edited February 2020 Posts: 3,497
    Octopussy wrote: »
    Vantage convertible looks awesome.

No, you won't be able to borrow mine. [-X

Alfa Romeo Diva by Sbarro:

PN812Dr.jpg

8cU2KSs.jpg
    Looks like an F50 that ate a 4C. And I really want it :-D
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    You won't get it. As I understand it, there's only one. And it's fourteen years old. I mean, who would want a car as old as that. No Internet connection. No rearview camera. Stone age.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    You won't get it. As I understand it, there's only one. And it's fourteen years old. I mean, who would want a car as old as that. No Internet connection. No rearview camera. Stone age.

Well, if you're giving it away... I mean my 156 is almost 20.... ;-D I'll take it!
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 1,081

Well, if you're giving it away... I mean my 156 is almost 20.... ;-D I'll take it!

Alfa Romeo's are for what a car should be for: driving. They pure, unadulterated fun. I've had a 156 TI and a 147 Monza and loved them.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    A true classic that has been in production for 23 years now: the Lotus Elise...

sNiPO1C.jpg
    523e2d635feb3ce07abdcc978b1822db.JPG

Ferrari Roma. I'm loving the look of this 612HP GT. There's obviously similarities between the new Vantage, but I think I like this more. The interior is the best since the 550 Maranello.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Oh I think it’s much nicer than the Astons: it’s a different sized car to the Vantage too, isn’t it?
    523e2d635feb3ce07abdcc978b1822db.JPG

Ferrari Roma. I'm loving the look of this 612HP GT. There's obviously similarities between the new Vantage, but I think I like this more. The interior is the best since the 550 Maranello.

Yep, easily the best looking Ferrari in ages. And the interior doesn't look cheap for a change.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 1,081
    mtm wrote: »
    Oh I think it’s much nicer than the Astons: it’s a different sized car to the Vantage too, isn’t it?

No similar, I've seen a side by side comparison.

mtm wrote: »

No similar, I've seen a side by side comparison.

Nice carre. :D
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I'm not too convinced. I'll stick to Alfa's. @Octopussy definately! None of my friends understand why I stick to the 156. But when I need to drive it's oten quite far. I can tell you when she broke down I got a brand new Skoda Octavia as a replacement. Even though there's about 20 years inbetween them, I'd never trade the 156 in for the far more fuel efficient, modern, gadget-laden Octavia. No way. I was happy as can be when I got my own back!
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    What keeps me from wanting any of those modern sports cars (and yes, if I felt like going into debt for something like that, I could probably afford it [Disclaimer: I don't feel like doing that]), I'd hate the noise that those vehicles are making! I can't stand noise from my car, especially when specifically enhanced by exhaust valves or the like! I don't want to hear it myself, and I'd be embarrassed to drive around with something that makes more noise bothering others than necessary. Any devices that make a car sound "more sporty" or "more powerful", especially while accelerating, are strictly out fo bounds for me. Making unnecessary noise is purely adolescent, juvenile, and ultimately idiotic. If there's one thing I like about electric vehicles, it's the ability to accelerate quietly without announcing it to the world.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 6,677
    What keeps me from wanting any of those modern sports cars (and yes, if I felt like going into debt for something like that, I could probably afford it [Disclaimer: I don't feel like doing that]), I'd hate the noise that those vehicles are making! I can't stand noise from my car, especially when specifically enhanced by exhaust valves or the like! I don't want to hear it myself, and I'd be embarrassed to drive around with something that makes more noise bothering others than necessary. Any devices that make a car sound "more sporty" or "more powerful", especially while accelerating, are strictly out fo bounds for me. Making unnecessary noise is purely adolescent, juvenile, and ultimately idiotic. If there's one thing I like about electric vehicles, it's the ability to accelerate quietly without announcing it to the world.

Buy a 1.5 Mx5. Rear wheel drive, light, just under a 1000kg, not that noisy, as it is naturally aspirated, it's got a sweet sounding exhaust note, very low and metallic, it's sporty and it doesn't have many electronics. Just pure raw, slightly cheap, fun :) For people who like cars for the pleasure of driving, and are not showy teenagers.

I know I like mine. Still, I dream of my old Alfa very, very often. Too often in fact.
    Univex wrote: »

Buy a 1.5 Mx5. Rear wheel drive, light, just under a 1000kg, not that noisy, as it is naturally aspirated, it's got a sweet sounding exhaust note, very low and metallic, it's sporty and it doesn't have many electronics. Just pure raw, slightly cheap, fun :) For people who like cars for the pleasure of driving, and are not showy teenagers.

I know I like mine. Still, I dream of my old Alfa very, very often. Too often in fact.
    Actually, I used to have an MX-5 NA, red of course, for sixteen years, from 1992 until 2008. Loved it, but felt it was time for it to go when finally the door sills rusted through. I still got a good price for it. Its successor, a BMW 330d hardtop convertible, will be twelve years old in May. Great car, too, but not a little fun gem like the Mazda.
    I knew you were that kind of a fellow fella ;) I've got an ND myself, I drive it every day. It's just as fun as you can get. A fun little gem as you say.

But I still miss my old Alfa. If only they had kept their project with Mazda for the Duettotanta instead of the 124 Fiat Spider. I'd be driving one of these for sure.

img_duettottanta_2.jpg

334561-svetik_2560x1440.jpg
    ElPoeUz.jpg

We have neighbours that had an Acclaim when they moved here in 1982.
    Univex wrote: »
    I knew you were that kind of a fellow fella ;) I've got an ND myself, I drive it every day. It's just as fun as you can get. A fun little gem as you say.

But I still miss my old Alfa. If only they had kept their project with Mazda for the Duettotanta instead of the 124 Fiat Spider. I'd be driving one of these for sure.

img_duettottanta_2.jpg

334561-svetik_2560x1440.jpg

oy, that'd be a fantastic car to drive!
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    ElPoeUz.jpg

We have neighbours that had an Acclaim when they moved here in 1982.

That's pretty special! A Leyland-built car with the most boring design possible...

8dd93a05492098496340a80f31c1db6c.jpg

Whats everyone drive? I drive a Mark 7 Golf GTI. I'll be changing end of the year, though.
    Always love a Golf. Specially a GTI. What will you be getting next, @Octopussy?

This one's my daily drive.

Mazda-MX-5-Z-Sport-image-Convertible-017-800.jpg
    Some nice cars here! As I've said before, I drive a 156 1,8 litre sportwagon.

Love it! @CommanderRoss. God, I miss my Alfa. Cherish it well.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    030.jpg

My car for the weekends looks very much like this one.
    zebrafish wrote: »
    030.jpg

My car for the weekends looks very much like this one.

Beautiful!
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    @Univex Thanks :-)
    This looks exactly like my car after crossing half of Iceland. Oh, wait, it IS my car after crossing half of Iceland, summer 2017.
    jeepgcphjrb.jpg
    hahaha somehow I think you can tell there's a lot of car love in this thread! @j_w_pepper I take it after the other half of iceland the car had completed its transformation? ;-) An epic journey with the right vehicle!
    hahaha somehow I think you can tell there's a lot of car love in this thread! @j_w_pepper I take it after the other half of iceland the car had completed its transformation? ;-) An epic journey with the right vehicle!
    No, I think I managed to wash it somehow before getting back on the ferry to Denmark. It wasn't all tan by then.
    Come to think of it, is it ok to post a picture of a diesel car on a thread called "The Petrolhead Lounge"?