Why ??!!...The whinging,moaning,complaining,ranting,letting off steam thread !!

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I can't connect my Microsoft Wireless Keyboard to my Microsoft Surface Pro. I hate bluetooth.

Bluetooth sucks. Couldn't get my wireless headset to connect. Printers are the worst!

I had it in my previous car and never used it once. Can't be bothered with these modern idiotic devices. They're meant to make things "oh so simple" and they really don't. They often only needlessly complicate matters. Sometimes the old ways are still the best.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Definitely; I've had myriad problems with car bluetooth as well. If a peripheral has a USB option, I use it 100% of the time.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I can't connect my Microsoft Wireless Keyboard to my Microsoft Surface Pro. I hate bluetooth.

When all else fails, smash it violently with a hammer. It'll make you feel better, at least!
    Creasy47 wrote: »

When all else fails, smash it violently with a hammer. It'll make you feel better, at least!

It is a nice, thin, bluetooth keyboard. I thought for a second or two about snapping it in half, but I got the better of myself and hid it away from my wrath.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Unfortunately, my Jamaica retirement is but a dream, but if it becomes true someday, I'll let you know!
    Thank you, I'm looking forward to it, since my wife and I have mostly cancelled other travels for the time being. Our last somewhat "major" trips were to Martinique (2006/07) and Tenerife (2009). OK, and Iceland (2017), but that's a different category and motivation.

I think going to an ice palace can be quite interesting. Did you have an Aston Martin Vanish as well?
    I'm afraid I had to settle for a very visible Jeep Grand Cherokee... really the better car for Iceland anyway.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

It is a nice, thin, bluetooth keyboard. I thought for a second or two about snapping it in half, but I got the better of myself and hid it away from my wrath.

You're stronger than I am.

You're stronger than I am.

I would've really had to put my back into it. :))
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Had a wireless keyboard and wireless mouse at some point. No more. The technology will have to regain my confidence before I go back. Give me cords and wires, please. My current wireless headphones are a blast, though.
    I was actually just thinking that; for the most part my wireless headphones are quite robust and do an admirable job. I’m constantly moving them from one device to another and they do pretty well.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    I've got a cheap wireless keyboard that when you move it an inch, it immediately loses connection and takes a second to start working again. No good. But I've also got a wireless Logitech keyboard that's really good.
    edited September 2022 Posts: 7,526
    I'm eyeballing this:
    https://www.keychron.com/products/keychron-k4-wireless-mechanical-keyboard-version-2?variant=32287332696153
    Wired, Numpad, Mechanical with linear switches... Big want.

EDIT: So, it does say wireless... :)) but it can be plugged in as well.
    Looks good, but I am sticking to my Cherry for now. 😉
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

If you look closely, you can see Boris Johnson in the backround, with a remote control, stabbing at the buttons.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    "Liz" Truss. Is that short for lizard?
    edited September 2022 Posts: 7,526
    No one here probably plays Elden Ring, but:

Rya-Elden-Ring-735x413.jpg.webp

This character does in fact turn into a giant snake.
    edited September 2022 Posts: 17,804
    "Liz" Truss. Is that short for lizard?

I know that Pete Price is a lizard if that's any help? 🦎
    No one here probably plays Elden Ring, but:

Rya-Elden-Ring-735x413.jpg.webp

This character does in fact turn into a giant snake.

Presumably she's going to gobble up the cost of living crisis.
    Re the BlueTooth problem. Got a brush with that one myself. I wanted to use my tablet while on vacation, and tried to type the password of the appartment I was staying it, to no avail. I discovered that the reason why was because, although the keyboard (BlueTooth) I was using, although written in frenhc, was in fact set to enlish. In short, A became Q, and so on. Which of course didn't help when typing such a complicated password. Since then, I use my phone exclusively, and go to a library when I want to type something.

