Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    IW promo appearances on Kimmel this week:

Monday, April 23
    Robert Downey Jr., Tom Holland, Zoe Saldana, Paul Bettany and Pom Klementieff

Tuesday, April 24
    Mark Ruffalo, Scarlett Johansson, Tom Hiddleston, Danai Gurira and Dave Bautista

Wednesday, April 25
    Chris Hemsworth, Chadwick Boseman, Karen Gillan, Sebastian Stan and Josh Brolin

Thursday, April 26
    Don Cheadle, Benedict Cumberbatch, Elizabeth Olsen and Winston Duke
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @bondjames either 1st or 3rd wins for me, due to the magnetic presence of RDJ and Josh Brolin.
    Good choice @DaltonCraig007. I'll surely watch those days for both RDJ & Brolin but am also going to try and take 2nd for ScarJo, Ruffalo, Hiddles and Bautista.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

I watched this and was impressed, but I get the vibe that they are trying to give Venom the hero take in this one?
    Avenger Infinity War reactions

RIwgtHy.png

UoCeozd.png

3JBVtNW.png

https://twitter.com/AwardsCircuit

miles marshall lewis? @MMLunlimited 52s52 seconds ago 

avengers: infinity war.... shellshocked yo. that’s a looootta movie. it’ll make you 12 again, the highest praise i guess. LOVED it, yes. ya want spoilers, DM me (lmao)....

Sheraz Farooqi? @SherazFarooqi_ 

Had the pleasure of watching #Avengers: #InfinityWar. One of the most unique MCU films, IW has a distinct Marvel/Russo feel, while also bringing a TON of emotional layers, dodging many MCU tropes, & carried by a magnificent villain in #Thanos

io9/Gizmodo editor:

Jill Pantozzi ??Verified account Buy a ticket for a second viewing of #AvengersInfinityWar now. The movie delivers, it's huge, and no one in your theater is going to be able to sit quietly through this one. Expect the unexpected.

Nigel M. Smith@nigelmfs

#AvengersInfinityWar is my second fave @Marvel movie after #BlackPanther. The superhero interplay is hilarious and surprising at every turn. The action is monumental. And there are actual stakes this time around. Kevin Feige is not f-cking around with this one.

ComicBook Debate @ComicBookDebate

#AVENGERS: #InfinityWar is the most thrilling, action-packed film of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Focusing on deeper, emotional beats, while retaining their classic charm, IW is both familiar & different in such a GREAT way. #Thanos is FANTASTIC!
    Full review at 6PM EST.
    -Sheraz

https://twitter.com/ComicBookDebate/...384689152?s=19

Nate Brail @NateBrail

Avengers: Infinity War blew my mind. I have never left a film this awestruck. Ever. Thanos is a force of Nature. Thor is the MVP. Marvel Studios lays down the Infinity Gauntlet with this one.

Screenrant:

Molly Freeman @mollyrockit 

I saw #AvengersInfinityWar earlier tonight and I can say that it delivers. There's a lot of really fun character interactions, some cool action moments (Thor's powers, Iron Man's suit), and a few powerful emotional beats. Most of the humor is Also Captain America is

https://twitter.com/inversedotcom/st...51430750900230

Avengers #InfinityWar is epic, emotional and most of all, shocking. Marvel just raised the stakes higher than you can believe.

https://twitter.com/frankpallotta/st...51333724049410

I’ve left every Marvel movie with a sense of where the franchise was going. The strong “Avengers: Infinity War” is the first time where I’m utterly perplexed about what’s next. There were audible gasps at the NYC screening.

There is going to be a LOT to unpack about AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR over the next few weeks, and I don’t know exactly how it’s going to play to ‘mainstream’ audiences, but as a 10-year fan of the MCU a few times I found myself smiling out loud or at awe of .... (cont.)

...what very much feels like the culmination of decade of stories … in a good and unprecedented way.

We're not touching anything resembling a spoiler right now. But INFINITY WAR IS very much a Thanos movie. Josh Brolin is a revelation. Cable's got his work cut out for him following this...

https://twitter.com/Newsarama

https://twitter.com/colliderfrosty/s...53685218525186

Quote:

Jaw on ground. You are not ready for 'Avengers: Infinity War'. All you have to know is AVOID ALL SPOILERS! Seriously. Go in knowing as little as possible. The @Russo_Brothers did the impossible. Wow.

https://twitter.com/davidlsims/statu...52809095610368

Quote:

i’m actually still up for the INFINITY WAR social embargo!

