Why ??!!...The whinging,moaning,complaining,ranting,letting off steam thread !!

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Hear, hear! Merry Christmas, @j_w_pepper!
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 8,676
    Same to you, @RichardTheBruce. Verily.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited December 2017 Posts: 13,894
    As a great member once said, "we are all among friends here, chap".
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited December 2017 Posts: 7,965

My achievements are my own though and the strength I have in me to reach my goals was given to me. For me that was God, for others it may be a question of biology only. I respect that.

@Andi1996Ruegg as long as you remember this, you'll find that this year has been only a start. Think positive, go for opportunities and never ever let fear get the better of you. It's a warning, a warning to think before you act, to take calculated risks instead of beeing reckless, and to accept the outcome.

Now that was my Christmas thought for the day, so to you and everyone else Happy Christmas, and especially too to @Jason.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Shithole countries a racist term? Come on!
  • DikkoHendersonDikkoHenderson Daniel Craig at the plastic surgery clinic- "Gently my friend Gently... THAT'S NOT BLOODY GENTLY!!"
    edited January 2018 Posts: 50
    Are we going to pretend that a place like Haiti, a mecca for human trafficking, organ trafficking, etc is not a shithole? Let's call a spade a spade..
    Are we going to pretend that a place like Haiti, a mecca for human trafficking, organ trafficking, etc is not a shithole? Let's call a spade a spade..

Spades are valuable in those shitholes after all.

Welcome in Haiti indeed.

Isn't a spade a slang word for negro? Only less complimentary?
    That is true.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Why am I seeing videos on social media of Idris Elba commenting about everyone wanting to see the character of Bond be overhauled. Be it a black Bond a female Bomd or anything else.
    When did Mr. Elba become an authority on such things?
    Why can't Bond remain a white English spy?
    Why does he have to change?Why can't people just leave things alone anymore?
    Bond isn't broken, so doesn't need fixing.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    If Bond changed gender or race then it would be a different character, only the PC brigade will be pushing for drastic change, they should go and create a new character themselves and leave Bond alone.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 3,000
    If Bond changed gender or race then it would be a different character, only the PC brigade will be pushing for drastic change, they should go and create a new character themselves and leave Bond alone.

Ahh, but it does no good for the child throwing a tantrum to build his own sandcastle to knock down; he must knock down yours. That's the way it seems to work with the PC crowd unfortunately.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Ahh, but it does no good for the child throwing a tantrum to build his own sandcastle to knock down; he must knock down yours. That's the way it seems to work with the PC crowd unfortunately.

Good analogy the PC brigade have already done that to Doctor Who and took away a male role model.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,423
    You should see the absurdity that took place in the Who Could/Should Be Bond Actor thread a week ago.
    I'll have a look at the thread.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Idris Elba, an actor I quite like, is really becoming tiresome with his thoughts on the Bond character. The latest was at Sundance where he claimed people wanted change within the character of 007, whether Bond is a black or white woman. I'm not understanding his endgame on the matter. If reporters ask him a stupid question on a character that he has no relation with, why does he persist on giving and feeding the machine? Is he, deep down pissed he wasn't offered the role? Are reporters provoking him? After all, why isn't Tom Hardy or Tom Hiddleston asked about Bond at every turn? Is he provoking them? I just don't understand this fascination the media have in getting his feedback on a character he doesn't play, and, as far as we know, was never offered the role. The closest he has come to Bond seems to have been in a leaked email where Amy Pascal said he'd make a good 007. That's it. Otherwise, his understanding of the character seems to stand at nil.
  • DikkoHendersonDikkoHenderson Daniel Craig at the plastic surgery clinic- "Gently my friend Gently... THAT'S NOT BLOODY GENTLY!!"
    SaintMark wrote: »

That was CERTAINLY not what I was implying. To "call a spade a spade" means to speak plainly on a subject.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    SaintMark wrote: »

That was CERTAINLY not what I was implying. To "call a spade a spade" means to speak plainly on a subject.

I think they're pulling your leg here @DikkoHenderson ........

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/call_a_spade_a_spade

you meant 'fig', after all...

but don't worry, that'll b see nas rcist too soon enough...

http://eprints.whiterose.ac.uk/113930/

The ugly architecture of the last 50-60 years never stops grating on my nerves. Get a grip, damn architects and construction landlords! Seriously, you can t go on making the environment uglier. What is this, the Soviet Union?
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 19,339
    The ugly architecture of the last 50-60 years never stops grating on my nerves. Get a grip, damn architects and construction landlords! Seriously, you can t go on making the environment uglier. What is this, the Soviet Union?

It might be soon as we’ve launched missiles on their ally this morning

I'm with you on this one. Coming from a town that was more or less totally rebuild after WW2 - and in a post-war Functionalism style, makes anything else feel like a breath of fresh air.

I'm with you on this one. Coming from a town that was more or less totally rebuild after WW2 - and in a post-war Functionalism style, makes anything else feel like a breath of fresh air.

Whenever I cross the river to our old town, where everything is from the 17th, 18th and 19th century, I can feel it gives my mental health a boost.

Whenever I cross the river to our old town, where everything is from the 17th, 18th and 19th century, I can feel it gives my mental health a boost.

Not surprising! Older buildings and architecture always makes me happy, too. Also one of the reasons I will never complain if Bond goes to Italy again, and again, and again…
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 5,185

May i ask in what city you live @Thunderfinger?
    Our ancestors understood the importance of beautifying the surroundings, but something happened a while ago. Can t understand how, but morons were put in charge of these things.
    00Agent wrote: »

Fredrikstad.
    00Agent wrote: »

Fredrikstad.

Thanks, sounds like something i would like to visit one day.
    Norway as a whole is very tempting for me.
    And where do you live, @00Agent ?
    And where do you live, @00Agent ?

I moved to Hamburg around 4 years ago, but was located in north germany most of my life.