Why ??!!...The whinging,moaning,complaining,ranting,letting off steam thread !!

edited September 2017 in General Discussion Posts: 19,339
This thread is simply as the title explains...

Why ?......

Anything that annoys you, or you wonder 'why' ?!

(Or if you have just had an argument in another thread, come in here and scream !! )

Like this one,that really gets on my nerves.

Why..........do people wear sunglasses on the underground/tube/subway ?

Do they seriously think they look 'cool'...they look like grade 1 idiots...they arnt going to get sunstroke ffs ...why ?

Answer if you can or come up with your own 'why' ?!

Comments

Why ... do ITV butcher films and not show them in their original aspect ratio?
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Dennison wrote: »
    Why ... do ITV butcher films and not show them in their original aspect ratio?

Because,even though a film is waaay past the watershed,they still presume they will get complaints,plus they have to fit in adverts,without making the film extra extra long,so they hack it.

What they do to Bond films is disgusting,and Bond is on way to much...they need to keep them for holiday weekends,Easter,Xmas,New Year etc and show them in full
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Why do people throw litter in the streets, often close to garbage cans even?
    tenor.gif
    Because humans in this day and age are nasty little creatures...

fd807f25bb4e5a067dd4983a2e72b58e.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    People who make abrupt stops, thus blocking entrance/exit ways and ticket barriers.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    People who make abrupt stops, thus blocking entrance/exit ways and ticket barriers.

Always on their bloody mobiles or having coffee and a fag...

• GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited September 2017 Posts: 6,758
    Why do people drive slowly on the left side (or the right side in UK) of the freeway?
    I hate that, I haven't got all day.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Why do people drive slowly on the left side (or the right side in UK) of the freeway?

They might have cupcakes in the back. ;)
    Murdock wrote: »
    GoldenGun wrote: »

They might have cupcakes in the back. ;)

Also I hate it when you are going 80mph in the fast lane (I know its too fast) and some idiot tries to undertake you via the middle lane,which is totally illegal.
    Doesn't happen often but,man,that really gets my goat up.

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair

@barryt007 introducing the thread
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I hate when people on this forum make obscure or obtuse titles for their threads that are impossible to determine the meaning of without visiting said thread. ;)

Being serious now, my biggest sinew-bursting pet peeves:

*People who chew loudly or who actively try to speak with their mouths full of food.

*People who finish their shopping and lazily leave their carts out in the open parking lot where they could hit other cars, often just feet from the cart corral. They do this, as if a five foot walk would kill them to put the cart where it actually belongs.

*People in restaurants who speak so loud you can hear their entire conversation, like you're listening to a commentary track for a movie you never asked to see. In the same theme, people who bring their insolent children to restaurants, and nothing but screams and cries fill the establishment (this one happened to me this past weekend).

*People who don't look up from their phones when they do anything. These experiences were an everyday pain in the arse for me at college, where my ignorant and dim upper and lowerclassmen didn't have the decency to watch where they were going as they opened the door with their eyes glued to their phones, not watching if the door was going to hit someone, and who ate with people at breakfast, lunch and dinner that they ignored in favor of texting another trivial person until their next class (and no doubt during that class as well). The incessant and cancerous habits of these cell phone addicts have run rampant in the outside world too, and every day is another headache watching them eradicate their brain cells and those of the people around them.

*Touchy people who always have to grab you at some point in your conversation with them. The types you want to stare at, lift their arm off your shoulder and say, "It's called personal space. You're invading mine."

*People who gossip and never actually discuss anything of any true relevance or importance. History, politics, philosophy, current events? Damn it all, let's talk about who divorced who or what two people are "seeing each other." These are individuals so focused on other's lives that you get the sense they don't have ones of their own, which is probably more true than anyone (including myself) would like to know. It's one thing to be ignorant and obsessive, but when that obsessiveness only focuses on the trivial, I must keep my distance from you.

*Other general personality types and groups of people I try to avoid: cat people, heavy talkers, radical Catholics, fans of modern art, Game of Thrones binge-watchers, coffee drinkers, therapists, cryptozoologists, conspiracy theorists, people who use "like" as a comma, texters, tweeters, Facebookers, those that think movies were only made after 1980 and Irish women (not because I dislike them; quite the opposite).
    I hate when people on this forum make obscure or obtuse titles for their threads that are impossible to determine the meaning of without visiting said thread. ;)

Got ya though didn't I ...he he ;)

Actually,that was a working title,i was about to complete it,your timing is impeccable !

