Why ??!!...The whinging,moaning,complaining,ranting,letting off steam thread !!

Comments

jobo wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    My stupid bloody train company has cancelled my train home again.
    Its hard enough with this stupid commute FFS.

29 years I have done this shit..time to move to the Philippines eventually,we have land there and are working on it !!

There you will only have earthquakes and volcanoes to worry about! ;)

As long as they come at the scheduled time, there's nothing to worry about ;-)

Yes, earthquakes are famed for their punctuality ;)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    My stupid bloody train company has cancelled my train home again.
    Its hard enough with this stupid commute FFS.

29 years I have done this shit..time to move to the Philippines eventually,we have land there and are working on it !!

There you will only have earthquakes and volcanoes to worry about! ;)

As long as they come at the scheduled time, there's nothing to worry about ;-)

Yes, earthquakes are famed for their punctuality ;)

If you create them like Max Zorin!
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    Listening to adverts featuring his annoying voice on the radio in the car.

I can't stand James Corden. What a prat!! Not normally one to speak ill of others but...grrrrrrr!!!!!!!

I hate that talentless fat pratt with a passion,always have.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

I can't stand James Corden. What a prat!! Not normally one to speak ill of others but...grrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Annoyingly and painfully unfunny. Apparently singing music with a celebrity in the passenger seat is the textbook definition of original comedy to some. Blows my mind the drivel people eat up and think is gold.
  • Speaking of radio, whenever commercials have horns or sirens always throws my attention off a second. Looking around for something that isn't there!
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Annoyingly and painfully unfunny. Apparently singing music with a celebrity in the passenger seat is the textbook definition of original comedy to some. Blows my mind the drivel people eat up and think is gold.

Unfortunately most of the Americans cant get enough of him,thats why he stays there now,as his popularity here is waning .

• edited October 2017 Posts: 11,189

Unfortunately most of the Americans cant get enough of him,thats why he stays there now,as his popularity here is waning .

He is still doing annoying adverts on the radio here in the UK though.

I'm honored to not be grouped with them, then. Sounds like you lot across the pond know what you're doing!

He is still doing annoying adverts on the radio here in the UK though.
    Lucky i'm not a real music lover and dont ever listen to the radio.

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Oh, a diss on James Corden? I'm so into that! Smug, obsequious, insincere and just plain annoying. Just because he's chubby it doesn't automatically make him funny. Or talented. Did you see his interview with Gary Barlow. I wanted to be sick. Eugh. Barlow is another one I can't stand.

I much preferred Craig Ferguson. (Plus old Craig was in Red Dwarf! Bonus points for that.)
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I freaking hate my stupid, dumb, pointless drawing class that I must take for school. I suck at drawing and find no fun in it.
    royale65 wrote: »
    Oh, a diss on James Corden? I'm so into that! Smug, obsequious, insincere and just plain annoying. Just because he's chubby it doesn't automatically make him funny. Or talented. Did you see his interview with Gary Barlow. I wanted to be sick. Eugh. Barlow is another one I can't stand.

I much preferred Craig Ferguson. (Plus old Craig was in Red Dwarf! Bonus points for that.)

Corden was twice in Doctor Who and both episodes were actually great. More bonus points and I like Carpool karaoke and his streetwalk musicals, they are so much crazy fun.

If this is the worst in your live to moan about then you folks are in a fairly nice albeit boring life.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The episodes would have been better, had Corden no been in them. And this thread is for moaning/complaining/whinging etc... so what's the problem with moaning/complaining/whinging about James Corden. He works mostly in the US now, which is good, cause he isn't our problem anymore. Let's just pray that the US doesn't give us him back, like they did with Piers Morgan.

I have something that rustles my jimmies, and I don't give a damn whether it is "first world problems" or not.

Above my letterbox is a sign that reads "Please close the gate." And still people leave it open. If you have the brain cells to know where the letter box is, then you can see the sign. It's right there, right above the letterbox. I want the gate closed, so when I let my dog out into the garden, he wont wonder off outside the gate.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 40,285
    @MajorDSmythe, funny you mention that, as there's a gate that leads to my front door, and some kids came knocking trying to sell some garbage food or something just yesterday - I didn't answer the door, whoops. Anyway, they leave and don't even bother closing the gate; and for the exact same reason as you, I want it closed so the dog can go out and I don't have to worry about her taking off.
    SaintMark wrote: »
    royale65 wrote: »

Corden was twice in Doctor Who and both episodes were actually great. More bonus points and I like Carpool karaoke and his streetwalk musicals, they are so much crazy fun.

If this is the worst in your live to moan about then you folks are in a fairly nice albeit boring life.

Good for you. I don't like the chap. As the Major said this is moaning thread. First world problems and all.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    @MajorDSmythe, funny you mention that, as there's a gate that leads to my front door, and some kids came knocking trying to sell some garbage food or something just yesterday - I didn't answer the door, whoops. Anyway, they leave and don't even bother closing the gate; and for the exact same reason as you, I want it closed so the dog can go out and I don't have to worry about her taking off.

