Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    So who do we think is going to die in Infinity War?

Guardians of the Galaxy, I hope.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.

Loki and Cap.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

Guardians of the Galaxy, I hope.

Star Lord at least. I hope. :))
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Loki & Hawkeye.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    bondjames wrote: »
    Loki & Hawkeye.

Yeah I'm happy for these 2 to bite it and I'll add Vision too.

On another note...

Most tweeted movie ever
    tumblr_p5wlteP9PM1w8xetso1_400.jpg

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Glad to know I'm not the only one who never liked Vision.
  • Should Marvel's Kevin Feige get a Thalberg award?

Cubby Broccoli got his in 1982 after producing 12 over 21 years (with a 13th in preparation).

Feige has made 18 through Black Panther, with another two coming out this year.

http://bit.ly/2GPkvuk
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    I expect Cap to die. He’s the most fleshed out and sympathetic character in the MCU and killing him is the surest way to make the film impactful and emotional.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I think Cap will die also plus there are two potential replacement Cap's already lined up, if Iron Man dies it will be a Hammy from RDJ. I also think Marvel are likely to put Iron Man in a Guardians film.
    I think Cap will die also plus there are two potential replacement Cap's already lined up, if Iron Man dies it will be a Hammy from RDJ. I also think Marvel are likely to put Iron Man in a Guardians film.

I really hope neither die. If any of the original big guns has to bite it then I'd want Thor to get the chop but realistically, Tony may go. Evans and Hemsworth are still young and I really want to see more of the Cap/Black Panther dynamic from the comics on screen.

bGEH2Nv.jpg

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited March 2018 Posts: 15,423
    I don’t think Iron Man will die. It’s not in the cards.

Cap on the other hand, will. Very likely that either Bucky or Sam/Falcon will succeed him in the mantle.

I won’t be sad to lose Vision, though.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Finally saw Black Panther.

Good movie. I was mostly entertained throughout. Different than the other Marvel films I'd seen.

3 out of 4 stars
    If that Last Supper picture is meant to be a clue then it sounds like Iron Man is next in line to bite the dust.
    I would have placed my money on Cap though. Too much potential with Bucky or Sam taking the mantle.
    Bucky's Captain America costume in particular was so cool; I'd love to see the movie version
    If that Last Supper picture is meant to be a clue then it sounds like Iron Man is next in line to bite the dust.
    I would have placed my money on Cap though. Too much potential with Bucky or Sam taking the mantle.
    Bucky's Captain America costume in particular was so cool; I'd love to see the movie version

That image isn't official, it’s fan art.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of characters end up dying. The infinity stones can be used to bring them back in typical comic book fashion anyway.
    :))

85609921.jpg
    With Wednesday's numbers($3.0M OS and $2,052,932 domestic) Black Panther has now officially passed $1.2B WW:

Domestic: $612,103,128
    + Foreign: $590,400,000
    = Worldwide: $1,202,503,128

The incredible domestic performance has kind of made the OS performance go under the radar a bit, but Black Panther will become the 6th superhero movie ever to pass $600M at the foreign box office this weekend. OS performance has been spectacular.
    According to that site :

jpbox-office.com/charts_france.php?filtre=datefr&variable=2018

Black Panther is third at the french box-office with 3 255 881seats, behind Les Tuches 3 and La Ch'tite Famille. Not bad, not bad at all.
    :))

85609921.jpg

I think Mark Ruffalo is channeling Daniel Craig on the river Thames! lol!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Just watched the IMAX trailer for the most recent Infinity War trailer, I am impressed
    doubleoego wrote: »
    With Wednesday's numbers($3.0M OS and $2,052,932 domestic) Black Panther has now officially passed $1.2B WW:

The incredible domestic performance has kind of made the OS performance go under the radar a bit, but Black Panther will become the 6th superhero movie ever to pass $600M at the foreign box office this weekend. OS performance has been spectacular.

So it is a "cultural phenomenon" like Star Wars or The Spy Who Loved Me back in the day? I sure haven t noticed. It s nothing like Avatar, which would more fit that bill. Better movie, too.
    Just watched the IMAX trailer for the most recent Infinity War trailer, I am impressed

I’m really hoping the Infinity War Blu-ray gets the IMAX aspect ratio.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 1,257

So it is a "cultural phenomenon" like Star Wars or The Spy Who Loved Me back in the day? I sure haven t noticed. It s nothing like Avatar, which would more fit that bill. Better movie, too.

I know you are pretty bent out of shape over this movie but you’re lying to yourself if you can’t admit BP is a cultural phenomenon in some form or another. Don’t get me wrong, I think the film is certainly overrated, but I do not think it is overhyped.

You clearly lack awareness so it's no surprise you haven't noticed. Like I said to you before, stay ignorant.

’Black Panther’ Hits $100 Million at Chinese Box Office

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/black-panther-china-box-office-2-1202735450/

'Black Panther' Is About To Pass Two Huge Box Office Milestones

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/03/23/black-panther-is-about-to-pass-two-huge-box-office-milestones/

Why ‘Black Panther’ Saved the First Quarter Box Office From Disaster

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/black-panther-box-office-2-1202734573/

5L2fHzt.gif
    I am not "bent out of shape". I am pretty indifferent. I only ever heard one guy talk about the movie, outside the internet.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    @Thunderfinger's question got me thinking about it, and I personally haven't heard anyone talk about this film either. More of my social circle saw Ragnarok. I haven't gone out of my way to make inquiries, but normally when something is really resonating culturally I get people initiating discussion with me about it, like they did for TDK or SF for instance. I'd be interested to see if the age demographics skew younger. When I was in the theatre it was packed with kids.

I’m really hoping the Infinity War Blu-ray gets the IMAX aspect ratio.

Me also the difference when on IMAX is very noticeable, the details on Spiderman's Iron Suit looked very good in IMAX
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited March 2018 Posts: 40,500

Maybe you should spoiler tag that second trailer.