• GoldenGun wrote: »
    You'll be happy to know I've pulled dudes over for that.
    DUPE
    barryt007 wrote: »

Got ya though didn't I ...he he ;)

Actually,that was a working title,i was about to complete it,your timing is impeccable !

And btw,i have this idiot who sits behind me in the office,a supervisor of another department ,and he not only talks with his mouth full,he even does it on the phone to customers !!!

There have been complaints about it but nothing is ever done.Pathetic.
    My ideal thread :D

I was talking to a young work colleague this morning who flat out refuses to wear his seat belts.

I on the other hand admit to being somewhat militant about passengers wearing their belts in my car and, being honest, I can't stand hearing of people who don't. It's not even that restrictive.

@Master_Dahark are you a policeman? What's been your experience with this
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 4,599
    "in the fast lane"

Its not the fast lane (the speed limits are the same for all lanes), its for over taking (there are no fast and slow lanes), if a car is not overtaking, it should not be in that lane,

re the illegality of undertaking, any source?

People who have the cultural and geographical knowledge of a dead fly.

Including but not limited to:

People who can't name the neighbouring countries of their own country. I don't know how that's even possible.

I have met people who don't know the difference between England and the UK as well.

Also some individuals who can't even place a country in the right bloody continent.

And those (insert insulting noun here) who think films or music should always be in English and should be made post-1990 annoy me by default.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm a huge fan of complaining, so this'll likely be my new home.

@GoldenGun, you want to have a fun time with those types of questions, come on over to the United States. You'd be completely stunned at the geographical/cultural/historical knowledge of some of the people here.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I hate that people have no training. Never learned to drive? Here's a license. Never learned anything in school? Now you can vote. Never learned manners? Go socialize. GRRRRRRRR!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I hate that people have no training. Never learned to drive? Here's a license. Never learned anything in school? Now you can vote. Never learned manners? Go socialize. GRRRRRRRR!

That's a dangerous amount of people. I'm rather surprised by just how little we actually learn and understand over here, compared to how much we momentarily learned just for a test or an exam.

Especially that "never learned anything in school? Now you can vote" bit. I say everyone should have to pass a straight-forward test before voting, no more than ten questions or so. Have them be incredibly basic, common-sense type of questions that everyone should know, and if they miss a particular few, they can't vote.

If you can't tell me who our Vice President is or how many states are in the U.S., you should not be picking who will lead the country.
    chrisisall wrote: »

16 year olds being able to vote scares me.

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    70 year olds driving and voting scare me :-D
    70 year olds driving and voting scare me :-D

Hahaha good point !

• QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    edited September 2017 Posts: 1,812
    edited September 2017 Posts: 6,758
    I agree @Creasy47, and here in Belgium it's even worse, we have the duty to vote. Which mean that not only any idiot has to vote, but also someone who couldn't care less.
    Why did they make curved TV screens? There is literally no point. Cinemas that have really big screens have to be curved to mitigate against the 'pin cushion' effect. This won't happen with TVs!
    Maybe it fits into the corner of a room better ?! ;)
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 684
    * Excessive horn honking which is almost all of it.

Acceptable: a friendly toot-toot to the neighbor watering his grass; laying on it to alert the octogenarian who's backing straight out his driveway in his Rover without looking over his shoulder that you are in fact about to t-bone him.

Unacceptable: bald middle aged dude in the black pickup behind me at the red light, seven cars from the lead, throwing his bodyweight behind it 1 microsecond after the light turns green.

All cars should be programmed such that they are allowed one honk per 24 hour cycle. You want to use it to blare anger at the oblivious twentysomething woman who had no idea she traffically affronted you in any way whilst chasing her up and down the lanes of a business district? Fine. But when, an hour later, Student Driver pulls out of his parking space in front of you without looking each way then all is, as Paul and Art had it, "the sound of silence" — until the metal tearing anyway.

* When it comes to watching films on phones I agree with this guy.

* Music in public spaces. At the shopping mall. At the gas pump. Browsing for a book. Someone switch it off. If I wanted my life to have a soundtrack of pop music I'd at least have Baz Luhrmann come around to my house and stage something with some pizazz.
    Christmas adverts in September