X-Men (2000 - 20)

Comments

• Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    chrisisall wrote: »
    No love for Last Stand.... 8-|

What a complete arse of a film that was. Singer should have stayed and made X-Men 3 and not made the frankly underwhelming Superman Returns.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    chrisisall wrote: »
    No love for Last Stand.... 8-|

What a complete arse of a film that was.
    I've never gotten why some feel this way... it's photographed well, the music is good, the acting is perfect, the story is interesting.... it's Professor X's death, right? It made everyone cry....
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    They were all good.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    They were all good.

Are you finally seeing the light on the Brosnan films? ;)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    They were all good.

Thank you! :)>-
    I plan on seeing this tomorrow. It has gotten pretty bad reviews here, like Civil War and BvS before it.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I plan on seeing this tomorrow. It has gotten pretty bad reviews here, like Civil War and BvS before it.

Civil War got bad reviews where you live? How?
    Many, not all, reviews were below average. Mainly from old journalists and intellectual snobs.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Many, not all, reviews were below average. Mainly from old journalists and intellectual snobs.

Must admit I had read/heard/watched any reviews of Civil War and was pleasantly surprised when I saw the film. One of the better ones.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I might see it next weekend. No interest in it, but my friend wants to see it and I've dragged him to movies he didn't care for in the past, and I've been itching to go to the movies again in general. I have zero expectations, so we'll see how that pans out.
    Saw this yesterday. Fantastic film.
    Going to go and watch it tomorrow afternoon, I have a few hours spare.
    No concrete plans for more X-Men films at the moment, but Bryan Singer says he doubts he is finished with that universe yet.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Xmen: Apocolypse for the most part I had issues with, this universe is so muddled now and this film makes it even worse. Saying that the last 40 minutes was pretty awesome and one particular moment made my brain almost explode, being a fan and aware of most of the comics I was happy at the end. It's obvious what's coming next
    Apocolypse alludes to it when he sees the Phoenix.
    Apocolypse himself ended up being one of the stronger characters in the film, unfortunately some of the acting was pretty poor certainly early in the film.
    The post credits scene sets up Woverine 3. Weapon X, did you see that?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,690

I stayed on my seat for the whole end credits to see that.

Did not stay till end credits, what happened?

It was a very short scene, a bit underwhelming. You didn t miss much.
    WhoMournsForAdonais0150.jpg Star Trek episode Who Mourns Adonais

Liked that parallel to the theme of above episode, also the music from the above episode worked well in the background during the film scene.

Edit: So in what timeline does Wolverine 3 take place :-O
    Re the scene at the end : from what I read on TVTropes, it's a set up for
    Mister Sinister.

I loved the movie. I can't get Eurhythmics out of my head now. And there are so many good things in it. Worth seeing a few times, I think.
    Gerard wrote: »
    Re the scene at the end : from what I read on TVTropes, it's a set up for
    Mister Sinister.

I loved the movie. I can't get Eurhythmics out of my head now. And there are so many good things in it. Worth seeing a few times, I think.

I have mixed feelings about the film, though if I had a choice of watching Batman v Superman, Civil War or Apocolypse I would choose the latter. The good aspects of the film I did enjoy, the ending was pure popcorn.
    Just researched end scene, Mr Sinister steals Wolverines blood? Essex Corp and creation of Weapon X clone.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Seeing this in a couple of hours. This is the second comic book movie I'll be paying to see this year, and since BvS was garbage, I think my time with paying money for these movies will be done if this one is just as bad. If it is, @Thunderfinger owes me a refund.
    This was the best comic book film of the year by FAR. Can't believe how mixed the reviews are. Just because it's different from the MCU doesn't mean it's bad critics! Really solid 8.5/10 for me. Doesn't quite hit the brilliance of DOFP, but it's on par with First Class for me
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Okay, I saw it tonight. In short (will post in depth later), it was good. Not great, but certainly a solid effort. The poor reviews are unfair. Maybe someone has an agenda to push or something, I don't know. Slightly convoluted but the performances are top notch.
    I am in minority but I loved every X-Men movie so far.

The movie I liked least was The Wolverine (not origins).

Deadpool was good for comedic purposes.

With that said...here's my X-Men universe ranking:

1. First Class
    2. DofP
    3 to 6 - Original X-Men trilogy + X-Men:Origins in no particular order (I really can't separate them)
    7. Deadpool
    8. Apocalypse
    9. The Wolverine

now.....this means I disliked the latest X-Men movie right? Quite the contrary. I really enjoyed the latest X-Men movie. It was a good movie with great characters, acting, comedy and action. But this movie struggled from being a sequel, prequel, and a reboot all at once.

This movie has 2 AMAZING back to back scenes that made me want to get out of my seat and start clapping. The acting from Isaac, Fassbender and McAvoy was superb, especially McAvoy. The new mutants were....meh, other than Nightcrawler.

This is a movie that's better than 7.5/10 but not good enough for 8/10.

Watch the movie if you haven't, cause it's a one of the best movies you can see in cinemas at the moment.
    The introductions of Scott and Ororo were great. Especially Ororo, I have been waiting for that ever since the franchise started, to get some mention of her origin and here it comes full blast.
    I really loved this movie 8/10 for me. My favorite part was
    When Jean Grey became the Pheonix to destroy Apocalypse. I marked out for that. Jean is my favorite of the X-Men
    Quicksilver is the funniest of the lot. So much better than in the MCU.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    edited May 2016 Posts: 543
    X-Men: Apocalypse (also posted on last movie i watched)
    I liked it, didn't blow me away though. I liked the characters - McAvoy and Fassbander always put good performances for these films. The new kids were fine, but I felt they were just short of the original cast especially Jean. My sister and I agree that we liked Famke Janssen better. The four horsemen aside from Magneto were just there, weren't really given much to do, and whatever they did wasn't great. The action was ok, and Apocalypse was menacing at first, but in the end, it felt like his plan wasn't as threatning?. Also something I liked from the previous two films is that they incorporated a historic event into their storyline (Cuban missile crisis in FC, Vietnam War in DOFP), and they didn't do that in this one. There was talk of superpowers, but I felt they could have done more with the Cold War and such, but I guess Apocalypse is so above that it wouldn't have worked out. B-
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Artemis81 wrote: »
    X-Men: Apocalypse (also posted on last movie i watched)
    I liked it, didn't blow me away though. I liked the characters - McAvoy and Fassbander always put good performances for these films. The new kids were fine, but I felt they were just short of the original cast especially Jean. My sister and I agree that we liked Famke Janssen better. The four horsemen aside from Magneto were just there, weren't really given much to do, and whatever they did wasn't great. The action was ok, and Apocalypse was menacing at first, but in the end, it felt like his plan wasn't as threatning?. Also something I liked from the previous two films is that they incorporated a historic event into their storyline (Cuban missile crisis in FC, Vietnam War in DOFP), and they didn't do that in this one. There was talk of superpowers, but I felt they could have done more with the Cold War and such, but I guess Apocalypse is so above that it wouldn't have worked out. B-

I like tigers, so I'll take your word for it.