Why ??!!...The whinging,moaning,complaining,ranting,letting off steam thread !!

Comments

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    WHY?

Is @ClarkDevlin busy?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    - Oh look, it's December, and UK GOLD (or whatever they are now called) are wheeling out the old favourites that are only on tv... all year round. Take Only Fools And Horses, which I used to like, bu it is on so much, I can't stand it anymore. Put The Fall And Rise Of Reginald Perrin on instead, that hasn't been on in a while. Or Man About The House, George & Mildred, On The Busses etc... Thank UK Gold doesn't own Eldorado. Doesn't bear thinking about, that one.

- The weather, or to be precise, how hot weather is considered good, and cold weather, bad. This is Britain, damn it, learn to love the cold weather.

- Strangers trying to strike up a conversation, then being oblivious to my subtle attempts to let them know that I just don't want to talk.

- Stewart Lee, he is as funny as a Walkers Salt & Vinegar crisp in the eye.

- Everytime a US "chat show" host talks about Britain, and it is "England this, or England that".

- That little film on the top of plastic milk bottles, beneath the cap. You have to grab the flap and rip the film off. I grab the flap, and the flap rips leaving the film smugly still there.

- The pavement shimmy. Is this god, or some other higher force screwing with us?

- Richard Arnold and his usual molesting of innuendo into whatever "showbizz" drivel he's talking about

- The TUI adverts. She's cute, but to quote a character from Beverly Hills Cop III: "Could you turn that ******* song off?"

- That person who says hello, and even knows my name... and I don't have a clue who they are. *cue X-Files theme*

- Being asked by a stranger for directions, my mind has gone blank, I have lived here for 30+ years, but can't remember where it is that they want to go, so I pretend that I don't know the area either.

- HMV changing the layout, again. I knew where the horror section was, next time i'm there, I look like I am casing the shop, because I am looking around, trying to work out the new layout.

- Feeling that it is too cold to go out without gloves, but not wanting to look like you can't handle a slight breeze.

- Realising that Mint & Tea Tree Original Source shower gel, breaks my pain thresh hold. Bloody nora, what on earth is in that stuff? I end up looking like Uncle Frank from Hellraiser, before he is fully formed.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    - Feeling that it is too cold to go out without gloves, but not wanting to look like you can't handle a slight breeze.

start wearing them all year round, tell people it's fashion. Works every time. Except for the slight inconvenience I tend to lose them more often then I leave my work phone on the toilet.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Why are senior citizens pulling the bread out of its paper bag to look at it and squeeze it to check its softness and freshness in the grocery store? Are you soft in the brain? Certainly not fresh!

You are not reading this anyway, old farts, so why bother. Good thing you will die soon.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I'm reading this, you young whipper snapper. Come here, and I'll tan your hide!
    royale65 wrote: »

Oh yeah?

Bread...
    I like to feed the ducks. They are my friends.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited December 2017 Posts: 40,468
    Why are senior citizens pulling the bread out of its paper bag to look at it and squeeze it to check its softness and freshness in the grocery store? Are you soft in the brain? Certainly not fresh!

You are not reading this anyway, old farts, so why bother. Good thing you will die soon.

Just gotta deliver a swift elbow to their temple to let 'em know you aren't OK with that behavior. They won't be molesting bread anymore after that!

donald_duck_PNG73.png

donald_duck_PNG73.png

That reminds me - I'm off to get some Horlicks.

donald_duck_PNG73.png

That reminds me - I'm off to get some Horlicks.

MMM. Whore...licks. You got a nice pension, then?
    edited December 2017 Posts: 4,421
    Reasonable. I do "Oddjobs" on the side to get by....
    Odd? I think you mean Hand.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    edited December 2017 Posts: 3,675
    Ooh, this got kinky quick! I was going to say raunchy, but I know kinky is the preferred term 'round here. *cough cough @barryt007 **

Oh yeah?

Bread...

You know what B stands for?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2017 Posts: 28,694
    "Kinky" is @barryt007's safe word. He can never control himself when things get heated up. ;)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

Putting Goldfinger in a completely different light there..... No wonder he wasn't interested in those lovely girls....

Putting Goldfinger in a completely different light there..... No wonder he wasn't interested in those lovely girls....

The asexual rumour is just that. Old Goldy thinks that being labeled asexual will give him a certain air of mystery.

The asexual rumour is just that. Old Goldy thinks that being labeled asexual will give him a certain air of mystery.

I wouldn't call being on Liberace's team asexual tbh.... ;-)
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 2,005
    Light and Darkness.

This has been the best year in my life so far. I really only started to live in 2014 anyway.

Everything I have achieved makes me proud. I formed my body exactly the way I wanted to and I may never again look as good as these days.
    I've succeeded the para-scout training and I'm a Corporal now.
    I've found friends, brothers, for life. Before 2017 I didn't have friends, none.
    I've fallen in love recently and I didn't know what love is before.

