Why ??!!...The whinging,moaning,complaining,ranting,letting off steam thread !!

Comments

• Murdock wrote: »
    One time I was doing a little shopping and this woman was plowing through isles running as fast as she could with her shopping cart. She would have collided into me if I hadn't jumped out of the way. What the heck is wrong with people?

Should have nonchalantly tripped her as she passed.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote: »
    One time I was doing a little shopping and this woman was plowing through isles running as fast as she could with her shopping cart. She would have collided into me if I hadn't jumped out of the way. What the heck is wrong with people?

Should have nonchalantly tripped her as she passed.

I wish I had but she was with three lady friends and I don't need that kind of drama in my life. :))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Creasy47 wrote: »

If you can't tell me who our Vice President is or how many states are in the U.S., you should not be picking who will lead the country.

You raise some good points, but those two examples are really not important, are they?

When a new cash register opens up in the grocery store due to queue, people at the back of said queue will often rush forward.
    tenor.gif
  • Murdock wrote: »
    I wish I had but she was with three lady friends and I don't need that kind of drama in my life. :))

Ah, a flock of wild bitches ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote: »

Ah, a flock of wild bitches ;)

The real housewives of Newark Ohio. =))
    Other general personality types and groups of people I try to avoid: cat people, heavy talkers, radical Catholics, fans of modern art, Game of Thrones binge-watchers, coffee drinkers, therapists, cryptozoologists, conspiracy theorists, people who use "like" as a comma, texters, tweeters, Facebookers, those that think movies were only made after 1980 and Irish women (not because I dislike them; quite the opposite).
    I fulfill at least two of these criteria (cat person and coffee drinker -- although for what it's worth I am additionally a dog person and would say all around that I'm simply an animal person; I make no apologies for drinking coffee) and possibly four, depending both on the pace one would have to proceed through Game of Thrones in order to classify as a 'binge watcher' and what idea of modern art is being nipped in the bud—i.e. if we're talking about Jackson Pollock, Martha Graham, John Cage, etc., then I likewise don't have much a taste for it.
    Why do so many have strong opinions about things they know next to nothing about...
    jonw.gif
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    I am well educated though I know nothing which is the beginning of wisdom ;)

It absolutely is. And self-mockery is another thing in my opinion.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 101
    Deleted
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    Don't get me started! There is a TV show called 'Room 101' in the UK. If I appeared it would be twelve hours long (and I'd insist on being the only guest so as not to waste time!).
    There used to be another show called 'Grumpy Old Men'.

Just to kick off; Internet 'experts'. Bad drivers. Obsessive use of mobile phones. Deliberate Shaky/zoom in and out camerawork in film and TV.

The list is endless......
    Why do so many have strong opinions about things they know next to nothing about...
    jonw.gif

I don't much about that, but it sure makes me mad!!

Ok. Something that bothers me is reporters. At least in my country, they often ask criminals being taken away by the police if they regret what they did. What's with that? Also, they often ask people who have suffered some tragedy how they feel. I think it's obvious to everyone with a bit of common sense that they feel terrible! My impression is that reporters are taught to inquire about feelings when investigating a story, and that leads to questions like that. I understand there is an emotional effect behind every event, but there are cases in which it's patently obvious and needs not be inquired about. That's my opinion, anyway.
    Booze is allowed, but cannabis is illegal.
    tenor.gif
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

If you can't tell me who our Vice President is or how many states are in the U.S., you should not be picking who will lead the country.

You raise some good points, but those two examples are really not important, are they?

When a new cash register opens up in the grocery store due to queue, people at the back of said queue will often rush forward.
    tenor.gif

In the scheme of things, no, but you should not be selecting who will run our country if you don't know incredibly basic information about the country. It's laughable the type of information some people lack here.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Is it true that in some states people under 21 can buy guns but they can't have a beer?
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Is it true that in some states people under 21 can buy guns but they can't have a beer?

They should be able to pick one of the two.
    Why was Pierce Brosnan cast as James Bond again?
    tenor.gif
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Most people object to the consumption of human flesh. Let's just agree on that.
    WHY doesn't everyone believe David Arnold is a hack?
    Most people object to the consumption of human flesh. Let's just agree on that.

They do?
    tenor.gif
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,409
    Great choice for a thread, @barryt007 !

1) WHY are people so hooked on facebook they can't seem to live without it any more? Have IQ's dropped to the point where one cannot produce one's own opinions any more?

2) WHY do people stare at me funny when I concede to not having a facebook account and, more importantly, not wanting any either, lest I betray my intellect, seek fans rather than friends, and judge the quality of my life by the number of likes I receive?

3) WHY can't parents give their kids a proper upbringing any more? How is it possible, that when I give a 16 year old some extra homework assignments to punish him for his big mouth in class, I receive an e-mail from one of the parents stating, "we disagree with you, (...) doesn't have to do the assignments."? How can it be that when I verbally reprimand a student for his conduct, I'm called into the head teacher's office the next day in order to justify the "harsh language" (according to the parents) I used to "publicly humiliate" their son?

4) WHY do people care so much about new year and all that? It's just three numbers changing instead of only one or two. So what? And WHY am I supposed to bring gifts on December 31st? What exactly are we celebrating again? A toddler may be impressed by the extra flipped digit but surely anyone with two or more functioning brain cells isn't. Also, remind me please WHY it's mandatory to be drunk on new year's eve?

5) WHY were people so into PARANORMAL ACTIVITY? Never ever have I seen more boring crap played out on a cinema screen before. Sleep inducing is even too much of a compliment for this utter nonsense.
    edited September 2017 Posts: 45,489
    Why are there so many bad teachers?
    tenor.gif
    You don't have a Facebook account DD??

What a weirdo ;)
    I don t either and no one ever looked funny at me for that.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 11,189

That's two weirdos we have on here. Making small talk with people is boring anyway :p

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

No, not for that anyway. The telekinesis, definitely! ;)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I find my life so much more interesting without facebook to be frank. :-)
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I find my life so much more interesting without facebook to be frank. :-)

You're not missing much, believe me!
    Dragonpol wrote: »

I don t do telekinesis. I only have warm hands.
    tumblr_ofs36m69vz1vvr3u7o2_500.gif
    Dragonpol wrote: »

I don t do telekinesis. I only have warm hands.
    tumblr_ofs36m69vz1vvr3u7o2_500.gif

Sorry about that. I got mixed up.
    I am annoyed by all the people complaining about every. Damn. Thing. It's like, get over it, jeez! Ugh, I wish they died.