I mostly felt the same way I did about CIVIL WAR. til the last act which is admirably nuts. it’s weightless in that giant crossover way, but then it really goes for it. some stuff made me GRUMPY. I dunno. what a world!

felt like reading a big Marvel crossover book, really. it’s Jim Starlin through and through, for better and worse

Brandon Davis?Verified account @BrandonDavisBD 
    I laughed, I cried, I cheered, I screamed, I jumped. I'm in disbelief. I watched Avenger: Infinity War.

Quote:

The Extraordinary Xilla?Verified account @BlogXilla1m1 minute ago 

#AvengersInfinityWar is the craziest ride of emotions. It’s super fun but I am in a mood. Whew!!! Avoid social media if you’re not going to see it on Thursday.

Quote:

MOVIE: Avengers: #InfinityWar
    - WOW.
    - Exceeded my expectations
    - @Russo_Brothers crushed it
    - It's a lot to process but works very well
    - Thursday night will be long remembered
    -- The experience/moments are incredible
    - Top 3 Marvel movie for me

Quote:

MORE: Avengers: #InfinityWar
    - No clue how mainstream will receive it
    -- People MAY feel overwhelmed?
    - Don't spoil it for yourself
    - FYI: I don't know the comics well
    -- No clue how true comic fans will feel
    - Score tomorrow 6PM EST

Quote:

Also, Thanos is developed beyond what I thought could be possible in this movie. Villains always make or break these MCU movies and this one is on the good side of that problem. #InfnityWar

Daniel Barna
    ? @RealDanBarna

Quote:

AVENGERS #infinitywar felt like Marvel just dunking all over DC:Genuinely funny jokes that felt effortless, real emotional stakes & payoffs from a decade of world building and character development, crisp, inventive action sequences and an ending that left my jaw on the floor.

Also amazing how Marvel managed to make the once cumbersome Thor into one of the most likeable of the bunch. I absolutely love him in this movie.

https://twitter.com/RealDanBarna/sta...54804787453953

Rudie Obias ? @RudieObias 

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR is very weighty and juggles most of its characters with consideration. It’s the closest thing to a Paul Thomas Anderson movie you’ll find in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I Am Shook! #Marvel #AvengersInfinityWar

Also here's an early round-up from THR: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...edium=referral

From beginning to end, #AvengersInfinityWar is non-stop action. It’s really dynamic and jaw-dropping, but at times, it could have stopped for air and give us more substance on plot points. Loved it when the audience clapped as soon as #BlackPanther & #okoye entered the scene.

https://twitter.com/eeisenberg/statu...55554926006272

Quote:

Holy Hell. Avengers: Infinity War is the real deal. Was left breathless sitting in the theater. Real consequences, stunning moments, awesome character interaction, and some BIG and often devastating surprises. Oh, and Thanos is terrifying and amazing. Damn.

https://twitter.com/JimVejvoda/statu...55841220878336

Quote:

I liked #Avengers #InfinityWar more than a lfew other folks I’m talking to after the premiere. It’s hugely emotional and very funny but some might find it ... I need to sleep on this.

https://twitter.com/KevinMcCarthyTV/...55516753674241

Quote:

“Perfectly balanced. As all things should be.”

AVENGERS INFINITY WAR is masterclass in balancing story & characters. What RUSSO BROTHERS did w/ this film is pure filmmaking. I am in awe @ how they juggled every aspect.

Perfectly clean action. Perfect tone. Brolin is INCREDIBLE.

After 10 years of investment in this series & these characters, boy does #AvengersInfinityWar knock you on your ass. Humor, sky high stakes & a truly overwhelming amount of emotion in it. Russos did a great job spreading screen time for the ensemble but my MVPs - The Guardians.

Quote:

Holy Hell. Avengers: Infinity War is the real deal. Was left breathless sitting in the theater. Real consequences, stunning moments, awesome character interaction, and some BIG and often devastating surprises. Oh, and Thanos is terrifying and amazing. Damn.

https://twitter.com/eeisenberg/statu...55554926006272

https://twitter.com/KristianHarloff/...54675925680128

Quote:

Wow! Marvel dropped all the rules, fists out and what a tornado!! #AvengersInfinityWar was a blast and Thanos just dethroned Killmonger as the champion of villains.

https://twitter.com/BilgeEbiri/statu...54484674007040

Quote:

INFINITY WAR is exhausting. *Exhausting.* It all just turned into noise for me after a while. But the amazing ending almost made up for the rest of it. And Thanos is a good, sad villain.

https://twitter.com/robertliefeld/st...54607021703169

Quote:

EARTH’S MIGHTIEST HEROES!!! Like you’ve never imagined! Spectacular! Phenomenal! AVENGERS INFINITY WAR is the best yet! Not even close. The greatest super hero battles ever put to film!!

https://twitter.com/YrOnlyHope/statu...51555783106562

Quote:

#AvengersInfinityWar: #Marvel puts it all on the table and wipes it off. Stress-inducing, full of dread, darker than usual, yet, funny as hell and super entertaining. Terrifying Thanos razes the ground without mercy. Blockbuster noise? Yes, but with emotional stakes attached.

