All the Bond actors in a fight - who wins?

Comments

• chrisisall wrote:
    Realistically? Lazenby would come out the winner.

"Realistically?" We're talking Bond here, realism went out the window long ago! While I'm rooting for Sean, and can certainly see the rationales for Craig or Lazenby, I must say that the points in favor of Roger and Pierce are quite amusing. Eyebrows and cardigans, indeed!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Brosnan would grab two machine guns and take out everybody with just a tiny flick of his head to the side as Murdock's planted bombs go off.
  • It's that "tiny flick of his head to the side" that lets you know it was Brosnan. PIERCE Brosnan.

That plus the planted bombs, of course...
    Connery vs Lazenby. Connery holds a black belt on kyokushinkai karate (my sensei confirmed that. Heck, he even fought Dolph Lundgren before the Swede got famous) and loves a good brawl Lazenby is an expert in hand to hand combat, apparently stronger than Sean and also loves a good brawl.

I'd put my money on George.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Connery's no nonsense manliness gives him the edge. Plus, Brisbab and his machine guns would be useless a against ConneryBond, all that chest hair is bullet proof.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    doubleoego wrote:
    Connery's no nonsense manliness gives him the edge. Plus, Brisbab and his machine guns would be useless a against ConneryBond, all that chest hair is bullet proof.

;))
    I like the idea of Connery taking out Laz (let's face it - they're the only two real contenders). I think Laz's arrogance might be his downfall - he's so full of himself that he'd underestimate Conners and let his guard down.
  • Bros or Dalts will win :)
    A fight between Broz, Dalton and Rog would be a more equal match. I'm not sure if Craig is actually genuinely tough or just spends a lot of time getting ripped in the gym.
  • @Getafix: i think your are right. The endgame would be between Connery & Craig and then two questions would appear: is DC just spending time to get ripped - in this case he probably wins over Connery in bodypower, but Connery looks like hes a tricky bastard, so he could win with some clever move, that dont evolve musclepower (even though hes not weak at all)..
    @Getafix: i think your are right. The endgame would be between Connery & Craig and then two questions would appear: is DC just spending time to get ripped - in this case he probably wins over Connery in bodypower, but Connery looks like hes a tricky bastard, so he could win with some clever move, that dont evolve musclepower (even though hes not weak at all)..

I think Conners would definitely win that fight.
  • Craig will win. Blond and part of the MASTER RACE!!!! :bz
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    Somehow I see Moore winning.
    Pajan005 wrote:

Rog does have the air of someone who always comes out on top!
    Getafix wrote:

Exactly. He would get away with it.
    Pajan005 wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

Exactly. He would get away with it.

Legend.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 19,339

• Getafix wrote:
    Pajan005 wrote:

Very nice.. and somehow credible
    Getafix wrote:
    Pajan005 wrote:

Very nice.. and somehow credible

You get it.

Laz or Sean would win. probably Laz
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 7,500
    I think many underestimate Tim. He is not up there on shear force, but his agility, pace and movement is heads above the rest! And that's provided his icy cold stare doesn't do the job for him... >:)
    I believe I'm right in saying that Tim's father was also special forces (SAS?) during WW2, so it runs in the veins.
    Connery defeats Moore, Lazenby defeats Dalton, Craig defeats Brosnan.

Tough call between the top three.
    There's only real two contenders: Connery and Lazenby. Both have a history of being ready with their fists and coming out on top, though I think Connery has the edge as he's the only one that's taken on more than one guy and knocked them out. Again, this comes from various sources published in the dailies over the course of many decades. Even Sir Michael Caine mentions Connery beat four men single-handedly. His words: “I was 23 and Sean was 26 and he had just got into the chorus of South Pacific. He was Mr Edinburgh at that time and built like Arnie Schwarzenegger. Sean got into all that bodybuilding stuff. One Saturday night he walked into a party where I was with two beautiful girls. He saw me and we became friends. Once, we were in a club and some girls were on stage trying to sing. Some guys behind us were giving them a hard time, so Sean just got up and beat all four of them up. I just held his coat!”

There have been many stories of Connery's ability to beat people up with his fists down the years, this is just one recent example that's come to light. In his younger days he was also a bouncer at the Palais de Danse (Oliver Reed was also a bouncer at a Soho club at aged 17) and there were plenty of accounts of him beating guys up on a rowdy night. From all the stuff I've read down the years, Connery was the real deal. There's also his fight with a big time Los Angeles mobster over Lana Turner. Legend has it that Stompanato pulled a gun on Connery, who grabbed the gangster's wrist, twisted it until the piece dropped out and then decked the man. Lazenby, too, would get into scrapes. He gave Oliver Reed that scar on his face, remember?

I've never read this of Craig, though. And as some here might recall, I've acually spent time with DC before he became Bond in a pub, and though I'll say he can be quite terse to people he doesn't know, he's not in the Connery league of tough guys. As for Moore, Dalton and Brosnan, they're just actors pretending to be tough.
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    Lazenby's unquestionably on top if it's a fight between the actors themselves. Between the various Bond iterations, it's either Lazenby or Craig's version.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I think the best Bonds at fighting, in that they look and move like fighters are
    Connery, Lazenby and Craig. Of those three, I think Connery has the edge.
  • I'm a Moore kid, but it's no question that Connery, Lazenby or Craig would come on top in a fight.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I wouldn't count out Moore. Always a smart operator, he'd probably use his brains to find some tool or mechanism to disarm his opponent or remove his advantage.

If all else fails, he'd drop the facade & probably just knee him in the nuts or something else dirty, like in TMWTGG martial arts school (one of my favourite moments of his - no Queensbury rules here).
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Connery and Lazenby will beat the shit out the others.
    Moore and Brosnan will win if guns are involved.
    Craig will win armwrestling.
    Dalton will win reciting Shakespeare or if automatic weapons are involved.
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    Brosnan wins the automatic weapons duel, I think.