But I have witnessed tragedy. I saw what loss is. I've seen a friend fall apart and break.
    I've seen how his friends crumbled, cracked and it was pure despair.
    I've seen a little girl losing her mother and her Grandma within two weeks. And she's almost lost her father too.

The light in my life gives me the strength to support, help, love back and be a friend.
    The darkness still lurks around and threatens to consume my friend again.

My rant is with God. It's not whining but it's complaining.
    I have many questions and I may never understand what's going on. When has a man suffered enough? What else does it take to finally destroy him? And why is this necessary?
    I'm aware I ask the wrong questions, but today, a day before Christmas I can't ask anything else.
    I let off steam too, not towards God. In spite of everything I saw I still will go to church tomorrow and pray and thank him for making me strong, disciplined, loyal, intelligent and good-hearted.
    I know who I am and what I can achieve, I thank him for that as well.
    I will not ask for anything. I will say that I still have faith and hope that everything will be alright in the end.

Anger is natural and I too have anger in me. I transform it into energy at the gym. When it's gone I am thankful that I can let go of it and not become bitter.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Andi1996Ruegg, you address some very meaningful existential questions I think all of us face. We've all got problems that make us wonder about the meaning of things, why the world is the way it is and why bad things happen to good people. I've always been more cynical and skeptical, but since meeting Jason in particular I've been astounded to see how the universe can feel as if it's decided to target everything a man loves and take it away from him. I've learned a lot from knowing Jason and some of his tragic story, and have been shown now more than ever how important time is, especially the time you spend with those that mean something to you.

I hope you all are able to put the past behind and enjoy the holidays, where unity, thankfulness and the giving of friendship and love should be allowed to be celebrated. No better time than this week to join together and realize all you've overcome with and through one another.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I let off steam too, not towards God. In spite of everything I saw I still will go to church tomorrow and pray and thank him for making me strong, disciplined, loyal, intelligent and good-hearted.

Shouldn't you be thanking your teachers and instructors, maybe parents and friends for that? It's quite insulting to them that you let a figment of your imagination run away with the credit they deserve.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Shouldn't you be thanking your teachers and instructors, maybe parents and friends for that? It's quite insulting to them that you let a figment of your imagination run away with the credit they deserve.

I respect your opinion D.

My parents had nothing to do with it. I grew up in a community school.
    I have thanked my teachers (at the University) and I have thanked my superiors in the army, my army-bros. They have helped me turn into an adult and the man I am now. Shown me what support, loyalty, unity, friendship is about.

Thanking God in church doesn't exclude thanking the people that have helped me grow. It's two different things.

My achievements are my own though and the strength I have in me to reach my goals was given to me. For me that was God, for others it may be a question of biology only. I respect that.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Andi1996Ruegg
    So long as those people got a taste of your gratitude too, I'm okay with whatever business you and the big fellow upstairs discuss, sir. :)

@Birdleson
    I'm sure I said nothing to scare the guy away. ;-)
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    @Andi1996Ruegg, you're solid on many, many levels.

Peace be with you and have an especially Merry Christmas. All best to @BondJasonBond006.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Let's drink to our lad, @Andi1996Ruegg here, who's helluva of a great fellow. Wishing you all the best you'd conquer in your up and coming years, my friend.

giphy.gif

And let's make one more toast to our comrade @BondJasonBond006, who is one of the greatest people I've known. Virtually, sure. But, regardless...

giphy.gif

DALTONRULEZ™
    I am often surprised by the anger and resentment many atheists express when faced by pretty much any religious expression. You're not much better than the religious fanatics you love to criticise, if religious practiced in any form insults you do much...

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays regardless :)
    Friends...

It was not my intention to stir up anything. I realize religion is a tricky topic and I respect all opinions on it.

On the risk to sound corny but please let's all enjoy the Christmas days, no matter if it's part of your religion or not.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you.
    oops....
    double take pigeon ha ha...
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Friends...

It was not my intention to stir up anything. I realize religion is a tricky topic and I respect all opinions on it.

On the risk to sound corny but please let's all enjoy the Christmas days, no matter if it's part of your religion or not.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you.

Andi, for all practical purposes I should probably consider myself to be among the atheists on this board. But I have met all kinds of religious people whom I greatly respect, just finished listening to my annual dose of Bach's Christmas Oratorio (a must-hear for me this time of the year), and I'm fully with you that we should all enjoy the season no matter what religion or non-religion. The least you can say is that Christmas has come to transcend these boundaries.

Thank you for your good wishes, and everybody please accept mine as well. It has been a pleasure being on this board after being left sort of homeless with the IMDb forums shut down.