Avenger: Infinity War is a spectacle. It's enormous. It's bigger than anyone is ready for and it's an absolute roller coaster. It's dark. It's fun. It's heavy. It's thrilling. Infinity War is unlike anything that has ever come before it.

https://twitter.com/BrandonDavisBD/s...477179392?s=09

Quote:

My God. #AvengersInfinityWar was Incredible. Incredible. Incredible. The visuals, the story, the GUTS. The action is non stop, the movie grips you and never lets you go. EVERYONE gets a moment to shine. And that ending...My God that ending...Best film the MCU has ever done!

https://twitter.com/TheRochaSays/sta...55380250046464

Quote:

#InfinityWar is everything you want, nothing you expect. It’s funny, surprising, dark, filled with delightful interplay between characters never seen on screen before. I know many filmmakers say they are trying to make a sequel in the vein of Empire Strikes Back, this succeeds.

Quote:

MVPs: Thanos!!! Thor, most of the Guardians, Peter Parker, best ending of any Marvel movie, possibly the best end credits scene of any marvel movie. Cons: Cg villains other than Thanos, teenage Groot, not enough black panther leads.

Quote:

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR has like ten legit "chill down the spine" great moments. But it's for sure the first half of a two part movie and I left a little unsatisfied/frustrated, maybe by design ... at least that's how I feel right now three hours later.

#AvengersInfinityWar was an incredible ride that caps off 10 years of MCU. It truly is a Thanos movie and does him justice. The character interactions were as fun as you’d think but there wasn’t enough character development. Still, what a ride... it left me utterly devastated.

https://twitter.com/JoshuaYehl/statu...56233237303297

Yeah, Fuck you James Cameron.

RE: IW - I'm not surprised by the comments. I expect it to be EPIC. I'll be there on Friday and can't wait to be blown away.
    I'll be seeing Infinity War tomorrow at 4:30pm. So just over 24 hours to go!
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain

I think it looks pretty darn good but I have to admit that I almost prefer his look from Spider-Man 3.
    Venom-Spider-Man-3.jpg
    Just give him the voice and tongue from the new movie.
    I have a good feeling about IW, but on the other hand Earth´s Mightiest Heros until now spent most of their time fighting themselves, so them fighting together throughout a whole film ought to raise the bar naturally.

The Venom trailer looks neither good nor bad to me. Reminds me a lot of Hulk, as did the first teaser. The bit of the Venom creature we see is not necessarily in its favor, I could imagine it´s going to look better in the film. I strongly hope it is.
    The venom film principally is an epically wasted and unfortunate missed opportunity. Venom should have been first and foremost introduced as a spidey antagonist. There are so many ways they could have done it and with Infinity War brining cosmic elements to EMHs and going so far to take Peter off Earth, this could have been a loose adaptation of Secret War from the comics where in this case fir IW, the symbiot could have come from planet Titan or elsewhere and have secretly latched on to Peter....or they could go for something similar ala the 90s animated series.

But you know, it's frikkin' Sony.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    doubleoego wrote: »
    The venom film principally is an epically wasted and unfortunate missed opportunity. Venom should have been first and foremost introduced as a spidey antagonist. There are so many ways they could have done it and with Infinity War brining cosmic elements to EMHs and going so far to take Peter off Earth, this could have been a loose adaptation of Secret War from the comics where in this case fir IW, the symbiot could have come from planet Titan or elsewhere and have secretly latched on to Peter....or they could go for something similar ala the 90s animated series.

But you know, it's frikkin' Sony.
    Very very well put.