Now, about yesterday. I got a nasty surprise when coming home from work : my key couldn't enter my lock. The fact that there was work (noisy and dusty) in the hallway was probably the cause. Thankfully, I didn't have to call a locksmith, a bit of lubricant did the trick. Let's hope it sticks.
    Some student of my school thought it funny today to throw several slices of bread with jam against an almost unreachable window inside the school building. The cleaning crew will have a hard time getting the stains off the glass given its height. I just don't get it. Whoever did this is neither a rebel nor a tough guy nor someone earning "street cred". It's someone deliberately throwing dirt against a window to give others a lot of work. It's a coward.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Bonus points if it was Wilkin & Sons Tiptree Little Scarlet strawberry jam.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Some student of my school thought it funny today to throw several slices of bread with jam against an almost unreachable window inside the school building. The cleaning crew will have a hard time getting the stains off the glass given its height. I just don't get it. Whoever did this is neither a rebel nor a tough guy nor someone earning "street cred". It's someone deliberately throwing dirt against a window to give others a lot of work. It's a coward.

Someone has to earn their... crust.

mr-bean-wink.gif
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible

He was just playing Skyfall and leaving a trail of breadcrumbs for Silva to follow.
    mattjoes wrote: »

He was just playing Skyfall and leaving a trail of breadcrumbs for Silva to follow.

That makes sense. 😉
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Our little guy has been going to school for the first three weeks now, and managed to get first an ear infection (I joined the fun), belly infection (again) and now a virus infection. The poor guy is so ill, it breaks my heart. How's going to school ever a healthy thing? They don't check if he ate his lunch, they don't mind it when he leaves his jacket at the playground.... they're so ignorant. And mind you, this is a rather highly rated school here.
    And because of it I've got trouble expanding my company, not beeing able to work much in the evening hours.
    So I had my annual physical this month which didn't go in my favor. In spite of my increased exercise, and diligence in the types of food I consume, my blood pressure got dangerously high. This is likely due in part to stress and grief. Every month or so for the past year I've gotten the news that someone close has passed. So some lifestyle changes are recommended or rather required. I may try and get involved in more community activity in my town.
    Our little guy has been going to school for the first three weeks now, and managed to get first an ear infection (I joined the fun), belly infection (again) and now a virus infection. The poor guy is so ill, it breaks my heart. How's going to school ever a healthy thing? They don't check if he ate his lunch, they don't mind it when he leaves his jacket at the playground.... they're so ignorant. And mind you, this is a rather highly rated school here.
    And because of it I've got trouble expanding my company, not beeing able to work much in the evening hours.

Hope he feels better soon. I remember what it was like being a kid at school and in an environment where it's easy to catch infections and illnesses. School staff aren't always on top of things.
    FUUUUUUUDGE ! I discovered this morning that I have lost my driving license. Not only that, but I have the stongest suspicion that I am responsible for that (by forgetting to put it out of the wallet before throwing said wallet in the trashcan). So, not only have I lost an important paper, but in humiliating circumstances too. I will have to have it replaced as quickly as possible (or at least have a temporary replacement) because I'll need it by the end of the month. SHI... TAKE MUSHROOM !
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Still better than one alternative @Gerard.

s-l400.jpg
    edited October 2022 Posts: 17,804
    Gerard wrote: »
    FUUUUUUUDGE ! I discovered this morning that I have lost my driving license. Not only that, but I have the stongest suspicion that I am responsible for that (by forgetting to put it out of the wallet before throwing said wallet in the trashcan). So, not only have I lost an important paper, but in humiliating circumstances too. I will have to have it replaced as quickly as possible (or at least have a temporary replacement) because I'll need it by the end of the month. SHI... TAKE MUSHROOM !

I hope your licence will soon be renewed, @Gerard. Here's something to cheer you up in the meantime:

• SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters

@DarthDimi you're a teacher?
    MI6HQ wrote: »

Yes, I am. I have the most noble profession of all. 😉
    MI6HQ wrote: »

Yes, I am. I have the most noble profession of all. 😉

Dimi is the Steven Seagal of Teachers. They call him in to teach the teachers.