X-Men (2000 - 20)

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I loved it, @chrisisall.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I enjoyed it as well.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I was thinking of getting the 'Unleashed' extended version.... I only have the DVD now, but I think it's worth a double dip for an extended Blu Ray.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I really enjoyed both 'The Wolverine' and 'Origins: Wolverine' because I find Hugh Jackman to have bucket loads of charisma, and he is a real badass.
    I really enjoyed both 'The Wolverine' and 'Origins: Wolverine' because I find Hugh Jackman to have bucket loads of charisma, and he is a real badass.

I liked Origins well enough, but not enough to go for a Blu Ray upgrade. It was very interesting though.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I really enjoyed The Wolverine.
    Been doing some research on Days Of Future Past... I have the Blu Ray, but it's not the 'Rogue Cut', and I was about to order one but from what I've read it messes up the pacing a bit & raises a couple of questions... unless someone convinces me otherwise, I'll stick with the theatrical.
    But I gotta say the original trilogy is still my favourite (yes, ALL THREE!). :D
    edited March 2016 Posts: 17,691
    Okay, I just watched X-Men: Days Of Future Past again, and I have one big question for all you who are fans of it: if Stryker never got his hands on Logan (looks like Mystique saved him from that), then Logan never gets the adamantium skeletal augmentation, right? So he's gonna be 'au naturale' in his next and final Wolverine movie-?
    Also, yeah, after seeing the deleted scenes on Youtube, I'm more than happy with the theatrical cut of this. :D
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The writers and/or producers stated that X-Men and X2 happened exactly the same in the new timeline (which can't be true, based on Days of Future Past's ending), which implies that Wolvie still has the adamantium.

Now, obviously, this brings up a whole bunch of problems.

1. X1 and X2 supposedly happened the same way, which would mean that Professor Xavier never attempted to find a way to pierce Magneto's helmet between 1973 and 2000. This also applies to the fact that Xavier knows about the helmet in First Class.
    2. Jean, Scott and Storm are older than they should be.
    3. There are now two Jubilees.
    4. Once more, X2 supposedly happened the same way, yet it's Mystique disguised as Stryker, not Stryker himself. Who would she be retrieving him for? And now none of Stryker and Wolverine's interactions in X2 make any sense.
    5. X2 happened the same way, but Jean survived? Or did she just not become Dark Phoenix, and simply came back to life and retained herself?

I personally believe that X1 and X2 only happened similarly in the new timeline. Well, X1 could largely happen the same, but X2 can't.
    My mutant brain hurts now...
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    My mutant ability is bringing out things you didn't think about twenty minutes ago.
    My mutant ability is bringing out things you didn't think about twenty minutes ago.

I rate X-Men movies by adamantium content. 1 & 3 are great... The wolverine is cool too... Days Of Future Past is lame, however X-2 is AWESOME. The rest suck.
    What's wrong with First Class?
    What's wrong with First Class?
    No adamantium.
    It didn't need any. Plus, who's to say Shaw's helmet wasn't made of Adamantium?
    It didn't need any. Plus, who's to say Shaw's helmet wasn't made of Adamantium?
    Of course I'm just being silly- First Class was, err, first class! I loved it.
    We just watched First Class & Days Of Future Past. We love the former, but the latter had us scratching our heads... does Logan wake from the watery grave to have his consciousness snapped back to the future with no recollection of what happened to him in the new timeline in between? And does the adamantium thing ever happen? It seems not....?
    My Son is of the opinion that this entry suffered from lazy writing just to give us a happy ending/new beginning for all the characters... I can't fanwank it well enough to dispute him...
    HELP!!!!
    My take on Xmen films is a total wipe after Days... Its not probably as well executed as fox would like, though I see Days... As a soft reboot. The continuity prior to Days... Is a muddle.
    My take on Xmen films is a total wipe after Days... Its not probably as well executed as fox would like, though I see Days... As a soft reboot. The continuity prior to Days... Is a muddle.
    Personally, X 1-3, The Wolverine & First class are all great. Days Of Future Past & Wolverine: Origins are excellent if you've had your Martinis shaken not stirred.
    ;)
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Bizarrely I watch X3 more than any of the Xmen films probably out of curiosity (Ideas not brought to fruition). I think after Apocalypse... They will do the Phoenix saga. First Class is my favourite due to Vaughn, when he hits the mark its the best scenes I have seen in the serious.
    Bizarrely I watch X3 more than any of the Xmen films probably out of curiosity (Ideas not brought to fruition).
    I love the film because of the extreme emotional content. I cry twice during the film... not many movies do that to me.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 6,432
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Bizarrely I watch X3 more than any of the Xmen films probably out of curiosity (Ideas not brought to fruition).
    I love the film because of the extreme emotional content. I cry twice during the film... not many movies do that to me.

The deleted scenes are interesting in The Last Stand, the threat that Dark Phoenix makes to Magneto seems far more powerful.

The film does have good moments, the Alkaline lake scenes are quite eerie. I think Phoenix was suppressed as she really is way too powerful, just wish they had stuck more to the original story line. Prof X death really should not be as controversial as it seemed to be, they clearly cover his return in the film and more so in another deleted scene.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2016 Posts: 15,690
    Full trailer:

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That left me a bit underwhelmed.
    Yeah, the first trailer was good, the second not so much. And I don't like the use of X1 ending dialogue performed so perfectly by Stewart and McKellen being used here.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    X-Men vs God, this will be good.
    Looks pretty good to me. As always, I'm in.
    I must say, I was surprised by this trailer. An X-Men film that actually bucks the trend and looks like it'll be good. I might have to give this one a chance.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 17,691
    dalton wrote: »
    An X-Men film that actually bucks the trend and looks like it'll be good.
    GRRRRRRRRRR!