X-Men (2000 - 20)

Comments

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    I saw it yesterday and liked it more than I expected. Granted, my expectations aren't very high for the X-Men films but I still enjoyed it. The franchise is slowly getting to where it should be. It's taken 16 years but better late than never I suppose.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Interesting that Apocalypse was the God of the Jews.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

He's directed 4 of them now, more than any other director in a comic book movie franchise, so I don't blame him.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Agree! with the second trilogy completed I expected a change, with actor contracts come to a end it's unclear where the films will go now.

Daft! Potential Spoilers...
    Other then the next Wolverine film. Will there be anymore Xmen films?
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Heard talk of X-Force and a female Wolverine
    The latter was potentionally set up at the end of Apocolypse
    I would love it if they made a movie about Jean Grey. She is defiantly my favorite X-Men
    I suspect Jean Grey will be central in upcoming films.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It appears the title of the upcoming Wolverine movie is either 'Wolverine: Weapon X' or simply 'Weapon X':

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men/the_wolverine/20th-century-fox-registers-two-possible-titles-for-the-next-a142532
    I like "Weapon X". Simple and bad ass sounding, but I imagine Fox will want "Wolverine" to be in the title.
    13876331_1097067103709068_8201313064250719875_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=f2e75c10db685fac3ccdb9a78dd0407c&oe=584D3E38
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2016 Posts: 15,690
    Professor X looks very world weary now in 'Wolverine 3/Logan':

CuFrOZSVUAE9u-q.jpg
    More X-Men is good news.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    The only X-Men news I care about these days is Wolverine/Logan. After Apocalypse I once again feel meh about the franchise. Maybe the next one (Supernova?) will fix that but I honestly just want them to end the franchise and start over. I want something much closer to the comics and maybe even have it as a live action TV show, possibly on Netflix.
  • If this next one has the look and roster of that final scene of Apocalypse, it'll be right up my alley! Very Jim Lee!
    Agreed. If they can do that I'd feel much better. Since it's FOX I'm not holding my breath.
    There hasn t been a single bad X-Men movie yet.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 1,257
    I thought Sophie Turner gave a pretty poor performance in Apocalypse. I've never seen GoT, is she good in that?

But like @Master_Dahark mentioned, if they pick up where they left off during the last scene of Apocalypse, that would be something I'd be interested in.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 1,812

I'm assuming you're joking... or you just haven't seen The Last Stand and Origins: Wolverine.

I thought Sophie Turner gave a pretty poor performance in Apocalypse. I've never seen GoT, is she good in that?

Sophie Turner really isn't that great in GoT either. She not terrible by any means but she's just a little bland at times.

But like @Master_Dahark mentioned, if they pick up where they left off during the last scene of Apocalypse, that would be something I'd be interested in.

I heard the next movie is going to take place in the 80's. If that's true, then our heroes will have a few years of experience since Apocalypse.
  • But like @Master_Dahark mentioned, if they pick up where they left off during the last scene of Apocalypse, that would be something I'd be interested in.

I heard the next movie is going to take place in the 80's. If that's true, then our heroes will have a few years of experience since Apocalypse.
    Well Apocalypse took place in the 80's- hopefully this next one will be 90's, and like you said, they'd have the experience.
    If it was 90's, it'll be close to the Jim Lee era AND reminiscent of the 1992 cartoon, which would be GREAT. That was my introduction to X-Men!

There's even a comic series called X-Men '92 which purposely feels like the 'old days' even though it's currently made

I'm assuming you're joking... or you just haven't seen The Last Stand and Origins: Wolverine.

The Last Stand was great. Origins is perhaps the weakest, but it has so many good moments I love it just the same.

Well Apocalypse took place in the 80's- hopefully this next one will be 90's, and like you said, they'd have the experience.
    If it was 90's, it'll be close to the Jim Lee era AND reminiscent of the 1992 cartoon, which would be GREAT. That was my introduction to X-Men!

There's even a comic series called X-Men '92 which purposely feels like the 'old days' even though it's currently made

I think it was in the late 70's. They went to the movies to see the first Star Wars. Either way, I'd love to see them in the 90's because I also grew up with the X-Men cartoon and it'd be cool to see them take inspiration from it.

• It was Return of the Jedi ;)
  • Think I may have to rewatch the Phoenix saga, I have all five seasons of the classic 90's animated series. Will be interesting to see who directs the next Xmen film?

'Not much else is known about X-Men: Supernova, which will be the seventh X-Men movie. Kinberg is writing and has confirmed the film will be set in the 1990s, continuing the franchise’s decade-hopping trend.'

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/02/13/sophie-turner-new-x-men-movie/
    Think I may have to rewatch the Phoenix saga, I have all five seasons of the classic 90's animated series.

It s the comics that are classic, dude.
  • Think I may have to rewatch the Phoenix saga, I have all five seasons of the classic 90's animated series.

It s the comics that are classic, dude.

The animated TV series is classic in the top two IMO just behind Batman Animated series.

But have you read the 80s comics by John Byrne and Chris Claremont?
  • But have you read the 80s comics by John Byrne and Chris Claremont?

Some of them when I was a kid, my brother was more into Xmen than I was in the 80's he had most of them