All the Bond actors in a fight - who wins?

Comments

• edited November 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Moore wins but only after substituting himself for Bob Simmons.
  • Moore wins but only after substituting himself for Bob Simmons.

But what if Connery ties the same technique?
  • MrBondMrBond Station S

But what if Connery ties the same technique?

Then Moore will bite the dusht.

No, but Craig or Lazenby would win. Both of them are highly physical.
    It's just a shame that Dalton never got a chance to get involved in a real fight sequence.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I'd wager Craig would win (speed and agility being his strengths as Bond), with Lazenby a close second.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Getting back to this thread after pages and pages.
    Today I say:

Craig would beat everybody, including Lazenby because he is a tad cleverer and every bit as driven as any of them. George can fight and would be a close 2nd.
  • Getting back to this thread after pages and pages.
    Today I say:

Craig would beat everybody, including Lazenby because he is a tad cleverer and every bit as driven as any of them. George can fight and would be a close 2nd.

as Craig can survive drops off waterfalls, shot off of moving trains, hanging on to elevators to the tops of buildings and thump knows what other amazing (and implausible) feats of endurance, and George Lazenby never got involved in such things, you may well have a case there

You watch sometimes in recent releases and think Craig would have a chance on his own against Zod, Non and Ursa from Superman II. Let's try to keep things realistic
    Rog would sit back, have a puff on his cigar watch the others annihilate eachother, jump in front of the back projection and claim the victory!
  • I'd be surprised if Sean Connery didn't win (in his prime, of course). I remembered reading/hearing at some point that he (SC) had competed for Mr. Universe a few years prior to his acting career taking off, so I consulted Wikipedia for his biography. According to the bio, he began bodybuiding at 18 (around 1948) and entered the Mr. Universe contest in 1953. Indications are that he may have even "placed" in the contest. So he would have likely had a natural good physique to start with. According to the bio he was also scouted by a manager of the Manchester United football team (soccer to us Americans), and offered him a contract, so he would have been athletic as well as having a good build. I've also heard that he's been involved in a real life scrap or two and always came out on top, indicating he wouldn't back down.
    Don't know much about the physical abilities of the others, though Daniel Craig seems to be very tough and scrappy. SC does have several inches in height over DC, so I'd have to give SC an edge there. Other than DC being shorter than the rest of the group, I think he'd fare pretty well one on one. Dalton and Lazenby, appear rather solid, where Moore and Brosnan seem a little more on the lanky side.
    Hum, so here's my take: 1. Connery (clear hands down winner), 2. Craig (would pitbull the rest of the group and eventually wear them down), 3. Lazenby (his ego likely would give him the edge over Timothy), 4. Dalton (If George really wants it that bad, he can have it), 5. Brosnan (would make a surprisingly tough go of it considering his slighter size), 6. Well sorry Roger, you know what they say about nice guys finishing last (because the gentleman would probably forfeit the entire challange).
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I would like to think that Moore certainly had the right physic in accordance to how Fleming described Bond. So with the right directing and if Moore would have a better mindset to the fightscenes, then we could have gotten something good out of him!

That's basically the entire film of A View to A Kill that you've described there, @WillyGalore!
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 63
    Pierce Brosnan. By the grip of his teeth.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    My bet is on Craig, unless the other five join forces. Maybe even then.
    My bet is on Craig, unless the other five join forces. Maybe even then.

Nah. DC might be a beefcake, but he's not a fighter. Laz or Sean would make him into mince meat.
    Connery wins.Cos he is, and always will be the best James Bond.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 7,653
    Moore wins, he would deck them all by the sheer power of his expressive EYEBROWS, no defense possible.
    Brosnan would be highly amused by that and so Moore & Brosnan wander of in the distance looking for a decent vodka-martini. ;)
    SaintMark wrote:
    Moore wins, he would deck the mall by the sheer power of his expressive EYEBROWS, no defense possible.
    Brosnan would be highly amused by that and so Moore & Brosnan wander of in the distance looking for a decent vodka-martini. ;)

Well, they are certainly brothers in arms, so that fits.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 17,787
    Birdleson wrote:
    Lazenby.

I see your point there, yes.
    Birdleson wrote:
    He was a real brawler, he did, I believe, all of his own fight scenes and he studied with Bruce Lee. Is that better?

Yes, I got it first time round, but that's great!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Brosnan: He's got so many guns and explosive gadgets he'd spam the arena with Proximity mines before the other Bonds had a chance to move. :))
    edited March 2014 Posts: 17,787
    Murdock wrote:
    Brosnan: He's got so many guns and explosive gadgets he'd spam the arena with Proximity mines before the other Bonds had a chance to move. :))

And Brosnan's often a mix between the Terminator and Robocop when it comes to his most expansive one man army action scenes (see especially GE, TND and DAD here).
    This could be anyone's game haha. I would say it's mostly between Connery, Lazenby, Brosnan, and Craig though.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Realistically? Lazenby would come out the winner.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    If we are talking the actors themselves in their prime- Lazenby of course.
    Craig or Lazenby for me.....it would be a blood-fest between those two...
  • RC7RC7
    Moore - he'd casually observe the others scrap it out and when there is a single Bond left standing, too exhausted to continue, he'd simply walk over and topple them with a shove to the face.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 19,339
    RC7 wrote:
    Moore - he'd casually observe the others scrap it out and when there is a single Bond left standing, too exhausted to continue, he'd simply walk over and topple them with a shove to the face.
    Just like SPECTRE'S Siamese fighting fish...'one waits until the victor is so exhausted he cant defend himself,then,like SPECTRE,he strikes.....'
  • RC7RC7
    barryt007 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Just like SPECTRE'S Siamese fighting fish...'one waits until the victor is so exhausted he cant defend himself,then,like SPECTRE,he strikes.....'

Exactly. Rog is the smartest of the lot.

Rog would beat them all on style. Nothing can match his safari suits and cardigans.
  • Craig would pout and mumble his way to Brosnan's laser watch.
    Brosnan would choke on his own brill cream.