Why ??!!...The whinging,moaning,complaining,ranting,letting off steam thread !!

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I have turned into a monster.
    Guilty as charged.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I have turned into a monster.
    Guilty as charged.

How har your career in commercialized showbiz been btw? Taken its toll?
    Continuing the rail theme, on Saturday, I traveled to Waterloo by rail:

Ticket office closed due to staff shortage, the one ticket machine that took cash was broken so passengers with cards were buying tickets on behalf of passengers who only had cash and selling the ticket to them, the train went down to around 10 mph for most of the journey and was around 12 min late on a 45 min trip, the toilets at Clapham junction were disgusting (normally wanting to charge 20p but, yes, that machine was broken), one cubicle taped off like a murder scene, the other cubicle just horrible, and dont expect a luxury like a lock or toilet paper

we pretend to be an advanced country but, in reality, we lost the plot years ago.
    patb wrote: »

Ticket office closed due to staff shortage, the one ticket machine that took cash was broken so passengers with cards were buying tickets on behalf of passengers who only had cash and selling the ticket to them, the train went down to around 10 mph for most of the journey and was around 12 min late on a 45 min trip, the toilets at Clapham junction were disgusting (normally wanting to charge 20p but, yes, that machine was broken), one cubicle taped off like a murder scene, the other cubicle just horrible, and dont expect a luxury like a lock or toilet paper

we pretend to be an advanced country but, in reality, we lost the plot years ago.

Welcome to my daily commute Pat.
    dont do it, life's too short. I got out of that routine 10 years ago and could never go back.
    dont do it, life's too short. I got out of that routine 10 years ago and could never go back.

Easier said than done,but I have some plans,starting next year ;)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

I kknow you guys had it hard in the war too, but isn't it time to get out of that and start anew?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Why are shoelaces usually too long or too short? How hard can it be to put fitting laces in them?

Lighten up, shoe manufacturers!
    800px_COLOURBOX18230976.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Why are shoelaces usually too long or too short? How hard can it be to put fitting laces in them?

Lighten up, shoe manufacturers!
    800px_COLOURBOX18230976.jpg

If the shoe fits!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    The shoe does, the laces don't! I fully agree with @Thunderfinger !!!
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    edited November 2017 Posts: 3,985
    Random I know, but why the hell do people press the button on a crossing when there's nothing on the road and they're just going to cross ANYWAY???!!!! X(
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    An American specific thing I'm sure, and I'm curious if they do this in other parts of the country even. I hate when you're leaving Walmart and they stop people to check their shopping bags against what's on their receipts. I'm not stealing. I paid for all this, but now I have to wait in line so I can leave?!?! You're going to look through what are now my possession, and treat me suspiciously when I just paid for all this stuff?!?! On trips when I don't have too much to be able to carry it quickly and I'm feeling rebellious, I'll just walk past them out the door while they go "Sir! Sir! Sir!"
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    An American specific thing I'm sure, and I'm curious if they do this in other parts of the country even. I hate when you're leaving Walmart and they stop people to check their shopping bags against what's on their receipts. I'm not stealing. I paid for all this, but now I have to wait in line so I can leave?!?! You're going to look through what are now my possession, and treat me suspiciously when I just paid for all this stuff?!?! On trips when I don't have too much to be able to carry it quickly and I'm feeling rebellious, I'll just walk past them out the door while they go "Sir! Sir! Sir!"

@BMW_with_missiles, I'm in Pennsylvania and at my local BJs this absolutely goes on. You pay for your cart load of stuff and then always have to have your receipt ready for the door slave to look at and inspect your purchases. I crack a joke every time I've just gotten out of the situation because, like door greeting, it's just another pointless job that has no sensible function. As if anyone of mortal blood has a superpower to check every single item on a receipt while matching it to what is exactly in your cart within seconds of time, which is exactly what the employee would have to be able to do to honor their job. When I hand the worker my receipt I can often see them barely looking at the thing before handing it back, and that is the job in a nutshell.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

@BMW_with_missiles, I'm in Pennsylvania and at my local BJs this absolutely goes on. You pay for your cart load of stuff and then always have to have your receipt ready for the door slave to look at and inspect your purchases. I crack a joke every time I've just gotten out of the situation because, like door greeting, it's just another pointless job that has no sensible function. As if anyone of mortal blood has a superpower to check every single item on a receipt while matching it to what is exactly in your cart within seconds of time, which is exactly what the employee would have to be able to do to honor their job. When I hand the worker my receipt I can often see them barely looking at the thing before handing it back, and that is the job in a nutshell.