Although, I won't be giving up on the film just yet. Like Mendes4Lyfe put it, it does look like it's subdued, but the first try at viewing it wouldn't hurt, methinks. Just my two cents.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 15,694
    Dbfu8S7UQAEuJuL.jpg
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    ... I already had something major from Infinity War ruined for me. I really hate the internet sometimes.
    I just saw IW and jeez...Marveĺ/Disney did it. They actually did it. They just made the BEST Comic Book movie ever. Period. I can't believe what in just watched. Darth Vader and Ledger's Joker just got dethroned easily by Thanos.
    I saw IW and don´t ge the hype at all. On the positive side I had to laugh quite a few times, and I was impressed that young Cumberbatch has more gravitas than RDJ. But all in all it was quite a mediocre film, and Thanos´ animation is quite ridiculous. I mean in Ready Player One there is not one character that took me out of the experience. They all look quite unrealistic, but something in their movements brings them to life. Thanos´ face had its moments, but the quality was very inconsistent, and the rest of his body was straight out of a mediocre computer game. When I saw the trailers I assumed they were going to render Thanos much better until the film comes out, but he looks exactly like in the trailers.
    And the big dramatic element somewhat falls flat for certain reasons.
    It´s funny, I thought the trailers for Ready Player One were ***t, and I experienced pure joy watching the film, and the trailers for IW made me seriously curious, and it again turned out the other way.
    Went to the movie this morning as part of work. Not a huge Marvel fan, hadn't kept up to date with any of the Avenger movies to be honest. Went in with moderately low expectations.
    I'm completely shocked to say that they completely won me over!
    I was gripped from start to finish. I wasn't that familiar with the characters or the backstory leading up to this movie but it was very easy for newcomers to follow, super enjoyable - I laughed so many times with it - threatening and tense when it needed to be and entirely gripping from start to finish. I can't recommend this movie enough! I can only imagine it being a major treat for fans of the franchise!
    TR007 wrote: »
    Went to the movie this morning as part of work. Not a huge Marvel fan, hadn't kept up to date with any of the Avenger movies to be honest. Went in with moderately low expectations.
    I'm completely shocked to say that they completely won me over!
    I was gripped from start to finish. I wasn't that familiar with the characters or the backstory leading up to this movie but it was very easy for newcomers to follow, super enjoyable - I laughed so many times with it - threatening and tense when it needed to be and entirely gripping from start to finish. I can't recommend this movie enough! I can only imagine it being a major treat for fans of the franchise!

It is for many fans. Thanos was just such a remarkable villain. Jim Starlin should be a very proud man. The movie's not perfect and it doesn't need to be But it achieves so many things that no other film has done. It is without question my favourite comic book movie. Seeing this 4 more times between tonight and Sunday.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    So I've been thinking about Fantastic Four recently and thought I'd try and think about what I would want from the cast of the new MCU franchise. Don't judge.

Anthony Welsh as Reed Richards/ Mr.Fantastic
    Mackenzie Davis as Susan Storm/ Invisibile Woman
    Joe Cole as Johnny Storm/ Human Torch
    Rami Malek as Benjamin Grimm/ The Thing
    Michael Fassbender as Victor von Doom

I'm aware of the age difference between Anthony Welsh and Michael Fassbender, but I think both would perfect for each role, and it might be an interesting twist to redefine their relationship from old college enemies to a mentor and his student.
    Won't be seeing IW for a couple of weeks atleast due to numerous commitments, but hopefully will allow the rush to see the film to calm down a bit.
    Same, @RogueAgent
    I still need to see Black Panther too! Going forward I'd better steer clear of this page- all over Facebook people are already posting pics of themselves sitting in shocked silence after the movie :))
    Same, @RogueAgent
    I still need to see Black Panther too! Going forward I'd better steer clear of this page- all over Facebook people are already posting pics of themselves sitting in shocked silence after the movie :))

Oh dear! Lol! Black Panther is excellent by the way.
    @bondjames either 1st or 3rd wins for me, due to the magnetic presence of RDJ and Josh Brolin.

Brolin killed it as Thanos and Hemsworth as Thor had a great showing, making up for Whedon's poor handling of the character.
    Just got back. Still processing. It's certainly epic, dark, substantial and consequential. However, I'm not sure if I'm necessarily all that impressed. It's a bit busy and didn't quite grab me like the first Avengers film. There's a lot going on and I would have preferred a bit more character development with perhaps less people involved. Anyway, not bad, but to be frank I feel a little underwhelmed at this point.
    I enjoyed IW much more than I did Black Panther. Some might think that this is the downside of packing so many people into one film, but I thought it worked pretty well. Of course I love Starlord (Chris Pratt), Rocket Raccoon (Bradley Cooper), Drax (Dave Bautista) and Groot, which helped elevate this movie above BP. I'm not sure I understand @bondjames' comment about more character development? Firstly, these characters don't need anymore development. If you're still developing your characters by your fourth movie then it's fair to say you failed in your previous ones.
    Avengers: Infinity War global box office at $134M after two days
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    How exciting. For accountants.
  • RC7RC7
    How exciting. For accountants.

Ha ha.