The Petrolhead Lounge

Comments

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    https://www.karmaautomotive.com/

Fisker still exists...

Still don't look appealing to me at all.... Although the new model isn't half bad. But the current one? nope.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    https://www.karmaautomotive.com/

Fisker still exists...

Still don't look appealing to me at all.... Although the new model isn't half bad. But the current one? nope.

I like all of their models except the SC1... :-?
    8yz0YGN.jpg

Mercedes 300SL replica by Kindig Customs
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That’s very impressive.

I actually saw a silver DB5 on the motorway yesterday! :)
    czYbC72.jpg

Datsun 240z :)
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Agent_99 wrote: »

Sort of reminds me of the Cygnet. Putting leather sports seats and a badge on something doesn’t really make it an Aston...
    v12-speedster-announcement-jpg-29447e.jpg

Coming soon. AM V12 Speedster. 88 will be made.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    2.jpg

GAZ-24_%281st_generation%29_%22Volga%22_%28interior%29.jpg

GAZ Volga 24: Built between 1970 and 1985, in the thick of the Cold War era. Nevertheless, I quite like the design. It even was in a Bond movie:

Toyota-GR-Yaris-2021-1280-01.jpg

Toyota Yaris GR with 275 bhp... :-?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2020 Posts: 14,951
    Yeah I love that Yaris: Autocar had a disguised version on the track just before Christmas and I thought it looked terrific! Look at those rear arches :D You just know that'll be an absolute hoot.
    mtm wrote: »
    Yeah I love that Yaris: Autocar had a disguised version on the track just before Christmas and I thought it looked terrific! Look at those rear arches :D You just know that'll be an absolute hoot.

It looks great. The "standard" version has like this ugly grille.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Look at the size of that intercooler! :D I see there's even a Japanese version with 268bhp- and all from a three cylinder 1.6l! Outrageous :)
    mtm wrote: »
    Look at the size of that intercooler! :D I see there's even a Japanese version with 268bhp- and all from a three cylinder 1.6l! Outrageous :)

:D
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I don't believe Toyota have ever made a car that I have liked. Not a big fan of Japanese cars on the whole, to be honest. No thanks Jeff. Though I do like the Mitsubishi Starion, and the Lancer Evo V.
    I don't believe Toyota have ever made a car that I have liked. Not a big fan of Japanese cars on the whole, to be honest. No thanks Jeff. Though I do like the Mitsubishi Starion, and the Lancer Evo V.

The old subaru imprezza i liked.

I've always had a thing for Subaru.

I especially the WRX, WRX STI, this generation of the Legacy... because I test drove it...

O4jqeEf.jpg

And the previous generation Forester 2.0XT.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

The original one, with the rectangular headlights?

Yes, most deinately. The WRX version. Like the Lancer Evo as well. Pretty cool cars. Subaru's are cool as they're very functional, rough cars. I like cars with an edge to them. tbh I like Japanese cars more and more. The randomness has gone and they seem to be truly designed these days, something the Koreans still have to pick up on. Like Mazda's latest incarnations as well, both the 3 and the 6. And the MX5, but for other reasons. The MX8 is something special too.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Yes, most deinately. The WRX version. Like the Lancer Evo as well. Pretty cool cars. Subaru's are cool as they're very functional, rough cars. I like cars with an edge to them. tbh I like Japanese cars more and more. The randomness has gone and they seem to be truly designed these days, something the Koreans still have to pick up on. Like Mazda's latest incarnations as well, both the 3 and the 6. And the MX5, but for other reasons. The MX8 is something special too.

Mazda has some nice cars in their current lineup.

Apart from the 2, I like all of them actually.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.

Mazda has some nice cars in their current lineup.

Apart from the 2, I like all of them actually.

My wife and I used to have a 1992 MX-5 NA for 16 years. It was the most reliable and uncomplicated car we ever owned, and a hell of a lot of fun. It was only when the side sills had rusted through and we considered it had no ABS, no side impact protection and so on, that we decided to sell it (for EUR 3,000, after all) and get a BMW 330d Convertible (E93). The BMW is still with us (now as our "second" car), with 200,000 kms on the clock, but the MX-5 was sort of the love of my life among cars I owned.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 3,497
    ygWDJsD.jpg

Warehousesale @ The Gallery...

https://www.gallery-aaldering.com/nl/
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I'll just pop in here to say Aston Martin has cancelled the Rapide E. I would've been fine with it, but wasn't too keen on Bond driving it as had been reported in various tabloids.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    ygWDJsD.jpg

I considered ordering the 300 SL Roadster for a paltry EUR 998,500 but my wife insisted that that was beyond my budget. So I'm afraid I'll have to settle for the red E-Type 3.8 L drophead for about EUR 150,000. Dang.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    ygWDJsD.jpg

I considered ordering the 300 SL Roadster for a paltry EUR 998,500 but my wife insisted that that was beyond my budget. So I'm afraid I'll have to settle for the red E-Type 3.8 L drophead for about EUR 150,000. Dang.

Well, it's still better than nothing. :-?