Exactly, it's pointless. There's no way they can be making any appreciable difference in theft. Especially if I can just walk by, so can a thief. What annoys me is when you buy a big ticket item and they stare at your receipt forever trying to find it, and you have to point out to them where it is on the list because they start giving you flack saying they don't see it.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

Exactly, it's pointless. There's no way they can be making any appreciable difference in theft. Especially if I can just walk by, so can a thief. What annoys me is when you buy a big ticket item and they stare at your receipt forever trying to find it, and you have to point out to them where it is on the list because they start giving you flack saying they don't see it.

This sounds so wrong.

I'm pretty sure in the UK the only time a store can check your receipt is if an alarm goes off (usually if a security tag has been missed on an item you've purchased) or if you've used a self scanner in a supermarket they can do a random check.

If they attempted to check every person it would seriously kick off.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Wal-Mart is evil.

I just figure it's stores giving their employees something to do on rotation or something. If you're paying them, might as well have them do something beyond standing around.

This sounds so wrong.

I'm pretty sure in the UK the only time a store can check your receipt is if an alarm goes off (usually if a security tag has been missed on an item you've purchased) or if you've used a self scanner in a supermarket they can do a random check.

If they attempted to check every person it would seriously kick off.

Spot on...if that happened here in GB there would be a riot.
    It could never happen here,the mentality is different.
    The excuses I have left that stop me from moving to the UK continue to endure pathetic deaths.
    The excuses I have left that stop me from moving to the UK continue to endure pathetic deaths.

4f870d85-bd3b-4cf1-af51-6fb5dfd4f555.jpg
    barryt007 wrote: »

@barryt007, keep that invite on hand, please. The US becomes more disappointing and embarrassing a place to live by the moment. While in all honestly I'd be most likely to live in southern Ireland, I would for sure pop over to different parts of the UK once and a while, especially London. Fleming knows I'd fit in better there than in my own country.

@barryt007, keep that invite on hand, please. The US becomes more disappointing and embarrassing a place to live by the moment. While in all honestly I'd be most likely to live in southern Ireland, I would for sure pop over to different parts of the UK once and a while, especially London. Fleming knows I'd fit in better there than in my own country.

Tbh it does seem that way,you do seem to have a more British attitude than American.

Tbh it does seem that way,you do seem to have a more British attitude than American.

That's about as high a compliment as I could imagine getting. There's nothing like growing up in America to make you act the least like an American as you possibly can.

That's about as high a compliment as I could imagine getting. There's nothing like growing up in America to make you act the least like an American as you possibly can.

Good !
    My good deed done for the day then !

Back to being nasty.
    >:)

Need to get nasty, @barryt007? Here's an easy mental trick. Just picture this face, smiling at you:
    MV5BMTQzMTgzNjYzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDA3NDk0NA@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
    Now, feel the anger boiling up inside of you. Harness it for true nastiness on this day!
    Need to get nasty, @barryt007? Here's an easy mental trick. Just picture this face, smiling at you:
    MV5BMTQzMTgzNjYzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDA3NDk0NA@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
    Now, feel the anger boiling up inside of you. Harness it for true nastiness on this day!

Frick me I could strangle the gormless little tart.

Frick me I could strangle the gormless little tart.

Now this is getting creepy...
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    @barryt007 Seek Help Soon.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    article-1188310-04E45C44000005DC-226_468x615.jpg
    AskForHelp_Logo_2.png
    Or better, stop sharing your fantasies on a children friendly forum!