Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    QBranch wrote: »
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    The eyes in my avatar are sinister, however, and they are looking at your face. $-)
    You're looking at my face like there's something on it, but neither Bérénice nor Naomie are wearing red lippy!
    Oh, there's an explanation. It isn't a red dress that Bérénice is wearing, you know.
    Kinky...
    It's painted on with lipstick? Nice. Bery nice.

I just pay it lip service.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    So I was laying on my bed watching YouTube and I see something just beyond my phone and it was a CAMEL SPIDER ON MY BED! ONE OF THESE:
    EremocostaStriataAZ2a.jpg
    I need to move!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2019 Posts: 10,588
    My god, that's utterly horrifying.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Did you give it a few good smacks with your shoe?
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Did you give it a few good smacks with your shoe?

Haha yes I did! But the shoe was on my foot and it was after I flailed around like an idiot trying to get off my bed away from it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    So I was laying on my bed watching YouTube and I see something just beyond my phone and it was a CAMEL SPIDER ON MY BED! ONE OF THESE:
    I need to move!

You should've burned the house down and moved thousands of miles away, just to be sure.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I need to move!

You should've burned the house down and moved thousands of miles away, just to be sure.

He had it as a nighttime snack.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Seriously, are these spiders considered dangerous or not? I don't know.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Seriously, are these spiders considered dangerous or not? I don't know.

"Camel spiders eat or chew on people while they sleep. Their venom numbs the area so people can't feel the bites: Camel spiders are not venomous, and though their bites are painful, they are not deadly to humans, according to NSF."

They won't kill you, they'll just hit you with some venomous anesthesia and eat your skin and flesh. All OK, then!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 13,943
    Thanks for sending a wave of fear up my spine. Apparently it isn't even classed as a spider.

I remember standing on a big huntsman about ten years ago - with my bare foot. Of course, I didn't realize it was there at the time! *shudder*
    Thanks for sending a wave of fear up my spine. Apparently it isn't even classed as a spider.

I remember standing on a big huntsman about ten years ago - with my bare foot. Of course, I didn't realize it was there at the time! *shudder*

Aren t you from Australia? I hear even dogs, cats and horses are poisonous there.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Pretty scary creature, though fascinating.
    Yep. Drop bears are the worst.

If you see those Qoalas on a Branch, you are done for.

Aren t you from Australia? I hear even dogs, cats and horses are poisonous there.

One of the reasons I'm unlikely to ever visit Australia. Much safer here in Norway!

One of the reasons I'm unlikely to ever visit Australia. Much safer here in Norway!

Yes, only politicians and journalists are posionous here.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,295

As in every other country. Also, politicians and journalists are unlikely to be found crawling up from the foot of your bed like a big spider.

As in every other country. Also, politicians and journalists are unlikely to be found crawling up from the foot of your bed like a big spider.

Haven t you heard about Giske?

Well, yes (haha!). But I thought he was more of a bar/club type!

Imagine Grande, then.
    If you see those Qoalas on a Branch, you are done for.
    Hehe
    Oh yes, we have plenty of snakes too.

Imagine Grande, then.

Damn, had forgotten about that one…
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Are the MI6 Community Awards going to continue?
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Are the MI6 Community Awards going to continue?

Yes, I was wondering that myself. It's been a while.
    At least tell us who the losers of the latest round are, so we can rub it in early.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Something else: I just noticed that amazon.co.uk has the entire James Bond Collection (JB 1 through 24) on Blu-ray for a paltry GBP 42.41. OK, I've had them all on Blu-ray since 2012 (SP, of course, only since 2015), but I find it unbelievable how they can churn this out at about GBP 1.75 per disc. In 2012, the Anniversary Collection was over a hundred Euros, and I alread had several of the films on Blu-ray but I still bought it because overall it was cheaper than getting the missing ones separately.
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The Bond 25 press conference.