Why ??!!...The whinging,moaning,complaining,ranting,letting off steam thread !!

Comments

jobo wrote: »
    People are voting down Tim in the Bond Performance Elimination game. Aaaaarrg!

He is in with a tough crowd ....and he was still wooden and 'acting' in parts.

barryt007 wrote: »

One of my older work colleagues, who seems fairly "in tune" with the knowledge of Bond and Fleming, told me he rewatched TLD and LTK last weekend. His verdict? He boarderline preferred LTK but said that Tim was "still wooden" and "didn't flow".
    BAIN123 wrote: »

One of my older work colleagues, who seems fairly "in tune" with the knowledge of Bond and Fleming, told me he rewatched TLD and LTK last weekend. His verdict? He boarderline preferred LTK but said that Tim was "still wooden" and "didn't flow".

That's how I see it,except I do like LTK (mainly due to Sanchez and his crowd) a lot more than TLD.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Then we must rally the troops, and fight back. "To the Daltonmobile."
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 19,339

Right then,2 can play at that game : All Connery,Moore,Craig fans to the ,er,ah, "ConneryMooreCraigmobile."

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited October 2017 Posts: 13,866

Right then,2 can play at that game : All Connery,Moore,Craig fans to the ,er,ah, "ConneryMooreCraigmobile."

What about Brosnan? Oops, he's out completely. ;) Which i'm a bit surprised at, as I thought there was a lot of Bosnan love around here.

What about Brosnan? Oops, he's out completely. ;) Which i'm a bit surprised at, as I thought there was a lot of Bosnan love around here.

I did think that GE and TND might have lasted longer,and tbh he was good in DAD as well.
    I hope people arnt thinking of the films rather than the performance here,which I think is happening in places.

People describe Dalton as "wooden"??! What is wrong with the world! One thing is Trump, Putin, Brexit, climate change deniers, right wing populism, ISIS, North Korea, but this, THIS?!! I am losing faith in humanity!
    Wooden? No. Mannered? Possibly.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Why do we suddenly need all these various pension arrangements? You never needed to think much about this stuff earlier.

39-pension.gif?w=584
    The smugness often found rooting in suburban life is a pet hate for me too.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

As a Connery and Craig fan, I must say I stand with Dalton and refuse to rush to attack.

Haha. @MajorDSmythe, when I heard Dalton was being voted against my honest first thought was, "Oh, that means Pierce must already be out" and I was actually right. Heavens... :))
    Coincidentally, my top 5 Bond performances are all from Connery, Moore and Craig ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Coincidentally, my top 5 Bond performances are all from Connery, Moore and Craig ;)

At least 7 of my top 10 would be from Sean and Dan, so we're not that different... ;)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

I'm with this crew, and in that order too.
    I'm greatly annoyed by the songs 7 Years and Sugar (Maroon 5). I was forced to hear them on the radio plenty of times while I was in an internship. I dislike them ever since.
    I was at my favorite restaurant in Barcelona not long ago. An English couple on the table beside me ordered rosé wine... and then put frickin' schweppes in it?!! Why??!!
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited October 2017 Posts: 2,721
    I was at my favorite restaurant in Barcelona not long ago. An English couple on the table beside me ordered rosé wine... and then put frickin' schweppes in it?!! Why??!!

Because they're Spectre agents. Like Connery - you should have gone with your instincts on this one. It's equivalent to Grant ordering the red wine in FRWL
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 7,500

Because they're Spectre agents. Like Connery - you should have gone with your instincts on this one. It's equivalent to Grant ordering the red wine in FRWL

The girl did look unusually strong... Damn it!
    Some guys never put the toilet seat up while taking a leak. WHY???

A lot of men sit down nowadays when having a wazz...not very manly.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

A lot of men sit down nowadays when having a wazz...not very manly.

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I do all my bodily ablutions standing up.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    royale65 wrote: »

Impressive that you can poop standing up, sir.

We can all do that. The challenge is not making a mess doing it.
    Amazon keeps sending me Criterion Blu-rays without the Director Approved sticker >:(
    Why cant peeple make an effert to spel proply??? WHAIII???
    giphy.gif
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.

We can all do that. The challenge is not making a mess doing it.

That is the trick.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Why do I always end up working a night shift when the clocks go back
    Why do I always end up working a night shift when the clocks go back

That is not cool.