I know, right? Do you know what makes it worse, it is almost always someone delivering those sacks for charity. You know, the sacks you fill with unwanted clothes, and leave them outside for collection. I used to just let it go, because I don't want any hassle, just a quiet life. But it happens so frequently, I take the sack, damn near march up my street until I catch up with them, shoving the sack at them, and walk back to my house, not even thinking whether they caught it, or if they let it fall the floor and themselves walked away. It's a common courtesy that takes all of about... 3 seconds. It isn't as if I am asking for much.
    There's not enough common decency any more.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I thought Corden was pretty dreadful in Doctor Who, he overacts way two much though too be honest The Lodger and Closing Time were filler episodes.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    WHY does a Snickers bar have caramel? WHY does a Payday bar have no chocolate? Can we PLEASE combine these two into the perfect candy bar?!?!?!?!?
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    chrisisall wrote: »
    WHY does a Snickers bar have caramel? WHY does a Payday bar have no chocolate? Can we PLEASE combine these two into the perfect candy bar?!?!?!?!?

Twix?

Twix?

One of my favorites. Now I want one.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 2,081
    barryt007 wrote:
    Why..........do people wear sunglasses on the underground/tube/subway ?

You're seriously asking that? And it actually bothers you that people wear sunglasses even though sun isn't shining underground?

Valid potential reasons like migraine were already mentioned.

But there's an obvious reason many people undoubtedly do, and it has nothing to do with "looking cool"; some people simply need glasses to see well.

If one needs glasses anyway, then why would one go to the trouble of taking off sunglasses when entering the tube, and putting on regular glasses, and then taking off those when emerging from the tube and putting on sunglasses again - when one can see fine both outdoors and underground (and in shops etc.) wearing the same glasses, the sunglasses?

In many occasions one would also have to do the change in a crowd of people who are moving, so there you are, opening your bag, and with two pairs of glasses and an eyeglass case in your hands... sooner or later you're gonna have yourself broken glasses and the resulting extra trouble, inconvenience and expenses, and at the very least people bumping into you or you bumping into people. So all that extra hassle in order to net get on some people's nerves by wearing sunglasses?

(And even with people who don't need glasses other than sunglasses, it is surely easiest to just keep wearing the sunglasses than take them off and... hold them in their hand? Or get the case from bag or backpack to put them into, if they'd soon need them again anyway.)

-

There are suspicions between tea drinkers and coffee drinkers? Oh. I wasn't aware. I drink both, and most people I know drink both. Both at home and elsewhere. I have both at home and offer guests what they want either between those or whatever else I have. I have two friends who don't have coffee at home (one doesn't drink it at all, and one only rarely does), so I know I won't be getting any coffee when I visit them, but that's not a problem, either.

-

Frankly I'm suspicious of people who dislike either cats or dogs, both are amazing creatures.

-

I very much agree with various things already mentioned, like Christmas marketing starting in September (a small complaint, but it is annoying), people playing loud music who are rude to everyone else instead of using headphones, people not teaching their kids any manners - the problem is ultimately not the kids, but the adults who go to restaurants or libraries or trains, etc. and just let their kids run around and squeal instead of teaching them what is okay and what is not. (And if you try to do something about the noise and the running then you're the devil.)

And indeed people addicted to social media and their phones.

Also, idiots who throw whatever garbage wherever they happen to be instead of finding a trash bin (or taking the candy paper, the can, whatever with them until there is one).
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

Twix?

One of my favorites. Now I want one.

A nice substitute but it has no nuts!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Here is one multi-purpose explanation if a person hasn't seen it. Excuse the language.

@Tuulia

Did it ever cross your mind that it could be an element of humor to many of the "complaints" posted on this thread? ;)

But of course, one shouldn't judge people on their sun glasses. Except for hipsters! ;)
    I just got back form 4 days in Valencia. Without going into detail, everything I wanted to work, worked. 10 mins to get through the airport, straight into a cab, all the cafes were good with polite staff (low expection of a tip), the Metro was spotless, cheap and effective, all of the tourist venues we visited were well run, etc etc

the only agro I saw was from a stag party in one cafe and you can guess where they were from

on return to Gatwick , a 1 hour wait to get through the airport ,

Basic infrsastructure in the UK is very bad and we just seem to shrug our shoulders and put up with rubbish service and endless delays. It has become the norm and we seem to have lost sight of the fact that things can be better.

Welcome back @patb !

Glad to see you had a good time.

Re infrastructure in the UK,dont start me off..i already had a rant about my train company yesterday.
    rather than let 4 days cloud my judgement, i decided to do some more research,

see below the link to the high speed rail network in Spain, built in the early 1990s I thinkl top speed of 300km hr (99% punctuality rate!!), compare this to HS2 which is just one line and still may not happen,

https://www.eurail.com/en/europe-by-train/high-speed-trains/ave

the current rail network in the UK is a joke,
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Good to see whining about whining (and so on) is welcome here. Only fair.
    People are voting down Tim in the Bond Performance Elimination game. Aaaaarrg!