. I am wary of the villain overload, but it looks okay. I did think some of the dialogue was cringe-worthy, though.

You can also see the Doc's tentacles in the same shot (on the right).
    RC7 wrote:

So... Literally every single villain from this series will come from Oscorp.
    Vulture's in there, too, apparently.
  • RC7RC7
    Ludovico wrote:
    RC7 wrote:

So... Literally every single villain from this series will come from Oscorp.

Webb has pretty much admitted as much.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Throw it all at Spidey! YEAH!
    Sink or swim.
    Andrew Garfield might not return for 'The Amazing Spider-Man 4':

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112309
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Andrew Garfield might not return for 'The Amazing Spider-Man 4':

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112309

I'm not worried by that, as the quote can be taken many ways, and Garfield isn't throwing down the gauntlet in any way, shape or form. #4 is years away, so let's focus on #2 and then #3. I hate when studios plan so far ahead like this, as if they don't foresee any complications in doing so.
    Or when films get sequels greenlit, even though the aforementioned film won't hit theaters for a few months. Very overzealous of studios, I hate seeing it happen. I was only posting it, but I agree with you, it's years away and he isn't confirming that he definitely isn't returning. Focus on the present.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Or when films get sequels greenlit, even though the aforementioned film won't hit theaters for a few months. Very overzealous of studios, I hate seeing it happen. I was only posting it, but I agree with you, it's years away and he isn't confirming that he definitely isn't returning. Focus on the present.

I wasn't speaking about you when I said to focus on the now, more to the media and the studios who green-lit films years ahead of time. I mean, what sense does that make? They don't know how financially successful the film/s will be or where the actor's careers will be at, so why risk getting the fans' hopes up if things go overboard? I also think announcing future films ruins the fun of focusing on just one film at a time, because it you know the characters are going to still be around for two more films some suspense and risk is lost. I obviously know Spider-Man won't die, but at least convince me that he could be in critical danger and come close to death's door, if that makes any sense.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I get what you're saying. It's like the next actor to play Bond is announced after Craig, and then he is asked "So will you be in 'Bond 32'?" Just give it time and let the films happen, stop focusing on more films and more money. Take it one at a time. If it's a planned trilogy, fine, I understand it, but if I got the chance to interview someone about a film, I would be curious as to what's going on with the most recent film, not the plans for the fifth or sixth installment.
    edited December 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Just what the world was waiting for, more comic book movies!
    I will wait for trailers on both honestly though what kind of film can the Sinister 6 even do?
    Here's the international trailer:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112484
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Spin off movies about the villains? Urgh! If ever there was jumping the shark this is it.
    Modeled after the X-Men film series, no doubt.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    The X-Men peeps never made a movie centring on the villains...
    edited December 2013 Posts: 13,350
    The 'divide and focus on other characters' route is what I was getting at. They planned a villain film at one point mind, Magneto, but that got molded into First Class.